Software Developer in Hershey, PA, United States
Head of Global Lottery Systems2016 - PRESENTLottery.com
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB, Docker, AWS, Tesseract, Kubernetes
- Supported the CTO with various management tasks as high-level architectural decisions.
- Developed a digital scratch-off lottery system for international markets.
- Architected and developed systems alongside senior engineers for company products.
- Established stronger accounting principles as part of the codebase of various mission-critical transactional systems.
- Built and maintained system microservices for global lottery operations.
President and Co-founder2015 - PRESENTGood Burrito Co.
- Developed, organized, and executed the establishment of a fast-casual restaurant concept.
CTO and Co-founder2015 - PRESENTAvonto
Technologies: Laravel, VueJS, AWS
- Designed and built a Title III and 506C funding platform that allowed the company to become a member of FINRA.
Owner and Operator2006 - PRESENTSerenity Software
- Engineered and built software and systems for several Fortune 100 companies including Dow Jones, 3M, and Chrysler Group.
- Led, engineered, and managed 50+ proprietary systems in a varied array of industries (mostly confidential work).
- Engineered a donor reporting system that included PDF letters supporting both Hebrew and English text with proper formatting rules.
- Built a language translation system for Ning.com.
- Engineered and developed an LMS system for PTC.
Project Sales Team Lead2015 - 2016Toptal
- Helped Toptal build and plan a direction for its Projects initiative based on experience building and marketing agencies.
Technical Director2013 - 2015Inovāt
Technologies: Symfony 2, Laravel 4/5, AngularJS
- Engineered a complex content search engine using Elasticsearch with Oracle River to seed indexes.
- Developed a CRM, PIM, and CMF/CMS component system based on Symfony 2.
- Architected a paid membership site for a print magazine using Laravel 4.
- Created a reusable AngularJS framework to rapidly build common UI/UX interfaces from reusable components.
Consultant2007 - 2008Vigor Branding
- Planned, engineered, and developed a Flash slide system for local venue distribution nationally with real-time Flash customization via the web for Zoom Media.
Web Systems Developer2003 - 2004CTI Networks, Inc.
- Worked as part of the system team tasked to create a highly dynamic webmail system with a weighted spam ranking algorithm.
- Developed a XX.net CMF for multi-channel ISP brands to support ordering workflows, direct mailing management, webmail login, and dynamic regionalized pricing based on carrier rates.
- Kidblog.org (Other amazing things)http://www.kidblog.org/
I helped to engineer new features like a visitor map from Google Analytics data and Google Account sign in, sign up, and a class code system for 3M+ user accounts on the WPMU site. I also engineered a future system to be released for the 2014 school year for new and improved scalable architecture with AngularJS UI and Elasticsearch.
- The Education Center (Development)http://theeducationcenter.com
I built this from the ground up on Laravel 4 with Elasticsearch driven search functionality (http://www.theeducationcenter.com/browse). I reverse-engineered a paid membership feature and integrated the EHub platform by CDS Global.
- ZippyShell (Development)http://zippyshell.com/
Built business application and visual CMS system for franchise based corporation.
- AARP Media Sales (Development)http://advertise.aarp.org
Built business application and visual CMS for custom website design and business functionality.
- MobileGuardian (Development)http://mobileguardian.com
Build AngularJS UI with internationalization and localization capabilities and modular system for expansion including custom components, API integration and Auth.
- Ryan is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. Ryan shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
FrameworksLaravel, Symfony 2, Knockout.js, AngularJS, CakePHP, Lithium, Django
Libraries/APIsNode.js, ZeroMQ, Zepto, jQuery, AngularUI, jQuery UI, React
ToolsMongrel2, PhpStorm, TextMate, Sublime Text, Adobe Photoshop
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, REST, Asynchronous Programming, Concurrent Programming, Dependency Injection, Aspect-oriented Programming, Microservices, Socket Programming, Unit Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD)
PlatformsMacOS, Linux, Azure, iOS, Windows, Unix, Android
StorageMongoDB, Redis, AWS S3, MySQL, MariaDB, Elasticsearch, SQLite, CouchDB, Amazon SDB, NuoDB
OtherDI, IoC, StateMachine, UI Testing
- Certificate degree in Essentials of Corporate Financial Analysis and Decision-Making2015 - 2015Coursera - https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/certificate/BF3AURUY75
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2004 - 2005University of Phoenix - Arizona, USA
- Partial Bachelor's (course credits) degree in Computer Science2003 - 2004Harrisburg Area Community College - Pennsylvania, USA
- Technical High School degree in Computer Science1999 - 2003Waverly High School - New York, USA