Senior DevOps Engineer2019 - PRESENTCalm
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Elasticsearch, Docker, Go, AWS, Helm, Kubernetes
- Established multi-account AWS with assumed roles into each environment (development, QA, stage, product) with limited IAM access per team.
- Implemented a Kubernetes (EKS) cluster per each AWS environment.
- Integrated Kubernetes with external DNS, ALBs, WAF, and more.
- Developed tools in Go to support internal teams and for CI/CD.
- Established CI/CD with Jenkins with stateless Jenkins workers.
Senior DevOps Engineer2017 - 2019Veritone
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Prometheus, Kibana, Jenkins, ECS, AWS S3, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, AWS, Python, Go, Bash, Ansible, Consul, Terraform, Packer
- Migrated a SaaS product (in AWS) to an on-premise version (Docker Swarm and Ansible) on RHEL and Ubuntu.
- Managed AWS ECS deployments with Terraform.
- Dockerized all the services using multistage builds (Jenkins CI/CD catches, builds, and deploys).
- Developed an internal DevOps tools in Go.
- Debugged SaaS build/deployment issues with a customer-facing production environment.
Senior Software/DevOps Engineer2016 - 2017Lantern Credit
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Bash, AWS, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, Docker, Go
- Wrote Go code for application servers.
- Dockerized all of the application servers.
- Managed the Kubernetes deployment in AWS. It was a highly restricted industry: had a Kubernetes cluster each of our dual two-tier architecture (four total) in each environment.
- Wrote Bash code to configure the Kubernetes deployment and push to development, quality assurance (QA), user acceptance testing (UAT), and production across the more than 20 services.
- Built Docker Compose features for developers to test locally which helped DevOps deploy more reliably.
Software/DevOps Engineer2015 - 2016Realogic Analytics
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows PowerShell, Python, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Server, Ubuntu, AWS
- Built a server and application for monitoring the health of each service in Python.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts for extracting from SQL Server instances to ETL into analytics SQL Server instance.
- Created Python scripts for loading into SQL Server instances.
- Provisioned and managed a farm of SQL Server Express instances in AWS for lightweight analytics.
- Worked with rack-and-stack Dell servers and infrastructure for a development environment only; used ESXi Hypervisor.
Software/DevOps Engineer2015 - 2015Lifespeed
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Redis, Keepalived, HAProxy, Ubuntu, Windows Server, Python, VMware ESXi
- Worked with rack-and-stack Dell servers, installed ESXi, and configured FreeNAS, Cisco ASA, and other networks/infrastructures.
- Developed a health monitoring server/app in Python to keep track of the application's health.
- Created golden Ubuntu/Windows ISOs that were used for app deployments.
- Installed and configured HAProxy and Keepalived for highly available load balancers used by development, quality assurance (QA), user acceptance testing (UAT), and production.
- Managed the SQL Server for development, quality assurance (QA), user acceptance testing (UAT), and production teams.