Sivaram Subramaniyan Kannan
Verified Expert in Engineering
Sivaram has over 16 years of experience with software development over multiple domains and six years of cloud-native development with both public and private clouds. He has hands-on knowledge of building private cloud infrastructure using Kubernetes and other cloud technologies. He has helped migrate multiple clients from a monolithic architecture into microservices. His daily technologies are Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Go, Bash, and GitOps tools.
Go, Kubernetes, Cloud, Distributed Systems, Linux, GitOps, CI/CD Pipelines, Bash Script
The most amazing...
...project I have worked on is building a private cloud platform that had about 30 petabytes of data in one year after the customer commercialized the platform.
Senior Cloud Engineer
- Automated Hyperledger Fabric deployment in Kubernetes, using Ansible.
- Designed and implemented Hyperledger Fabric HA and DR strategy.
- Integrated a CI/CD pipeline with GitHub Actions and Flux CD (GitOps) for the Intain software stack.
- Helped multiple customers to migrate into microservices from traditional monolithic architecture.
- Completed Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certification while working with D2iQ.
- Contributed to open-source development projects Mesos (C++) and Kubernetes Universal Declarative Operator (KUDO).
Principal Member of Technical Staff
- Patented an automated deployment process private cloud platform for more than 1,000 Node.js clusters, using Mesos, Ansible, Python, and Bash.
- Managed 600 Node.js private cloud platforms, using Mesos, Elasticsearch, Kafka, and Spark.
- Designed and deployed HA and DR strategies for local persistent volume data.
Senior Technical Architect
- Created a VMWare replication and backup POC, which became the top seller for the company.
- Integrated disk backup and recovery solutions to the existing file-based server backup.
- Improved the network file backup performance over 20 times by implementing async-based input and output in C++.
Senior Technical Manager
- Utilized Teneros' Application Continuance Appliance, a HA appliance for Microsoft Exchange 2003, Exchange 2007, and Exchange 2010.
- Implemented VSS Hardware Provider interface for VSS and the SCSI Pass Through Interface to communicate snapshot commands to the iSCSI target.
- Provided solutions, using Microsoft Exchange HA and DR, RAID firmware, vSphere Storage Appliance, and VSS Hardware providers.
Blockchain Automation Frameworkhttps://github.com/sivaramsk/blockchain-automation-framework
Kudo Operator Frameworkhttps://github.com/sivaramsk/kudo
Marathon Load Balancerhttps://github.com/sivaramsk/marathon-lb
Bash Script, Go, C++, C, Python, Java
Terraform, Ansible, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Mesos, Vault
Kubernetes, Linux, Hyperledger, Apache Kafka, DigitalOcean, Azure, Blockchain, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
GitOps, CI/CD Pipelines, Prometheus, HAProxy
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Anna University - Chennai, India
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Bharathidasan University - Thiruchirapalli, India
Certified Kubernetes Administrator