Shah Md Adnan Shawkat
Verified Expert in Engineering
Adnan is an enthusiastic developer with over seven years of extensive experience with WordPress, CodeIgniter, and Laravel. He specializes in WordPress theme and plugin development, web apps, front-end development, and utilizing a variety of APIs, including social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter) and payment gateways (PayPal and Braintree).
Sublime Text, Skype, Gmail, Slack, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Jira
The most amazing...
...solution I've integrated was a cryptocurrency payment gateway for WooCommerce and OpenCart.
Development Manager | Lead Developer
- Developed multiple eCommerce websites using WooCommerce and Shopify, which gets thousands of unique visitors and thousands of dollars in daily revenue.
- Tracked bugs and fixed them using Productive and made split tests or A/B tests to configure the best result for each website lander.
- Oversaw the websites, getting updates and managing them to provide full-proof solutions for the users to shop easily without any issues.
- Integrated analytical solutions like GA4, Google Merchant, shopping feeds, Hyros, Pixels, etc.
PHP | Laravel | WordPress Developer
- Integrated the subscription system into the website to sell memberships through the website, resulting in over 20 members signing up immediately.
- Performed the integration of the Klaviyo SMS system into the checkout page.
- Updated the web shop by creating a staging site and pushed it to live, as the company needed a developer to maintain and update the site properly.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a WordPress plugin to integrate cryptocurrency with WooCommerce. Also developed an OpenCart extension to accept crypto in their webshop.
- Tracked and fixed over 50 bugs and issues with their existing WordPress and OpenCart solution.
- Started working on creating a Shopify and Magento 2 extension.
WordPress WooCommerce Developer
- Created a bridge to connect their webshop data to their external API system through Zapier.
- Tracked the work and bugs using Slack and Jira as the reporting tool.
- Oversaw the product launch, resulting in a thousand concurrent users during the launch date.
Senior WordPress Developer
- Managed the WooCommerce-based eCommerce website and the team tasked with its maintenance.
- Used Monday board as a reporting tool. Added dynamic data layer for tracking purposes.
- Led product launches with over 2,000 consecutive users at the time of launch.
Lead WordPress Developer
- Developed an eCommerce platform for a Swedish-based client selling items over eight countries, though it's an ongoing project with live maintenance.
- Developed a website for a renowned company in Sweden with over 350 resellers all over Sweden. They're selling agricultural products to different countries.
- Developed Teamtailor integration plugin for WordPress for a client. They use Teamtailor for recruitment, and they need a standalone plugin that integrates with WordPress via their API system.
- Used Jira for time tracking and Bitbucket for the version control of the codebase.
- Worked on AWS for a client called Handla Hallbart's site migration.
Senior WordPress Developer
- Developed over 15 ThemeForest-based WordPress themes.
- Created various plugins for the WordPress repository and custom builds to support theme functionality.
- Built plugins for users to use free of cost so that they can benefit from their business.
- Worked with WordPress Multisites specifically and learned to manage multi-sites.
- Created customized PHP MVC framework to work for a client's project.
- Worked on PSD to WordPress conversion. Also created many snippets for core WordPress.
Software Engineer Level 1
- Used Facebook API to build a Facebook profile-based plugin for WordPress.
- Worked with Linkedin API to build Linkedin resume plugin for WordPress.
- Created an eCommerce site using Magento 1 and an integrated local payment gateway for Pathak Samabesh.
- Built a Drupal module to showcase Pinterest pins into the website.
- Developed a cloud-based solution using the CodeIgniter framework for an Australian client.
My role was the tech lead motivating the teammates and guiding them on the proper way to develop the content and site.
Warriors of the Divinehttps://warriorsdivine.com/
Slack, Sublime Text, Trello, Git, Bitbucket, WPBakery, PageSpeed, Jira, Subversion (SVN), Cron, Atlassian, Stripe Checkout, Shopify Plus
WordPress, WordPress Theme Design, WooCommerce, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Magento, Drupal, Magento 2, Shopify, OpenCart
MySQLi, WP Engine, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
WordPress Multisite, WordPress Plugins, PSD to WordPress, HTML to WordPress, Elementor, Website Migration, Theme Development, Website Optimization, Leadership, Google Tag Manager, WordPress Rescue, Plugin Development, Cloudflare, Gmail, APIs, Computer Science, Performance, Payment APIs, Payment Processing, PageFly, PSD to Shopify, Shopify Design
WordPress API, Stripe
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
State University of Bangladesh - Dhaka, Bangladesh
Zend Certified Engineer
Zend Technologies, Inc.
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring