Technical Lead2018 - PRESENTJohnson & Johnson
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, RabbitMQ, Hadoop, Pandas, Python
- Created a data integration framework that aligns with Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Optimized queries leveraging Amazon EMR.
- Integrated multiple systems, performed data sanitation and transformations to output into a data warehouse.
- Helped design and generate Tableau reports, and the data sources involved.
- Created a web application to apply additional security rules to display reports to external customers.
- Performed project management duties, and product owner responsibilities.
- Managed development staff for 3 teams.
- Analyzed team performance and output, and optimized SDLC.
Software Consultant2017 - 2018Manheim
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Splunk, New Relic, Jenkins, TIBCO, ActiveMQ, AWS, Terraform, Apache Camel, Spring Boot, Java
- Designed and developed a real-time message processing system, capable of processing 10 million messages. Implemented with Java, Spring, Apache Camel, AWS, ActiveMQ, and Tibco.
- Worked within an Agile team; I helped to write stories and break down work. I used Rally and Trello to manage the stories and delegate work.
- Implemented a Jenkins build automation pipeline responsible for unit testing, integration tests, then deployment to multiple environments with user gates.
- Implemented an Infrastructure-as-Code strategy through Terraform and completely automated resource provisioning. This was integrated into Jenkins to automate infrastructure deployments.
- Integrated all systems with Splunk and New Relic for APM and notifications.
Software Consultant2016 - 2018International Survey Associates
- Created a data pipeline, which will ingest tabular data and generate statistical reports. This product leveraged Python, Pandas, PySpark, Linux, and SPSS.
- Created an HTML-based report for the purpose of generating PDFs. Leveraging Jinja2, Python, and PostgreSQL. This report is generated in real-time.
- Leveraged D3.js to render custom charts.
Co-Founder and Software Consultant2015 - 2018Foureyes Labs, LLC
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Vue.js, HTML5, Python, Java, Scala
- Implemented an authorization framework built on Scala and Scalatra, with rigorous testing with Scalatest.
- Implemented a polyglot based service-oriented environment, with Kotlin, Scala, and Java as a baseline for a client's ecosystem.
- Created Front-end corporate websites for Foureyes as well as customers with Vue.js, completely leveraging Serverless technologies.
- Created Serverless applications leveraging Serverless Framework, AWS, Node.js and.
- Maintained constant communications with clients, and ensured their needs were being met.
Software Consultant2015 - 2017Manheim
Technologies: Docker, Adobe Experience Manager, Groovy, Jenkins, Twisted, Python, Hapi.js, Node.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), AEM, Java
- Developed LDAP integration with Adobe Experience Manager. Manheim had an existing AD and used Java within AEM to integrate for authentication.
- Managed and updated Jenkins pipeline for the deployment of the application.
- Trained staff on how to leverage Adobe Experience Manager. Held several seminars and individual training sessions.
- Collaborated with UI and content teams to generate front-end AEM components. Front-end components leveraged internal style framework, baseline internal libraries, and jQuery.
- Created a Ruby DSL to ease the development of components for those not familiar with AEM. The DSL provided a declarative language to define the requirements of a component, then generate the relevant resources.
- Began migration of manheim.com to a more micro-service driven architecture. Split off three services into Docker contained services including a geolocation service and a universal header and footer.
Lead Software Engineer2015 - 2015Triple-S Systems
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, MATLAB, C++, AWS
- Leveraged Python and C++ to generate a radar simulation algorithm. The algorithm required the use of the Map-Reduce algorithm with a Hadoop cluster. Each iteration performed significant linear algebra and required FFTs.
- Worked with Matlab to prototype small scale simulation. The small scale simulation proved the mathematical models.
- Collaborated with CEO during funding rounds, to determine scope, costs and potential impact of certification of algorithms.
- Deployed and maintained cloud resources. Automated the scaling rules to reduce costs during non-usage, and leveraged spot instances to scale compute capacity on demand.
VP of Engineering2014 - 2015m2M Strategies
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Razor, Jira, AWS, Spring, Java, .NET, C#
- Led the development team to implement an automated marketing platform. Incorporated an Agile methodology, and ensured both the business and development teams were in sync through Jira, visual aids, and regular reviews.
- Generated administrative front-ends with both C# .NET and Razor, as well as Java and Spring.
- Performed ETL on remote systems with HTTP, SQL, and Pub/Sub integration points. The ingested data was normalized through per-client custom C# code and loaded into a data warehouse, blob store, and updated information in an RDBMS.
- Leveraged Amazon Redshift to perform Data Warehousing and integration with Tableau.
- Implemented a queue and worker system with Amazon SQS and Java + AspectJ. Through serialization of domain objects, the SQS queue was able to trigger workflows in the Java application.
- Acted as Scrum master, leading daily standups and biweekly retrospectives.
Software Consultant2013 - 2014CDX/Dealermatch
Technologies: RSpec, Selenium, C++, MongoDB, Salesforce, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Wrote integration tests with Selenium and Rspec. Integration tests were written in a TDD environment and were run on a regular basis.
- Developed Ruby on Rails back-end code to deliver functionality related to vehicle pricing. The database was driven by MongoDB, and the Thin-Model Fat-Service pattern was used.
- Built automated workflows by writing Salesforce logic for validation and data integrity purposes.
- Wrote a C++ application to perform high-performance data de-duplication through Levenshtein distance algorithms. The data was loaded every morning, and the deduplication process would run before any other integration work was completed.
VP of Engineering2010 - 2014GetOne Rewards
- Designed and implemented a database, application code, mobile apps, and front-end to support a digital only rewards program.
- Leveraged Java + Tomcat for the API back-end. The application was written in an n-tier application style, and leveraging JSP style templates.
- Performed database administration for a PostgreSQL database. Included tasks such as indexing, query planning, stored procedures and fine-tuning database engine parameters.
- Created an administrative front-end to manage accounts. It was written with jQuery, HTML, and CSS. The admin front-end required authenticated users and scoped data.
- Built a customer facing admin portal to view dashboards, statistics, and manage the rewards program. The managed data was then propagated to relevant devices distributed around the US.
Embedded Software Consultant2013 - 2013Decision Sciences
Technologies: C++, FPGA
- Generated Softcore FPGA performance tests for memory allocations, FLOPs, and network bandwidth. Tests were then compiled into a report and sent to a client.
- Wrote application code to process ~1TB of data per second. This code was written in C++ and passed to the Softcore processor.
- Traveled to meet the team to perform crunch time work on-site.