C# Developer in London, United Kingdom
Technical Manager2007 - 2016Southworks
Technologies: Microsoft Web Stack, Azure, Windows Phone
- Led different projects, across a 2.5-year timespan, developing and maintaining one of Microsoft's core marketing and documentation sites. Focused not only on development activities but also on code review, customer communication, and work organization/prioritization.
- Contributed to the development and maintenance of a documentation publishing workflow based on Azure WebJobs.
- Spent three months on an on-site project at Microsoft Campus in Redmond (USA), working with the engineering team that ingests new partners to the Azure Marketplace. Developed continuous testing infrastructure for validating partners' API implementations.
- Worked on the front-end for a new videos platform for SharePoint Online Services. The front-end included both a SharePoint app and a Windows 8 app and interacted with the SharePoint APIs.
- Led different projects for the Developer and Platform Evangelism (DPE) Division from Microsoft to create content for evangelizing Microsoft's latest development technologies and frameworks, mostly around the Windows Azure Platform and the Microsoft Web Stack. Some of these projects involved writing technical guidance that shows how to implement common scenarios and get to working solutions (e.g., Microsoft Azure Training Kit). Others involved creating reusable content, like APIs and toolkits, to help the developer community adopt new technologies and frameworks (e.g., WebMatrix Helpers or OData API for Visual Studio TFS).
- Worked on-site at Microsoft Campus in Redmond (USA), helping to create and deliver live keynote demos for the //BUILD/ 2012 and 2013 conferences.
- Contributed to the Delivery team (a.k.a. PMO), in charge of resource allocation, project forecasting, and monitoring. Assisted account managers with developing new opportunities. Assisted with recruiting and performance reviews of development teams.
- Led projects for GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), helping in the development of their company-wide identity platform, which was based on claims-based identity and Microsoft ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services).
- Opiniones Nube: TiendaNube Rating Store App (Development)http://opinionesnube.com/
TiendaNube provides a complete eCommerce platform for small retailers (similar to Shopify or Magento). The app, available through the platform app store at a monthly cost, allows you to add a rating and comments widget to your store website. It's developed in Node.js, hosted in Azure Websites, and available both in Spanish and Portuguese.
- Vinti (Development)
Vinti is a peer-to-peer payment app, similar to Venmo, that lets you make and share payments with friends. I've collaborated in the development of a mobile app built with Ionic.
- Azure Storage Essentials (Other amazing things)https://www.packtpub.com/virtualization-and-cloud/microsoft-azure-storage-essentials
Review of a book about Microsoft's cloud storage solution for Packt Publishing.
- Personal Blog (Other amazing things)http://sebastiandurandeu.wordpress.com/
Personal blog in Spanish, including software development and other stuff.
- Southworks Blog (Other amazing things)
The software development posts I've written for Southworks.
FrameworksEntity, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, .NET, Windows PowerShell, Selenium, Bootstrap 3, Ionic, Knockout.js, AngularJS
ToolsTeamCity, Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual Studio Online (VSO), NuGet, Grunt, ADFS
ParadigmsScrum, REST, Continuous Deployment, Agile Software Development, Unit Testing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Asynchronous Programming
PlatformsAzure, Windows Phone, SharePoint
StorageAzure Queues, Azure Blobs, Azure Tables, Azure Websites, Azure Active Directory, MongoDB
OtherIIS, HTTP, Writing, OData
Libraries/APIsNode.js, Moq, GitHub API
- Engineering (with Honors: +8/10 GPA) degree in Software Engineering2004 - 2011University of Buenos Aires - Buenos Aires