Back-end Developer2017 - 2018Giving Assistant
Technologies: AWS S3, Algolia, MySQL, Linux, Yii 2, PHP
- Developed algorithms for better sorting of suggestions offered to potential clients.
- Created the API to connect with a strategic partner that offers peer-to-peer money raising.
- Improved back-end existing functionality.
- Provided support to QA testers.
- Participated in architectural decisions for high-demand services.
Back-end Developer2017 - 2018Adverator (via Toptal)
- Created back-end admin panels for different types of media ads as well as managing printed media specs and images.
- Troubleshot and modified an uploading mechanism to interact with S3 buckets.
Web Developer2017 - 2017Hiring Output (via Toptal)
Technologies: Heroku, MySQL, CSS3, HTML5, jQuery, CodeIgniter
- Added features to a local labor platform.
- Fixed bugs in JS code.
- Improved performance of the application by removing idle processes and functions.
- Created data importing processes.
Director of Engineering2015 - 2016Toptal
Technologies: Software Architecture
- Helped the team improve the internal process.
- Created specifications for new features on the working platform.
- Interviewed clients, analyzed specs, and made decisions about prospect projects.
- Supervised the working relationship among developers and clients.
- Solved issues from billing to technical to ensure the quality of the provided service.
Technical Screening Team Leader2014 - 2016Toptal
Technologies: Mobile Testing, DB, Back-end, Front-end
- Helped improve the internal process for talent testing and selection.
- Trained new team members.
- Led meetings and managed the team.
- Created new tests for the different technical roles.
- Coordinated with different teams to tackle different kinds of issues derived from screening.
Technology Leader and Full-stack Developer2013 - 2015ProHatch (via Toptal)
- Created a new isologotype for the company.
- Redesigned the site.
- Rebuilt the payment process flow.
- Created a blog module for the administrator accounts.
- Created a forms inbox module for administrators.
- Created news publishing capabilities for administrators.
- Created phases processing and editing controls for administrators' accounts.
- Created all the front-end landing pages and templates.
- Added JS plugins and apps such as scrollable, tinyMCE, and multi-uploader.
- Created a custom main page slideshow.
- Fixed several broken modules and classes.
- Created a cron job to monitor projects' phase status.
- Added jQuery effects to several processes.
- Created an admin panel that allows admin users to control the platform processes.
- Created a chart generator for decision-making staff.
- Created the back-end and front-end for the new real estate business of the company.
- Created a social sharing module.
- Performed SysAdmin tasks on the server (migrations, SSL installations, upgrades, backups, cron jobs to trigger and control processes, and other configurations).
Freelance LAMP Developer and Support2012 - 2014InitSoft
Technologies: Shell Scripting, Twilio API, Git, Perl, WordPress, Drupal, MySQL, PHP
- Customized a Drupal login and registration module to include an SMS authentication system that uses the Twilio API.
- Created bash seed scripts to automate installations of CMS apps into the virtual hosts (CMS: Drupal, WordPress, Joomla!, EzPublish, and many more).
- Modified a Perl script that handles records on DNS configuration files.
- Provided solutions to clients' broken CMS applications (Drupal, Joomla!, WordPress, OpenMicroBlog, EzPublish and many more).
- Fixed the DBMGR daemon start script for a customized Vagrant box that was used as a model to build a web server box model.
- Created online documentation for clients to reduce support time.
PHP/Joomla Developer2013 - 2013LDS Trucking (via Toptal)
Technologies: jQuery, Joomla, PHP
- Fixed broken Joomla modules.
- Fixed the Joomla layout.
- Updated the site content.
- Installed new modules.
- Customized new modules installed to fit the layout design.
- Fixed a front page slideshow and added jQuery effects.
Senior Web Developer2013 - 2013JCCRANE (via Toptal)
- Created Twitter integration for the BuzzFactory website.
- Fixed a broken Scrollable.js script.
- Fixed broken Joomla modules.
- Updated broken CSS styles.
- Updated PHP code for broken Joomla modules.
System Admin/Drupal Engineer2013 - 2013Patients Pending, Ltd. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Linux, Drupal 7, PHP
- Migrated a Drupal 7 web application from source to destination server.
- Recreated cron jobs that ran on the source server.
- Created a full backup of the source server.
- Customized the permissions rules editing sudoers file.
- Created and configured chroot SFTP access accounts.
AIX Developer2010 - 2013IBM
Technologies: IBM DB2, CVS, Eclipse, PHP, Perl, Java, Shell Scripting
- Created a ksh shell script to add steps of a batch process that involved communication between AIX and mainframe servers.
- Modified a Java program that generated serial number records to include a new numeration structure.
- Modified a Java GUI application that interacts with the mainframe. Added new validations and created new input fields.
- Created a PL1 job that interacted with the DB2 existent database and created some tables after some processing.
- Modified a Perl web application (located in an AIX server) that was not working since many changes done in the mainframe servers.
- Created a ksh shell script that performed some processing and took and sent data from/to the mainframe servers, keeping a record of the process on DB2 tables to resume steps in case of failure.
- Modified the ksh shell script to include new record structure types.
- Modified the D-mate script (IBM's Perl based custom framework language), to add new logic for parts processing.
- Modified some PHP script that interacted with D-frame to change serial code calculations.
- Created a ksh shell script to separate Lenovo serials from IBM serials, write it to DB2, and send data to the mainframe for further processing.
- Provided on-call support, taking care of batch failures on the mainframe and AIX servers. This on-call was required one entire week per month.
Security Server Administration2009 - 2010Hewlett Packard
Technologies: LDAP, PHP, KSH, Bash
- Created a Unix shell script (ksh/bash/tcsh) that took care of massive creation of user accounts based on a user model.
- Created a Unix shell script (ksh/bash/tcsh) that took care of modifying user's permissions based on a model user.
- Created a Unix shell script (ksh/bash/tcsh) that resets passwords, disable, or deletes users listed on a file.
- Modified sudoer's file of many Unix-based servers. This was done depending on the client's security policy.
- Supported a PHP-based application for user ID control.
- Provided system administration and security support for more than 2000 Unix servers (AIX, Solaris, AS400, HP-UX, Red Hat) and 500 Windows servers.
- Collaborated with the disaster recovery on-call team, providing the SA and security support required for such events.
IREG Technician2006 - 2007Claro
- Performed IR21 tests to ensure signaling between carriers.
- Performed AA14 tests to guarantee correct communication between the different operators worldwide.
- Monitored and troubleshot SS7 signaling between carriers, acting on the results to guarantee the correct communication.
- Performed roaming tests based on the GSM Association reference documents IR24, IR35 and IR32 (gsm, gprs and CAMEL service).
- Checked TADIG department charges against networking records and correct deviations to ensure correct billing.
MCI-Verizon Nationwide Representative2005 - 2006Apex America
- Provided support for billing issues, ensuring client satisfaction.
- Supported technical issues doing a follow-up with the client until correct resolution.
- Changed existing plans and tested correct billing upon change completion.
- Created new client accounts.
- Managed and troubleshot Citrix environments.