Romel Francisco Pérez Estrada
Verified Expert in Engineering
Romel is a passionate front-end engineer with 10+ years of experience building web applications, design systems, frameworks, and UI tools for education, administration, marketing, entertainment, sales, web mapping, advertisement, trading, and construction. His specialties are TypeScript technologies focusing on scale, performance, and testability. Romel is enthusiastic about creating delightful user experiences. He is eager to contribute to projects to improve the world.
MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), GitHub
The most amazing...
...project I've created is a framework to build web advertisement at scale with a focus on performance and extensibility, which triplicated delivery in two years.
- Specified, designed, and developed a web application for landowners, land agents, and project developers interested in restoration projects in the carbon market.
- Supported the development of a single-page web application to manage small to medium-sized construction companies' administrative tasks.
- Defined and developed a design system UI component library for a single-page web application to manage construction tasks, inventories, documents, and users.
- Designed and developed a trading dashboard web application to visualize and analyze trading movements for an internal trading algorithm.
- Maintained functionalities in a gaming communication web app and a contentful website.
- Created heavily animated, highly interactive, customizable, accessible, contentful, futuristic marketing pages for a gaming community.
- Supported the architectural decisions for existing and new features in gaming community web apps.
- Designed and developed an extensive framework to create a digital display web advertising system at scale with a focus on high performance and extensibility, which triplicated the production of ad units with faster and fewer processes in two years.
- Migrated and upgraded a large and old external digital display web advertising system to a simpler, easier, and faster system to integrate with an existing one. The process required to design and develop two web applications for internal testing.
- Mentored members of the team about internal tools, technologies, and engineering processes.
- Reviewed development processes on multiple projects using shared internal tools and engineering practices.
- Developed and documented scalable, extensible, dynamic, and interactive UI 2D map library to use across different real-time web apps.
- Created and maintained new features for a real-time web app for managing and monitoring electronic sensors and devices for industrial warehouses and storage buildings.
- Supported the analysis and definition of technical specifications for internal tools shared across multiple projects.
- Designed and developed educative, multiplayer, real-time, high-performance, well-tested, and responsive web application video game for a university economy program.
- Developed accessible and high-performance public forum manager progressive web application for unreliable internet connections.
- Reviewed and created technical proposals for new software development projects for the company.
- Developed and maintained pixel-perfect responsive web SPAs, PWAs, contentful websites, design systems, and UI component libraries, with awesome user experiences in a high-paced environment.
- Designed and developed a customizable UI component library to search and buy liquor online, which was implemented by multiple brands' websites.
- Created an interactive educational platform for bartenders. It was composed of two web applications, the content manager and the customer interface.
- Developed a pixel-perfect design system UI library for a small fruits and vegetables online marketplace.
- Made a web application to manage governmental events for agricultural guilds.
- Developed part of the UI components for a web platform that provides transfer money services for companies to sell products.
- Built a progressive web application with offline support for the company providing hiking and trekking services to track events and record multimedia on travels.
Junior Software Engineer
- Developed software tools to facilitate the development of university websites.
- Designed and developed UI component library to use in university websites.
- Created extensive technical documentation about the software tools used across multiple projects.
- Developed desktop application to record, process, and store data from climatological sensors, a few web services to interpret the weather data, and web applications components to display weather information on multiple websites.
Junior Software Engineer
GRI Gestión Integral
- Designed and developed the company website with general and service information.
- Designed and developed an internal database management tool for clients' contract data.
- Gained knowledge about general software engineering development.
Real World React Websitehttps://github.com/realworldreact/realworldreact-website
Soul Extract Websitehttps://github.com/soulextract/soulextract.com
MUI (Material UI), Next.js, Express.js, Redux, Materialize, Tailwind CSS, Svelte, Chrome, Cypress, Angular, ZURB Foundation, Sails.js, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Bootstrap
React, Node.js, Emotion Library, Anime.js, REST APIs, Backbone.js, jQuery, Vue, Preact, Leaflet, RequireJS, Socket.IO
NPM, Git, Webpack, Figma, Lerna, Lucidchart, JSS, GitHub, NGINX, GreenSock, Browserify, Subversion (SVN), Apache Tomcat, Apache, Grunt, Mongoose
Test-driven Development (TDD), BEM, Functional Programming
Design Systems, Chrome DevTools, Front-end, UI Components, Effector, Material Design, Atomic Design, Storybook, UI Motion, SvelteKit, Flowcharts, Gatsby, Back-end, Full-stack
MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker, Firebase, DigitalOcean, Netlify
MongoDB, MySQL, Hasura