Principal Consultant2020 - PRESENTEnfunc
- Helped a fintech startup deliver an MVP, leading to a successful series A round and winning the award for the non-bank lender of the year.
- Assisted a multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology corporation with software streamlining the delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Deployed numerous smart contracts to the Ethereum blockchain for a well-funded crypto startup with a current market cap of $7M and more than 50,000 transactions.
Chief Technology Officer2019 - 2022Shortcut
Technologies: Team Management, Technical Leadership, Leadership, Tech Sales, Public Speaking
- Oversaw the engineering efforts and delivery, aligning tech strategy with company OKRs, ensuring modern practices, processes and tools were in place. Assisted leaders in other offices (Sweden, Denmark, Romania, Ukraine) adopt a similar MO.
- Managed the technical hiring. Conducted 150+ technical interviews since joining.
- Assisted with acquisitions, technical due diligence, and sales, resulting in an increase in monthly revenue and hourly rates across the engineering team.
Technical Lead2018 - 2019Shortcut
Technologies: Python, Node.js, React, TypeScript, Swift, Kotlin, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), gRPC, Go, Technical Leadership, Technical Hiring, Leadership, Team Leadership, Team Management, Interviews, Interviewing, Mobile, Mobile APIs, Mobile Apps, Cloud, Google, AWS, Heroku, Code Review, Open Source, Source Code Review, Presentations, Tech Sales, CTO
- Helped architect and develop an identity provider (IDP) for a multinational supermarket chain. We reduced the running cost, eliminated all legacy issues, and improved latency, crash reporting, and metrics. Used by 2 million people regularly.
- Led the development of the app (Android and iOS) and back end for Scandinavia's largest haircut provider. Consolidating multiple services onto a single platform with a fluid API and scale. This helped the company expand across Europe with ease.
- Held accountable for the technical output of teams working on Norway's most popular apps.
Engineering Lead2017 - 2018Lloyds Banking Group
- Led a team of 10+ people responsible for the platinum journeys around payments and statements on the #1 UK banking app three years in a row.
- Governed the adaption of a recent mobile acquisition onto our tech stack.
- Engaged in technical debt burning, architecture, refactoring, and performance tuning of an app used by millions.
- Performed code reviews across the whole mobile floor.
Senior Software Consultant2016 - 2017BJSS
- Acted as a technical architect for a major health care client to investigate how their web product can be transferred onto mobile platforms. Following my report, the client implemented the proposed solution.
- Worked as the Android lead for the UK's largest postal service—leading the development of an app providing insight into employee operations, environment, and patterns that improved delivery predictions.
- Reviewed an Android app of the largest UK-owned airport operator—resolving many memory/performance issues and bugs.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2016Full Tilt Poker / PokerStars
- Spearheaded the full development lifecycle of the Full Tilt Poker Android app. Over a million downloads across multiple distribution systems in less than a year.
- Achieved the IGA gaming app award for the Best Poker App of 2014.
- Built parts of the app 2-20x faster. Introduced form-factor independent UI components with a notable increase in tablet use afterward.
Software Engineer2013 - 2013Simplifydigital (now part of Currys)
Technologies: C#, Android, Agile
- Collaborated with the team creating the UK's first-ever energy switching app.
- Helped decide the tech stack, design, coding guidelines, and CI/CD.
- Involved in the API and database design and creation.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013Comtrade Group
- Converted a hybrid app to a native Android app resulting in a noticeably improved performance, robustness, and look and feel.
- Efficiently collaborated with teams across various geographic locations.
Software Engineer2011 - 2012THT NG
Technologies: PHP, MooTools, Kohana, jQuery, Swing, Java, Django, Python
- Implemented APIs and server-side features for various websites and portals.
- Created a Facebook clone for an Italian poker community.
- Developed an app displaying sports betting information across TV screens.
Intern2010 - 2010Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY)
Technologies: Eclipse RCP, Eclipse, SWT, Java
- Worked as a member of the Cryogenic Control Lab.
- Helped develop a plugin for a particle accelerator control system responsible for monitoring the temperature and cooling procedures.