VP of Research and Development2020 - PRESENTLottery.com
Technologies: Node.js, TypeScript, Elixir
- Drove new product and business development goals to profitability.
Senior Engineer2019 - 2020RBI
Technologies: GraphQL, Serverless, DynamoDB, Amplitude, TypeScript
- Added a feature to a cross-brand kiosk, mobile, and web Mongo-repo app for multiple restaurant brands.
- Worked with Product to outline, plan, and implement features.
- Helped the team improve documentation and best practices.
- Refactored portions of the system into a more modular codebase.
- Worked on both front- and back-end codebases.
Consultant2018 - 2019Automation Anywhere
Technologies: Software Engineering, Team Culture Coaching, Product
- Worked to build remote team culture.
- Improved processes and work methods between IST and EST/PST workers.
- Worked to groom, plan, and deliver features in an agile environment with targeted release dates.
- Provided feedback to product teams to improve the end product.
- Resolved complex bugs and system regressions by methodically tracing the issues using an RCA approach.
Head of Global Lottery Systems2016 - 2018Lottery.com
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB, Docker, AWS, Tesseract, Kubernetes
- Supported the CTO with various management tasks as high-level architectural decisions.
- Developed a digital scratch-off lottery system for international markets.
- Architected and developed systems alongside senior engineers for company products.
- Established stronger accounting principles as part of the codebase of various mission-critical transactional systems.
- Built and maintained system microservices for global lottery operations.
- Migrated monolithic REST to GraphQL microservice system.
Project Sales Team Lead2015 - 2016Toptal
- Helped Toptal build and plan a direction for its Projects initiative based on experience building and marketing agencies.
Technical Director2013 - 2015Inovāt
Technologies: Symfony 2, Laravel 4/5, AngularJS
- Engineered a complex content search engine using Elasticsearch with Oracle River to seed indexes.
- Developed a CRM, PIM, and CMF/CMS component system based on Symfony 2.
- Architected a paid membership site for a print magazine using Laravel 4.
- Created a reusable AngularJS framework to rapidly build common UI/UX interfaces from reusable components.
Consultant2007 - 2008Vigor Branding
- Planned, engineered, and developed a Flash slide system for local venue distribution nationally with real-time Flash customization via the web for Zoom Media.
Web Systems Developer2003 - 2004CTI Networks, Inc.
- Worked as part of the system team tasked to create a highly dynamic webmail system with a weighted spam ranking algorithm.
- Developed a XX.net CMF for multi-channel ISP brands to support ordering workflows, direct mailing management, webmail login, and dynamic regionalized pricing based on carrier rates.