Senior Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTNerdwallet Inc
Technologies: Redis, GoLand, Go, PostgreSQL, Python
- Architected and led the development of User Communications Platform that interfaced with Iterable (a 3rd party CRM) to simplify sending emails, push notifications, and web pushes from over 15 vertical products. Sent more than 20 million messages.
- Developed Logger, a platform to collect metrics from vertical products for data warehousing and Amplitude metrics. The platform routinely handles 1,000 requests/sec.
- Developed a framework for writing HTTP SDKs with support for timeouts, retries, usage metrics, and circuit breaking. Wrote 7+ 3rd party and internal HTTP SDKs.
- Designed a platform for rate-limiting APIs for use by all APIs across the company.
- Led the technical proof-of-concept for choosing a 3rd party CRM.
Senior Applications Developer2015 - 2016Sokrati
Technologies: Vue.js, Java, Python
- Created a product from scratch that automatically analyzed customers' Google Shopping Ad Account to recommend improvements.
- Developed a platform with which e-commerce shops can automatically launch Instagram ads for their products. The platform launched about 10M ads for more than 5,000 customers.
- Coded a platform which inspects ad-sets on Facebook Ads and decides (based on performance threshold) whether it should be paused or the bid be adjusted along with other optimizations.
- Created an industry report that reported ongoing trends by crunching eCommerce transaction data across 5K+ customers with more than 500 million transactions.
- Created a framework to simplify writing regression tests for public-facing APIs and running regression tests on Jenkins at periodic intervals.
Founder and CTO2014 - 2015RideApp
Technologies: Android, Swift, Python
- Developed the complete backend of this ride-sharing application. I built this in Python.
- Coded an algorithm that matched drivers and passengers that have significant route overlap.
- Developed the iOS (Swift) and Android application for the ride-sharing application.
- Ran Facebook and Google Ads for user acquisition. We acquired about 40,000 users and facilitated 1,500 rides per day.
Applications Architect2011 - 2014ShopSocially
Technologies: Backbone.js, Redis, MongoDB, Python
- Responsible for all aspects of the development of the platform including requirements analysis, development, release, and maintenance.
- Developed a subscription billing platform with Stripe that supported fixed monthly subscriptions with usage-based add-ons.
- Created an A/B testing framework that let customers create campaigns with different styles and measured performance of one variant against the other.
- Being the founding engineer, I built the platform from scratch and scaled to $100 million ARR and hired a team of 10 developers.
- Built an email acquisition product for eCommerce companies that improved their emails acquisition conversion rates by 7%.
Software Engineer2010 - 2011Drishti Soft
Technologies: Python, Java
- Developed a platform that inspected customers' site deployments for auto-provisioning servers and do remote version upgrades.
- Created a softphone and integrated it with the main product.
- Integrated Nuance, a speech recognition system to our IVR creation system.