Rogelio Nicolas Mengual
Verified Expert in Engineering
Rogelio is a versatile, positive, and self-motivated full-stack engineer with over 15 years of experience in various programming languages, frameworks, and platforms. Rogelio enjoys taking on new challenges and constantly strives to learn new skills.
Git, Linux, PHP, Laravel, MySQL
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is build the entire infrastructure and develop all the systems that are part of one of the leading real estate platforms in America.
- Created the relational database structure to support the business logic.
- Developed the application using Laravel 9, Alpine.js, and Tailwind for styling.
- Set up the server's infrastructure to support the expected demand.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
- Developed an application that takes in data from credit scoring sub-systems and makes decisions based on that input.
- Created infrastructure in the cloud and built up the architecture to a solution that can be scaled.
- Created tests for all scenarios to automate deployment.
Full-stack Developer | Security Auditor
- Performed a security audit, finding and correcting security issues in the server infrastructure and the application layer.
- Developed new functionality in the web application and worked in PHP and Vue.
- Created a new way of deploying environments in AWS.
- Added a load balancer for the web application and configured the servers to work under a new architecture.
Senior Full-stack Web Developer | System Administrator
- Created a new application that interacted with Salesforce.
- Developed a new Laravel application that exported MS Word documents based on a set of dynamic questions.
- Performed troubleshooting and enhancements of existing applications using different versions of Laravel.
- Created different development and testing environments and managed the security policies in AWS.
- Developed algorithms for better sorting of suggestions offered to potential clients.
- Created the API to connect with a strategic partner that offers peer-to-peer money raising.
- Improved existing back-end functionality, extending its capabilities and doing more reusable modules.
- Participated in architectural decisions for high-demand services.
Adverator (via Toptal)
- Created back-end admin panels for different types of media ads and managed printed media specs and images.
- Troubleshot and modified an uploading mechanism to interact with S3 buckets.
- Improved existing back-end modules to make the code more reusable.
Hiring Output (via Toptal)
- Improved performance of the application by removing idle processes and functions.
- Created data importing processes from different sources.
Director of Engineering
- Helped the team improve the internal process to funnel the right talents to the clients.
- Created specifications for new features on the working platform.
- Interviewed clients, analyzed specs, and made decisions about prospect projects.
- Supervised the working relationship among developers and clients.
- Solved issues from billing to technical to ensure the quality of the provided service.
Technical Screening Team Leader
- Helped improve the internal process for talent testing and selection.
- Trained new team members that wanted to start screening Toptal prospects.
- Led meetings and managed a team of experienced developers.
- Created new tests for the different technical roles.
- Coordinated with different teams to tackle different kinds of issues derived from screening.
Technology Leader and Full-stack Developer
ProHatch (via Toptal)
- Rebuilt the payment process flow for a better user experience.
- Created a blog module for the administrator accounts.
- Implemented news publishing capabilities for administrators.
- Built all the front-end landing pages and templates.
- Fixed several broken modules and classes within the legacy code.
- Developed a cron job to monitor projects' phase status.
- Implemented an admin panel that allows admin users to control the platform processes.
- Created a chart generator for decision-making staff.
- Built the back-end and front-end for the new real estate business of the company.
- Performed SysAdmin tasks on the server (migrations, SSL installations, upgrades, backups, cron jobs to trigger and control processes, and other configurations).
Freelance LAMP Developer and Support
- Customized a Drupal login and registration module to include an SMS authentication system that uses the Twilio API.
- Created bash seed scripts to automate installations of CMS apps into the virtual hosts (CMS: Drupal, WordPress, Joomla!, EzPublish, and many more).
- Modified a Perl script that handles records on DNS configuration files.
- Provided solutions to clients' broken CMS applications (Drupal, Joomla!, WordPress, OpenMicroBlog, EzPublish and many more).
- Fixed the DBMGR daemon start script for a customized Vagrant box that was used as a model to build a web server box model.
- Created online documentation for clients to reduce support time.
LDS Trucking (via Toptal)
- Fixed broken Joomla modules.
- Fixed the Joomla layout.
- Updated the site content.
- Installed new modules.
- Customized new modules installed to fit the layout design.
- Fixed a front page slideshow and added jQuery effects.
Senior Web Developer
JCCRANE (via Toptal)
- Created Twitter integration for the BuzzFactory website.
- Fixed a broken Scrollable.js script.
- Fixed broken Joomla modules.
- Updated broken CSS styles.
- Updated PHP code for broken Joomla modules.
System Admin/Drupal Engineer
Patients Pending, Ltd. (via Toptal)
- Migrated a Drupal 7 web application from source to destination server.
- Recreated cron jobs that ran on the source server.
- Created a full backup of the source server.
- Customized the permissions rules editing sudoers file.
- Created and configured chroot SFTP access accounts.
- Created a ksh shell script to add steps of a batch process that involved communication between AIX and mainframe servers.
- Modified a Java program that generated serial number records to include a new numeration structure.
- Modified a Java GUI application that interacts with the mainframe. Added new validations and created new input fields.
- Created a PL1 job that interacted with the DB2 existent database and created some tables after some processing.
- Modified a Perl web application (located in an AIX server) that was not working since many changes done in the mainframe servers.
- Created a ksh shell script that performed some processing and took and sent data from/to the mainframe servers, keeping a record of the process on DB2 tables to resume steps in case of failure.
- Modified the ksh shell script to include new record structure types.
- Modified the D-mate script (IBM's Perl based custom framework language), to add new logic for parts processing.
- Modified some PHP script that interacted with D-frame to change serial code calculations.
- Created a ksh shell script to separate Lenovo serials from IBM serials, write it to DB2, and send data to the mainframe for further processing.
- Provided on-call support, taking care of batch failures on the mainframe and AIX servers. This on-call was required one entire week per month.
Security Server Administration
- Created a Unix shell script (ksh/bash/tcsh) that took care of massive creation of user accounts based on a user model.
- Created a Unix shell script (ksh/bash/tcsh) that took care of modifying user's permissions based on a model user.
- Created a Unix shell script (ksh/bash/tcsh) that resets passwords, disable, or deletes users listed on a file.
- Modified sudoer's file of many Unix-based servers. This was done depending on the client's security policy.
- Supported a PHP-based application for user ID control.
- Provided system administration and security support for more than 2000 Unix servers (AIX, Solaris, AS400, HP-UX, Red Hat) and 500 Windows servers.
- Collaborated with the disaster recovery on-call team, providing the SA and security support required for such events.
- Performed IR21 tests to ensure signaling between carriers.
- Performed AA14 tests to guarantee correct communication between the different operators worldwide.
- Monitored and troubleshot SS7 signaling between carriers, acting on the results to guarantee the correct communication.
- Performed roaming tests based on the GSM Association reference documents IR24, IR35 and IR32 (gsm, gprs and CAMEL service).
- Checked TADIG department charges against networking records and correct deviations to ensure correct billing.
MCI-Verizon Nationwide Representative
- Provided support for billing issues, ensuring client satisfaction.
- Supported technical issues doing a follow-up with the client until correct resolution.
- Changed existing plans and tested correct billing upon change completion.
- Created new client accounts.
- Managed and troubleshot Citrix environments.
Business Trading Platform
Addy (formerly Adverator)https://www.addy.co/
Tech Books for Kids
Leading Real Estate Platform
Bootstrap, CodeIgniter, Laravel, Yii 2, Symfony
jQuery, Stripe, Google Maps, Twilio API, Google API, Salesforce API, Google Geocoding API, Facebook API, Vue, Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, HTML5 Canvas
Apache HTTP Server, NGINX, Vim Text Editor, Apache, Git, Vagrant, VirtualBox, MATLAB, RabbitMQ, Canvas
Model View Controller (MVC), Functional Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Penetration Testing, Data Science, DevOps, Database Design
Apache2, LAMP, Linux, Twilio, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Heroku, Drupal, WordPress, Drupal 7, Joomla, Burp Suite, Salesforce, Algolia, Docker
MariaDB, Relational Databases, MySQL, Memcached, Elasticsearch, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, Redis Cache, IBM Db2, SQL Architecture
Cybersecurity, High-frequency Trading (HFT), Security
System Administration, Ajax, Full-stack, Algorithms, Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), System Security Developer, Web Development, Software Design, Legacy Software, Legacy Code, API Integration, APIs, RETS, Web Scraping, WePay, Perfex CRM, Server Security, Software Architecture, DocuSign, Architecture, Application Security, Integration, Alpine.js, Payment APIs, Online Payments, OpenAI GPT-3 API, OpenAI GPT-4 API, Shell Scripting, Linux Server Administration, Front-end, Back-end, Web App Security, Linux Administration, Virtualization, Machine Learning, Credit Scores, Credit Ratings, Technical Leadership, OpenAI API, Programming, Simulations, Data, IT Systems Architecture, Computer Science, Statistics, Algebra, Linear Algebra, Matrix Algebra, Operating Systems, Relational Database Design, Networking, Cisco Networking, Optimization
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
National Technological University - Cordoba, Argentina