Technical Lead2018 - PRESENTShortcut
Technologies: Python, Node.js, React, TypeScript, Swift, Kotlin, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), gRPC, Go, Technical Leadership, Technical Hiring, Leadership, Team Leadership, Team Management, Interviews, Interviewing, Mobile, Mobile APIs, Mobile Apps, Cloud, Google, AWS, Heroku, Code Review, Open Source, Source Code Review, Presentations, Tech Sales, CTO
- Helped architect and develop an identity provider (IDP) for a multinational supermarket chain. We reduced the running cost, eliminated all legacy issues, and improved latency, crash reporting, and metrics. Used by 2 million people regularly.
- Led the development of the app (Android and iOS) and back end for Scandinavia's largest haircut provider. Consolidating multiple services onto a single platform with a fluid API and scale. This helped the company expand across Europe with ease.
- Responsible for the technical output of teams working on Norway’s most popular apps.
Engineering Lead2017 - 2018Lloyds Banking Group
- Led a team of 10+ people responsible for the platinum journeys around payments and statements on the #1 UK Android banking app three years in a row.
- Governed the adaption of a recent mobile acquisition onto our tech stack.
- Engaged in technical debt burning, architecture, refactoring, and performance tuning of millions of mobile apps.
- Performed code reviews across the whole mobile floor.
Senior Software Consultant2016 - 2017BJSS
- Acted as a technical architect for a major health care client to investigate how their web product can be transferred onto mobile platforms. Following my report, the client implemented the proposed solution.
- Worked as the Android lead for the UK's largest postal service—leading the development of an app providing insight into employee operations, environment, and patterns that improved delivery predictions.
- Reviewed an Android app of the largest UK-owned airport operator—resolving many memory/performance issues and bugs.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2016Full Tilt Poker
- Handled the full development lifecycle of the Android app with over a million downloads across multiple distribution systems.
- Won IGA Gaming App Award for the Best Poker App of 2014.
- Made parts of the app 2-20x faster.
- Introduced fragments with a notable increase in tablet use afterward.
Software Engineer2013 - 2013Simplifydigital
Technologies: C#, Android
- Created as part of a team the first-ever energy switching app.
- Helped to decide the tech stack, design, coding guidelines, and CI/CD.
- Was involved in the API and database design and creation.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013Comtrade Group
- Converted a hybrid app to a native Android app resulting in a noticeably improved performance, robustness, and look and feel.
- Efficiently collaborated with teams across various geographic locations.
Software Engineer2011 - 2012THT NG
Technologies: PHP, MooTools, Kohana, jQuery, Swing, Java, Django, Python
- Implemented APIs and server-side features for various websites and portals.
- Created a Facebook clone for an Italian poker community.
- Developed an app displaying sports betting information across TV screens.
Intern2010 - 2010Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY)
Technologies: Eclipse RCP, Eclipse, SWT, Java
- Worked as a member of the Cryogenic Control Lab.
- Helped develop a plugin for a particle accelerator control system responsible for monitoring the temperature and cooling procedures.
Intern2009 - 2010Cosylab
Technologies: Python, Swing, Java
- Completed the Java Academy program.
- Worked with experimental physics and industrial control system.
- Helped create a security library for a multinational biotechnology company.
- Worked as a member of a selected group assigned to work for European Spallation Source.