Software consultant2013 - 2014Optmyzr Inc
Technologies: PHP, C#, jQuery, Backbone.js
- Built the geo performance report, which involved working with the Google Gaps API in depth.
- Gained a lot of experience with Google AdWords API and with manipulating data in real time.
- Performed Data visualization and optimizations around Google AdWords use cases.
Co-founder, Chief Developer2012 - 2013Markupwand
Technologies: Rails, Backbone.js, CoffeeScript, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, MongoDB, Heroku, Resque, Extendscript, HTML5 Canvas
- Responsible for Product prototyping, building MVP and evaluating product cycles.
- Worked on automatically converting Photoshop designs to HTML.
- Performed scaling using Resque, Redis and MongoDB.
- Hacked into complicated Photoshop File format to extract components like layers, layer comps and other data.
- Built a HTML5 Canvas app that makes Photoshop files interactively accessible from the browser.
Full stack developer2011 - 2012InterviewStreet
Technologies: PHP, Python, jQuery, MySQL, C++, ZeroMQ, Amazon Web Services
- Worked as Full stack developer and early employee at YC startup.
- Codechecker - an online programming judge that runs code in a secure environment.
- Worked with ZeroMQ queueing systems for high-availability queue processing.
- Performed Scaling Web servers, using MySQL on AWS.
- Worked closely with customers and co-developed the product.
Senior System Engineering2009 - 2011Yahoo! Inc
Technologies: Python, PHP, Devops, Bash, Hadoop
- Commissioned and maintained Yahoo! production clusters for internal platforms.
- Built deployment systems, package management and scaling services.
- Performed performance analysis, load testing.
- Worked with cross-functional teams including developers and QA, to release product to production.
- Performed HDFS performance evaluation in Yahoo! cluster nodes.
- IndiaInmybag (Development)
I worked as a Technology consultant for this eCommerce shop, on a 2 month contract to setup shop, processes for their orders, invoicing and delivery systems and processing payments.
- Markupwand (Development)https://github.com/surenm/css.markupwand.com
I co-founded this startup, building a product to automatically convert Photoshop designs to HTML. We built an HTML5 Canvas app that makes Photoshop files interactively accessible from the browser, and I hacked the Photoshop File format to extract components like layers, layer comps and other data.
- InterviewStreet (Development)https://www.interviewstreet.com/recruit2/
I was an early employee and first developer hire at this YC startup. I was the primary person responsible for scaling their web services to handle growing customer base, a full-stack web developer who worked closely with customers co developing features that were required
- Psd.rb (Development)https://github.com/layervault/psd.rb/pull/41
Open source contribution to psd.rb
- Disk benchmarks (Development)https://github.com/surenm/disk_io_benchmark
I built this to benchmark production systems for IO quality at Yahoo!
I worked on a low-level disk benchmark suite to analyze performance of all disks on a machine and analyze IO throughput for given system.
- Codebin (Development)http://github.com/surenm/codebin
A Ruby on rails docker integration that sandboxes and runs user submitted code in a secure environment
- Simple WebRTC chat (Development)http://github.com/surenm/chat
A Node js web application to handle WebRTC real time peer to peer video chat
FrameworksBootstrap, Hadoop, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
Libraries/APIsBackbone.js, Google Maps, Facebook API, jQuery, Node.js, Google AdWords
ToolsGit, Sublime Text 2, Vim Text Editor
PlatformsHeroku, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ubuntu, LAMP
ParadigmsDevOps, Agile Software Development, Distributed Programming
StoragePostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, MySQL
- Training programme degree in Computer Science2014 - 2014Hackerschool - Newyork
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering2005 - 2009National Institute of Technology Trichy - Trichy