Verified Expert in Engineering
Sean is an expert in database design and development with a focus on in-house application development. He is ready to support executive decision making and production improvement processes for businesses of any size.
Microsoft SQL Server
The most amazing...
...database I've designed was for a high-secure organization requiring serial number production with no duplication.
Blue Cross Blue Shield NC
- Designed and created database models for enterprise-wide projects.
- Created tables and views.
- Performed data analysis.
- Completed R&D for new technology.
McKeil Marine (via Toptal)
- Developed a business oriented database on Microsoft Azure from scratch.
- Created all tables based on business needs.
- Created complex stored procedures to meet business requirements.
- Created complex views.
- Created triggers.
Database Developer and Administrator
- Designed, created, and managed primary objects such as tables, triggers, database links, indexes, and privileges based on a logic design model.
- Developed all the required stored procedures, user-defined functions, and dataset results in reporting services to reduce code complexity and optimize performance.
- Developed applications for manufacturing efficiency improvement.
- Created conceptual, logical, and physical data models for creating the schema using MS Visio and ER/star/snowflake schema for data marts.
- Applied technical skills using SQL, Excel in data collection, data analysis, and reporting to procure data from database structures to report and provide solutions to client requests in a timely manner.
- Contributed to building business dashboards to conduct trend analysis on sales metrics especially relating to driving sales revenue, customer retention, and production.
- Tuned, troubleshot, evaluated, and recommended database hardware and software including support tools to increase performance.
- Provided support to developers for integrating development environment (C#) into databases.
Production Control Portal
1) employees logging their working hours to work orders
2) supervisors logging in to run reports and modify incorrect data entry
3) executive team logging in to run production-related reports for decision making
4) sales team logging in to enter new or potential sales opportunity
5) viewing of production real-time dashboard
It is made with ASP.NET, using C# on the front-end and Microsoft SQL Server on the back-end.
Business Oriented Database
Marine Voyage Tracking System
SQL, T-SQL (Transact-SQL), C#.NET, Snowflake, Python, C#, Java, Python 3
Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS
SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2014, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure SQL Databases, Teradata
Software Development, Entity-relationships Model (ERM), Star Schema, Data & Backup Management
Microsoft Visual Studio, Excel 2016, Microsoft Access, Visio, Tableau
Master's Degree in Information System
University of North Carolina at Greensboro - North Carolina
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Zhengzhou University - China
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Amazon Web Services
Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert: Data Platform
Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert: Business Intelligence
Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert: Data Management and Analytics
Microsoft® Certified Solutions Associate: SQL Server 2012/2014
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring