Verified Expert in Engineering
PSD to HTML Developer
Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on to date was a single page application used to moderate tens of thousands of comments per day on one of the most popular news websites.
Mail Online UK
- Worked as part of the front-end team building web applications for internal business needs and adding new features for the public facing website.
- Worked with remote team members.
- Developed a Facebook Messenger Bot using Node.js.
- Created a development workflow including peer reviews via pull requests on GitHub.
- Configured new projects using WebPack to prepare production-ready code.
Founder and Lead Interface Developer
- Started the company with two other founders. I have sole responsibility for the development of the UI.
- Configured build process using Gulp, Babel, UglifyJS, Sass, and Autoprefixer.
- Involved in recruiting business development manager.
- Liaised with remote design to develop designs for the site that helped establish the brand guidelines and met with approval of all stakeholders.
Senior Interface Developer
- Developed sites for Avis, Nissan, and Renault in addition to work on internal web applications. Work included single page applications built with Backbone.js and Marionette.js.
- Wrote code using the test-driven development process with tests written in Jasmine.
- Contributed to car configurator for Infiniti/Nissan/Renault sites using Three.js.
- Managed projects using agile methodologies with three-week sprints, daily stand-ups, and sprint retrospectives.
- Mentored junior developers.
- Performed extensive reviews of other developers code during pull requests.
- Developed projects with geographically dispersed teams and required collaboration across timezones utilizing online communication tools.
- Migrated 3rd party scripts to internal codebase.
- Tracked user interactions and sent these interactions to Google Analytics.
- Wrote unit tests based on the client required for all functionality to have unit tests. These tests were written with 100% code coverage and implemented with the Jasmine testing framework.
- Developed the solution using an object-oriented style, utilizing AMD and RequireJS.
- Managed dependencies using Bower package management system.
Condé Nast Digital Britain
- Developed an enquiry form for a luxury and boutique hotel site.
- Built the form using KnockoutJS.
Condé Nast Digital Britain
- Provided maintenance and updates to the company's websites, including the lead role in front-end development of Vogue rebuild. Implemented new responsive header on Wired. Implementation of gallery on GQ articles. See http://condenast.co.uk/ for a full list of sites.
- Introduced SASS and Compass to the development workflow.
- Mentored junior team members.
- Assessed and advised on development viability of designs and concepts.
- Developed sites with Umbraco content management system.
Condé Nast Digital Britain
- Maintained and updated the company's websites. See http://condenast.co.uk/ for a full list.
- Developed sites using TeamSite and Umbraco content management systems.
- Implemented the UI from designs produced in Photoshop.
- Developed scripts to enable migration of content from TeamSite to Umbraco content management systems.
- Developed responsive image component to ensure highest quality image source would be used for the available dimensions and pixel density.
- Provided sole responsibility for maintenance and enhancements to the codebase for one of EMI's Intranet applications.
- Prepared the application for deployment to multiple territories, this included adding individual user logins, user roles, authorization, and authentication.
- Worked with internal stakeholders to ensure implementation matched requirements.
The Condé Nast Publications
- Maintained and updated the company's websites. See http://condenast.co.uk/ for a list.
- Developed standalone commercial sites and advertorials on the company's websites.
- Gained experience using TeamSite Content Management System.
- Provided full-stack development encompassing the entire software development lifecycle for multiple Digital Stream clients.
- Contributed to maintenance work on and a full re-write of Digital Stream's bespoke content management system.
- Designed and implemented database schemas using SQL Server 2000.
- Visited clients on-site to facilitate capture of project requirements.
- Completed some DevOps work including server configuration and security investigations.
Premium Bonds Winnershttps://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-1637084/Premium-Bonds-winning-numbers.html
There is a small backend service written using Node.js and Express. This service determines what months the data is available for and generates the initial markup for the application.
Vanilla JS, Redux, Angular, ASP, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Jasmine, AngularJS, Knockout (Knockout.js)
Underscore.js, Backbone.js, Marionette.js, jQuery, Preact, React, SignalR, Redux-Saga, Node.js
Front-end, PSD to HTML, Fetch API
PostCSS, Chrome Developer Tools, Git, Google Analytics, Gulp, Babel, Webpack
JSON, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008
MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
Waikato Institute of Technology - Hamilton, New Zealand