Verified Expert in Engineering
Cloud Architect and Developer
Subramonian is an expert hands-on Azure cloud architect and software engineer with 25 years of overall technology experience. He has spent 15+ years as a practicing architect and 6 years leading cloud migration in Azure in advisory, migration, build, and deployment roles. Subramonian has architected, designed, and developed medium to large-scale distributed enterprise solutions of medium to complex scenarios, providing architectural competencies in strategic and tactical initiatives.
The most amazing...
...web application I've developed continues to help 8,000+ recruiters in 2,000+ offices search and match millions of candidate resumes with a job description.
Lead Azure Architect
- Conducted application migration analysis, provided architecture and solutions expertise, developed the roadmap, pattern, and end-to-end architecture, and offered hands-on development and deployment.
- Performed extensive assessment and application discovery using various Azure Migrate and IBM tools in-house for apps, servers, and databases, including identifying non-functional requirements, security, data sensitivity, and such.
- Provided strategy guidance on batch workload migration and integration, firm-wide data replication, and API standards development.
- Created detailed architecture diagrams and key design decision documentation. Worked with enterprise and security architects in the solution design and approvals and facilitated initial program or platform setup and governance.
- Operated as an agile team coach by developing a streamlined process for product backlogs and user stories, adopting practices such as use case modeling, user stories with Gherkin syntax, and sequence diagrams.
- Facilitated streamlined API development using Swagger and integrated SonarQube and Veracode into build pipelines. Created build and release pipelines, a deployment strategy, and control and governance.
- Developed data replication solutions for legacy applications.
- Engaged as lead architect for a large cloud migration refactoring program comprising over 50 applications for a Big 5 consulting organization.
Lead Azure Architect
Tata Consultancy Services
- Engaged in more than a dozen Azure cloud migration efforts on advisory capacity—covering discovery, assessment, sizing, and road mapping—and build roles involving small (less than 10), medium (less than 60), and large (over 200) programs.
- Conducted extensive assessment and application discovery for migrations and created detailed architecture diagrams and key design decision documentation.
- Migrated many on-premises applications to Azure for different customers, from a simple lift-and-shift to complex re-engineering, refactorization, and modernization.
- Worked as lead architect for migration scenarios covering rehosting, refactoring, re-platforming, and re-architecting many workloads. Leveraged cloud-native architectures, patterns, and solutions for migration, including serverless and Kubernetes.
- Created the roadmap, advised on architecture, technology, and tool selection, and provided trade-off analysis and pattern guidance for transforming many large-scale web applications to Azure for different customers.
- Offered strategy guidance on data integration, data market platform and architecture, and API development. Helped customers evaluate the disaster recovery and high availability and scalability requirements to be included in the solution design.
- Built a proof of concept for showcasing the architecture and implementation guidance. Articulated deployment options, with pros and cons and price estimates, and obtained customer buy-in by selecting services and solutions with required approvals.
- Developed architecture for complex scenarios using cloud-native patterns and solutions. Used PaaS tools like Azure Web Apps and Web App for Containers, Azure Container Instances, AKS, and serverless services like Azure Functions for migration.
- Architected greenfield, event-driven applications using a domain-driven design based on a microservice architecture by conducting event storming, design thinking, and strategic and tactical analysis.
- Assessed deployment scenarios and provided recommendations for an Azure network and security service. Evaluated encryption requirements of sensitive data and implemented solutions.
A Global Staffing Company in the US
- Offered technology leadership in developing and supporting seven branded portals with a combined traffic of 2+ million hits. Provided 24/7 production support with more than 99% uptime.
- Managed multiple offshore vendors with over 20 personnel and a 15-member onsite team of business analysts, developers, testers, and server admins.
- Secured a $1 million savings in alternate expenditure after rolling out a single-page application to 2,500+ offices in North America. Provided this application's architecture and led a cross-functional team to deliver the app with cloud services.
- Led the rebranding of the company's US public portal on SharePoint with a responsive UI design. Increased the website's access to multiple devices, improving the number of hits, the percentage of candidate enrollment, and other key metrics.
- Executed numerous application performance improvements and reduced technical debt during my tenure.
The Royal Bank of Scotland
- Developed an information security master database consolidating numerous IT security applications with a scalable and replicable architecture and implementing SOA integration. Provided a single view of the application security landscape.
- Reduced the number of security audits and improved the applications' SOX compliance by designing and developing an enterprise-wide entitlement review system and integrating and automating various review, approval, and administrative processes.
- Decommissioned numerous disparate jobs and data and file transfer integrations by migrating applications and users to the new information security platform running batch jobs on AutoSys.
.NET Application Architect
- Built the architecture and detailed design for an independent amount portal for counterparties. Provided the front office with a single UI for collateral management across apps, handled audit compliance, and avoided potential regulatory risks.
- Developed the architecture and detailed design for a credit risk trade review system.
- Created many batch jobs for the ETL of data requirements from the company-wide front- and back-office systems and external feeds and scheduled them on AutoSys.
.NET Application Architect
- Architected and designed for legal and compliance, including regulatory inquiry and regulatory exam applications.
- Improved insider trading compliance by re-engineering the Tokyo trade surveillance system.
- Attained high dollar savings through regulatory compliance by re-engineering the Bluesheets application.
- Led the architecture and design of an e-claim application.
- Drove the architecture, design, and development of a dealer performance application.
- Developed and supported a strategic marketing eCommerce web application.
A Real Estate Deal Management System
I used a domain-driven design based on microservices architecture by performing event storming, design thinking, and strategic and tactical analysis. I also used cloud-native services, including AKS and serverless, and PaaS services, such as SQL databases, Event Hubs, Event Grids, and App Services. Additionally, I enabled the entire solution development, including Azure DevOps and CI/CD.
Multiple Cloud Migration and Build Projects
I migrated many legacy applications, including from IBM AS/400 to Azure, employing lift-and-shift or application re-engineering and modernization. I also created roadmaps for migrating large web and desktop applications to Azure for multiple customers. I led teams in conducting detailed discovery and assessment, guiding them in architecture, technology, and tool selection, and advising on patterns. Additionally, I created strategy and migration guidance for large-scale Azure migrations for developing reference architectures, data migration and replication, and DevOps and monitoring.
A Candidate Search and Match Application
.NET, OAuth 2, .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, AngularJS
OpenAPI, Node.js, Web API, Azure API Management
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Git, RabbitMQ, Autosys, Control-M, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Key Vault, MongoDB Atlas
Application Architecture, Microservices, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Event-driven Architecture, Web Application Architecture, Microservices Architecture, Azure DevOps, REST
Azure, Azure PaaS, Azure Event Hubs, Apache Kafka, Oracle, Azure Functions
Azure SQL, Azure Blobs, Azure Queue Storage, MongoDB, Sybase, Azure Cosmos DB, Redis Cache
Solution Architecture, Architecture, API Integration, APIs, SOLID Principles, Technical Leadership, CI/CD Pipelines, Containers, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Inventory Management, Enterprise Architecture, Full-stack, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Cloud Architecture, Cloud Migration, Domain-driven Design (DDD)
Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert
TOGAF Enterprise Architecture
The Open Group
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring