- Director of EngineeringToptal2015 - 2016
Technologies: General Software Architecture
- Helped the team improve the internal process.
- Created specifications for new features on the working platform.
- Interviewed clients, analyzed specs, and made decisions about prospect projects.
- Supervised the working relationship among developers and clients.
- Solved issues from billing to technical to ensure the quality of the provided service.
- Technical Screening Team LeaderToptal2014 - 2016
Technologies: Front-end, Back-end, DB, Mobile developer testing
- Helped improve the internal process for talent testing and selection.
- Trained new team members.
- Led meetings and managed the team.
- Created new tests for the different technical roles.
- Coordinated with different teams to tackle different kinds of issues derived from screening.
- Technology Leader & Full-stack DeveloperProHatch (via Toptal)2013 - 2015
- Created a new isologotype for the company.
- Re-designed the site.
- Rebuilt payment process flow.
- Created a blog module for the administrator accounts.
- Created a forms inbox module for administrators.
- Created news publishing capabilities for administrators.
- Created phases processing and edition controls for administrators accounts.
- Created all the front-end landing pages and templates.
- Added different JS plugins and apps (such as scollable, tinymce, multi-uploader, and more).
- Created a custom main page slideshow.
- Fixed several broken modules and classes.
- Created a cron job to monitor projects phase status.
- Added jQuery effects to several processes.
- Created an admin panel that allows admin users to control the platform processes.
- Created a chart generator for decision-making staff.
- Created the back-end and front-end for the new real estate business of the company.
- Created a social sharing module.
- Performed SysAdmin tasks on the server (migrations, SSL installations, upgrades, backups, cron jobs to trigger and control processes, and other configurations).
- Freelance LAMP Developer and SupportInitSoft2012 - 2014
Technologies: PHP, Bash Shellscripting, MySQL, Drupal, WordPress, Perl, Git, Twilio API
- Customized a Drupal login and registration module to include a SMS authentication system that uses the Twilio API.
- Created bash seed scripts to automate installations of CMS apps into the virtual hosts (CMS: Drupal, WordPress, Joomla!, EzPublish, and many more).
- Modified a Perl script that handles records on DNS configuration files.
- Provided solutions to clients' broken CMS applications (Drupal, Joomla!, WordPress, OpenMicroBlog, EzPublish and many more).
- Fixed DBMGR daemon start script of a customized Vagrant box that was used as a model to build a web server Box model.
- Created online documentation for clients to reduce support time.
- PHP/Joomla DeveloperLDS Trucking (via Toptal)2013 - 2013
Technologies: PHP, Joomla, jQuery
- Fixed broken Joomla modules.
- Fixed Joomla layout.
- Updated the site content.
- Installed new modules.
- Customized new modules installed to fit the layout design.
- Fixed Front Page Slideshow and added jQuery effects.
- Senior Web DeveloperJCCRANE (via Toptal)2013 - 2013
- Created Twitter integration for buzzfactory web site.
- Fixed broken scrollable.js script.
- Fixed Joomla broken modules.
- Updated broken CSS styles.
- Updated PHP code for broken Joomla modules.
- System Admin/Drupal EngineerPatients Pending LTD (via Toptal)2013 - 2013
Technologies: PHP, Drupal 7 Framework, Linux Administration
- Migrated Drupal 7 Web Application from source to destination server.
- Recreated cron jobs that ran on the source server.
- Created full backup of the source server.
- Customized permissions rules editing sudoers file.
- Created and configured chroot SFTP access accounts.
- AIX DeveloperIBM2010 - 2013
Technologies: KSH Shellscripting, Java, Perl, PHP, PL1, DB2, Eclipse, CVS
- Created a KSH Shellscript to add steps of a batch process that involved communication between AIX server and Mainframe servers.
- Modified Java program that generated serial number records to include new numeration structure.
- Modified a Java GUI application that interacts with Mainframe. Added new validations and created new input fields.
- Created PL1 job that interacted with DB2 existent database and created some tables after some processing.
- Modified a Perl web application (located in a AIX server) that was not working since many changes done in Mainframe Servers.
- Created a KSH Shellscript that performed some processing and took and send data from/to Mainframe servers, keeping a record of the process on DB2 tables to resume steps in case of failure.
- Modified KSH Shellscript to include new record structure types.
- Modified D-mate script (IBM's Perl based custom framework language), to add new logic for parts processing.
- Modified PHP script that interacted with D-frame, to change serial code calculations.
- Created KSH Shellscript to separated Lenovo serials from IBM's serials, write in DB2 and send data to Mainframe for further processing.
- Provided on-call support, taking care of batch failures on Mainframe and AIX servers. This on-call was required one entire week per month.
- Security Server AdministrationHewlett Packard2009 - 2010
Technologies: Bash, KSH, PHP, LDAP
- Created a Unix Shellscript (ksh/bash/tcsh) that took care of massive creation of users accounts based on a user model.
- Created a Unix Shellscript (ksh/bash/tcsh) that took care of modifying user's permissions based on a model user.
- Created a Unix Shellscript (ksh/bash/tcsh) that resets passwords, disable or deletes users listed on a file.
- Modified sudoers file of many UNIX based servers, this was done depending on the client's security policy.
- Supported PHP based application for user id's control.
- Provided system administration and security support for more than 2000 Unix Servers (AIX, Solaris, AS400, HP-UX, RedHat) and 500 Windows Servers.
- Part of the disaster recovery on-call team, providing the SA and security support required for such events.
- IREG TechnicianClaro2006 - 2007
- Performed IR21 tests to ensure signaling between carriers.
- Performed AA14 tests to guarantee correct communication between the different operators worldwide.
- Monitored and troubleshot SS7 signaling between carriers, acting on the results to guarantee the correct communication.
- Performed roaming tests based on the GSM Association reference documents IR24, IR35 and IR32 (gsm, gprs and CAMEL service).
- Checked TADIG department charges against networking records and correct deviations to ensure correct billing.
- MCI-Verizon Nationwide RepresentativeApex America2005 - 2006
- Provided Support for billing issues, ensuring client satisfaction.
- Supported technical issues doing a follow-up with the client until correct resolution.
- Changed existing plans and tested correct billing upon change completion.
- Created new client accounts.
- Managed and troubleshot Citrix environments.