Tech Lead2021 - PRESENTStripe
Technologies: Ruby, Java, Python, Jupyter Notebook, Architecture, Microservices
- Integrated onboarding of merchants to various financial partners and handled compliance, risk analysis, and self-serve.
- Worked on a payment method integration for a regional payment method.
- Worked on evaluating an ML model to analyze its performance for regional effectiveness.
Project Lead2020 - 2021Curefit
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Java, Kubernetes, CI/CD Pipelines, Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Architecture, System Design
- Worked as a technology lead and engineering manager for a team of 10-15 folks.
- Managed the eCommerce and marketplace business verticals. Worked on spree commerce (Ruby on Rails) as part of this.
- Cut the overall cost of engineering operations by 50%.
Senior Staff Engineer2016 - 2020Qubole
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Kubernetes, DevOps, Big Data, Ruby, Python, CI/CD Pipelines, Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Data Science, Architecture, Microservices, System Design
- Architected and implemented the overhaul of core middleware to handle 10x throughput at 1/5th cost. This was on ruby on rails stack.
- Architected and led the native k8s deployments in all three clouds - AWS, GCP, and Azure which lead to 30% new customers. Also architected the revertible and controllable software release models which improved stability of the platform by over 100%.
- Built the internal dev and test stacks that improved the developer productivity/efficiency by 10x.
Senior Software Developer2015 - 2016Avaaz
Technologies: Python, AWS, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Redshift, Git
- Designed and developed a data warehousing solution to collect campaign stats monitoring, aggregation, and analytics reporting.
- Worked on Python and Redshift-based in-house built system.
- Implemented a Snowplow-based data platform software which was used for both batch and real-time data pipelines for the warehousing solution.
Software Consultant2013 - 2014Optmyzr Inc
Technologies: Backbone.js, jQuery, C#, PHP, Git
- Built the geo performance report, which involved working with the Google Gaps API in depth.
- Gained a lot of experience with Google AdWords API and with manipulating data in real time.
- Performed Data visualization and optimizations around Google AdWords use cases.
Co-founder | Chief Developer2012 - 2013Markupwand
Technologies: HTML5 Canvas, Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit, Resque, Heroku, MongoDB, Node.js, CoffeeScript, Backbone.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Was responsible for product prototyping, building MVP, and evaluating product cycles.
- Worked on automatically converting Photoshop designs to HTML.
- Performed scaling using Resque, Redis, and MongoDB.
- Hacked into complicated Photoshop File format to extract components like layers, layer comps, and other data.
- Built an HTML5 Canvas app that makes Photoshop files interactively accessible from the browser.
Full-stack Developer2011 - 2012InterviewStreet
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, ZeroMQ, C++, MySQL, jQuery, Python, PHP
- Worked as a full-stack developer and early employee at YC startup.
- Worked on Codechecker - an online programming judge that runs code in a secure environment.
- Worked with ZeroMQ queueing systems for high-availability queue processing.
- Performed Scaling Web servers, using MySQL on AWS.
- Worked closely with customers and co-developed the product.
Senior System Engineering2009 - 2011Yahoo! Inc
Technologies: Hadoop, Bash, DevOps, PHP, Python
- Commissioned and maintained Yahoo! production clusters for internal platforms.
- Built deployment systems, package management and scaling services.
- Performed performance analysis, load testing.
- Worked with cross-functional teams including developers and QA, to release product to production.
- Performed HDFS performance evaluation in Yahoo! cluster nodes.