Senior Developer2017 - PRESENTMail Online UK
- Worked as part of the front-end team building web applications for internal business needs and adding new features for the public facing website.
- Worked with remote team members.
- Developed a Facebook Messenger Bot using Node.js.
- Created a development workflow including peer reviews via pull requests on GitHub.
- Configured new projects using WebPack to prepare production-ready code.
Founder and Lead Interface Developer2016 - PRESENTProcurementPal
- Started the company with two other founders. I have sole responsibility for the development of the UI.
- Configured build process using Gulp, Babel, UglifyJS, Sass, and Autoprefixer.
- Involved in recruiting business development manager.
- Liaised with remote design to develop designs for the site that helped establish the brand guidelines and met with approval of all stakeholders.
Senior Interface Developer2013 - 2017DigitasLBi
- Developed sites for Avis, Nissan, and Renault in addition to work on internal web applications. Work included single page applications built with Backbone.js and Marionette.js.
- Wrote code using the test-driven development process with tests written in Jasmine.
- Contributed to car configurator for Infiniti/Nissan/Renault sites using Three.js.
- Managed projects using agile methodologies with three-week sprints, daily stand-ups, and sprint retrospectives.
- Mentored junior developers.
- Performed extensive reviews of other developers code during pull requests.
- Developed projects with geographically dispersed teams and required collaboration across timezones utilizing online communication tools.
Front-end Developer2013 - 2013Which?
- Migrated 3rd party scripts to internal codebase.
- Tracked user interactions and sent these interactions to Google Analytics.
- Wrote unit tests based on the client required for all functionality to have unit tests. These tests were written with 100% code coverage and implemented with the Jasmine testing framework.
- Developed the solution using an object-oriented style, utilizing AMD and RequireJS.
- Managed dependencies using Bower package management system.
Front-end Developer2013 - 2013Condé Nast Digital Britain
- Developed an enquiry form for a luxury and boutique hotel site.
- Built the form using KnockoutJS.
Lead Developer2012 - 2013Condé Nast Digital Britain
- Provided maintenance and updates to the company's websites, including the lead role in front-end development of Vogue rebuild. Implemented new responsive header on Wired. Implementation of gallery on GQ articles. See http://condenast.co.uk/ for a full list of sites.
- Introduced SASS and Compass to the development workflow.
- Mentored junior team members.
- Assessed and advised on development viability of designs and concepts.
- Developed sites with Umbraco content management system.
.Net Developer2007 - 2011Condé Nast Digital Britain
- Maintained and updated the company's websites. See http://condenast.co.uk/ for a full list.
- Developed sites using TeamSite and Umbraco content management systems.
- Implemented the UI from designs produced in Photoshop.
- Developed scripts to enable migration of content from TeamSite to Umbraco content management systems.
- Developed responsive image component to ensure highest quality image source would be used for the available dimensions and pixel density.
.NET Developer2006 - 2007EMI Music
Technologies: SQL Server 2000, ASP.NET
- Provided sole responsibility for maintenance and enhancements to the codebase for one of EMI's Intranet applications.
- Prepared the application for deployment to multiple territories, this included adding individual user logins, user roles, authorization, and authentication.
- Worked with internal stakeholders to ensure implementation matched requirements.
Developer2005 - 2006The Condé Nast Publications
- Maintained and updated the company's websites. See http://condenast.co.uk/ for a list.
- Developed standalone commercial sites and advertorials on the company's websites.
- Gained experience using TeamSite Content Management System.
Software Developer2004 - 2005Digital Stream
- Provided full-stack development encompassing the entire software development lifecycle for multiple Digital Stream clients.
- Contributed to maintenance work on and a full re-write of Digital Stream's bespoke content management system.
- Designed and implemented database schemas using SQL Server 2000.
- Visited clients on-site to facilitate capture of project requirements.
- Completed some DevOps work including server configuration and security investigations.