Technical Manager2007 - 2016Southworks
Technologies: Microsoft Web, Windows Phone, Azure
- Led different projects, across a 2.5-year timespan, developing and maintaining one of Microsoft's core marketing and documentation sites. Focused not only on development activities but also on code review, customer communication, and work organization/prioritization.
- Contributed to the development and maintenance of a documentation publishing workflow based on Azure WebJobs.
- Spent three months on an on-site project at Microsoft Campus in Redmond (USA), working with the engineering team that ingests new partners to the Azure Marketplace. Developed continuous testing infrastructure for validating partners' API implementations.
- Worked on the front-end for a new videos platform for SharePoint Online Services. The front-end included both a SharePoint app and a Windows 8 app and interacted with the SharePoint APIs.
- Led different projects for the Developer and Platform Evangelism (DPE) Division from Microsoft to create content for evangelizing Microsoft's latest development technologies and frameworks, mostly around the Windows Azure Platform and the Microsoft Web Stack. Some of these projects involved writing technical guidance that shows how to implement common scenarios and get to working solutions (e.g., Microsoft Azure Training Kit). Others involved creating reusable content, like APIs and toolkits, to help the developer community adopt new technologies and frameworks (e.g., WebMatrix Helpers or OData API for Visual Studio TFS).
- Worked on-site at Microsoft Campus in Redmond (USA), helping to create and deliver live keynote demos for the //BUILD/ 2012 and 2013 conferences.
- Contributed to the Delivery team (a.k.a. PMO), in charge of resource allocation, project forecasting, and monitoring. Assisted account managers with developing new opportunities. Assisted with recruiting and performance reviews of development teams.
- Led projects for GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), helping in the development of their company-wide identity platform, which was based on claims-based identity and Microsoft ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services).