CTO2015 - PRESENTSimpa
Technologies: Healthcare, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microservices, React, Python, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Microsoft Azure Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Invented and built a revolutionary personalized health application that combines medical records, nutrition, activity, and arbitrary data for users.
- Developed complex new healthcare predictive models for personalized health, including recipe and activity recommendations and blood work analysis. This model facilitates a world-class understanding of public nutrition data.
- Built a complete front-end in React using a modern approach of only functional components leveraging React hooks and including high-throughput websockets and back-end API integration.
- Deployed and managed dozens of different microservices; worked with a scalable API, websockets, DNS, and more.
- Wrote every line of the core Python microservices framework using ZeroMQ for RPC communication, discovery services, load balancing, logging, monitoring, tracing, and continuous CDI testing/deployment to AWS infrastructure.
- Worked with microservices and deployments on cloud-based infrastructure in automated ways.
- Developed web scraping technology for personal health records as well as scraping recipe information from online resources.
- Built a PDF reader model from scratch to extract information from PDFs (no third-party tools at all) starting with binary PDF input.
- Developed other core technologies around natural language processing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and multiple other concepts integrating complex data in sophisticated ways.
- Created a chatbot from scratch with no third-party tools featuring interactive conversation, conversation tracking over time, and simultaneously/interchangeable interactivity via SMS as well as web app chatbot (through websockets).
Senior Analytics Lead2019 - 2020Ensemble Health Partners
Technologies: Healthcare, Azure, SQL, Python, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Microsoft Azure Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Developed novel algorithms and computational infrastructure for predictive models applied to large hospital outsourcing company resulting in $0.1 - $1.5 million in revenue lift per month per hospital (applied to dozens of hospitals).
- Developed a novel algorithm to predict erroneous hospital inpatient visit records related to ICD-10 and diagnostic related group coding to ensure maximal profitability. The algorithm was deployed and is functional in dozens of hospital groups.
- Developed novel algorithms applied to detect missing charges in outpatient hospital visits. Invented new algorithms related to association rules and k-nearest-neighbor to increase performance.
- Established the computational infrastructure to rapidly build and deploy predictive models to dozens of health care clients. The infrastructure is now used by dozens of engineers to rapidly deploy models to all clients.
- Developed an inpatient DRG encoder (from scratch) to augment predictive models. Required understanding the most inner workings of inpatient hospital billing.
- Wrote patents and led several developers in the advancement of existing infrastructure on Azure.
Analytics Contractor2019 - 2019Department of Defense Subcontractor
Technologies: GPU Computing, AWS, Python 3, Python, TensorFlow
- Built and trained a lipreading deep neural network with TensorFlow to predict numbers, letters, and words that were spoken by readers.
- Located and cleaned multiple training datasets for lipreading.
- Configured and set up a GPU training pipeline on an AWS EC2 infrastructure.
- Modified deep neural network construction and data pipelines to optimize for the real-world problem versus the academic problem initially posed by the client.
- Achieved the client's desired 85% requirement for accuracy.
Head of Analytics and Solution Architect2013 - 2015Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences
Technologies: Natural Language Processing (NLP), Microsoft Azure Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), SQL, Microservices, Python
- Invented and developed new nutrition analytics underlying a Nestlé/Samsung partnership. Built a nutrition recommendation engine leveraged largely inside Nestlé.
- Developed and designed the core analytic infrastructure for a large-scale research institute, leading a team to implement it.
- Developed bioinformatic models to integrate (genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, clinical data) for multi-million dollar clinical studies.
- Led a team of six in analytics and infrastructure to build out data pipelines and analytic infrastructure, combining six data output from different research labs.
CTO | CEO2011 - 2013Simigence
Technologies: Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Microsoft Azure Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), React, Python
- Contributed to the build of neuroanatomically-based systems (brains in computers) along with the relevant infrastructure.
- Created the first issued patent on simulated intelligence and neuroanatomically based systems.
- Built full-scale brain simulations that were precursors to many of the neural net architectures used today.
- Won support for early stage IARPA investment in DC.
Senior Analytics Manager2009 - 2013Opera Solutions
- Designed custom models (linear and non-linear) for multiple Fortune 1000 companies; this involved rewards recommendations, medical hospital visit revenue predictions, vehicle auction models, and more.
- Invented a new type of generalized predictive adaptive non-linear model combining a Kalman filter with K-NN, and built and deployed the model to production. It requires near-zero maintenance with continuous best-in-class predictions.
- Worked as a solution architect to both understand and formulate problems as well as develop rapid prototypes on the initial data.