Ryan J. Peterson
Ryan is a top architect, entrepreneur, and developer. He boasts a proven competency in building cloud-scalable, extensible software and systems. He writes code that can be maintained and expanded over time as business systems and requirements adapt to market demands or pivots in core business direction.
ExperienceAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 6 yearsNode.js - 6 yearsReact - 4 yearsServerless - 4 yearsGraphQL - 3 yearsState Machines - 2 yearsFlutter - 1 year
MacOS, Unix, Linux, Git
The most amazing...
...was a crowdfunding platform that was part of a FINRA-approved financial services organization.
Serenity Software, Self-Employed
- Worked with many enterprise and startups as a consultant for building cloud-based SaaS products and internal systems.
- Built complex reporting dashboards with D3 and WebSockets.
- Worked on various robotics interfaces and algorithms around path-planning.
- Built and delivered hundreds of products over 15 years of business and software consulting.
EVP of Technology
- Led the Product and Engineering focus for the core Nexus Gaming Platform from conception to launch.
- Facilitated the re-platforming of the company's operations with zero operational downtime.
- Continually identified areas of opportunities and gaps, which reduced IT costs from $5M annually to $250K while increasing software uptime and reliability.
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Led the team from REST thinking to GraphQL thinking through teaching and code review.
- Helped organize and develop flexible access patterns for complex data sets to map to GraphQL.
- Oversaw launch into production processes and the first GraphQL API deliverable in the business unit.
- Managed a small team of three engineers working on the implementation and development of the GraphQL API.
Consulting Senior Engineer
Restaurant Brands International
- Added a feature to a cross-brand kiosk, mobile, and web Mongo-repo app for multiple restaurant brands.
- Worked with the product team to outline, plan, and implement features.
- Helped the team improve documentation and best practices.
- Refactored portions of the system into a more modular codebase.
- Worked on both front- and back-end codebases for feature delivery.
- Worked to build remote team culture including organization of open feedback meetings.
- Improved processes and work methods between IST and EST/PST workers.
- Worked to groom, plan, and deliver features in an agile environment with targeted release dates.
- Provided feedback to product teams to improve the end product.
- Resolved complex bugs and system regressions by methodically tracing the issues using an RCA approach.
- Engineered a complex content search engine using Elasticsearch with Oracle River to seed indexes.
- Developed a CRM, PIM, and CMF/CMS component system based on Symfony 2.
- Architected a paid membership site for a print magazine using Laravel 4.
- Created a reusable AngularJS framework to rapidly build common UI/UX interfaces from reusable components.
- Planned, engineered, and developed a Flash slide system for local venue distribution nationally with real-time Flash customization via the web for Zoom Media.
Web Systems Developer
CTI Networks, Inc.
- Worked as part of the system team tasked to create a highly dynamic webmail system with a weighted spam ranking algorithm.
- Developed a XX.net CMF for multi-channel ISP brands to support ordering workflows, direct mailing management, webmail login, and dynamic regionalized pricing based on carrier rates.
Restaurant Brands Internationalhttps://www.rbi.com/
AARP Media Saleshttp://advertise.aarp.org
AngularJS, Angular, Laravel, NestJS, Flutter, Symfony 2
Node.js, React, NgRx, Vue, AngularUI, jQuery, D3.js
Mongrel2, PhpStorm, AWS Step Functions, AWS Fargate, TextMate, Sublime Text, Git, Adobe Photoshop, SugarCRM
Agile Software Development, Microservices, REST, Asynchronous Programming, Concurrent Programming, Dependency Injection, Aspect-oriented Programming, Socket Programming, Unit Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD), Management
Drupal, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Linux, Netlify, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, iOS, Windows, Unix, Android, WordPress
MongoDB, Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, MariaDB, Elasticsearch, SQLite, CouchDB, Amazon SDB, Amazon DynamoDB, NuoDB
Product Development, DI, IoC, Learning Management Systems (LMS), Serverless, UI Testing, State Machines, Storybook, Tesseract, Software Engineering, Amplitude, Software, Business Development, User Interface (UI), APIs, Leadership, Credit Card Processing, Digital Kiosks, WPMU DEV, Operations, Finance, Financial Analysis
Certificate Degree in Essentials of Corporate Financial Analysis and Decision-Making
Coursera - https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/certificate/BF3AURUY75
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Phoenix - Arizona, USA
Partial Bachelor's (Course Credits) Degree in Computer Science
Harrisburg Area Community College - Pennsylvania, USA
Technical High School Degree in Computer Science
Waverly High School - New York, USA