With over a decade in the software industry, Tadej has helped startups launch their first product, assisted FTSE 100 enterprises with digital transformation, been a part of the fintech boom, and helped particle accelerators cool down. He loves creating scalable back ends and is an expert in crafting modern and performant mobile, web, and desktop apps.
Unix, JetBrains, Git
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on went from zero to millions of users in a span of a year and won an internationally acclaimed award for the best app in its genre.
- Helped a fintech startup deliver an MVP, leading to a successful series A round and winning the award for the non-bank lender of the year.
- Assisted a multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology corporation with software streamlining the delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Deployed numerous smart contracts to the Ethereum blockchain for a well-funded crypto startup with a current market cap of $7M and more than 50,000 transactions.
Chief Technology Officer
- Oversaw the engineering efforts and delivery, aligning tech strategy with company OKRs, ensuring modern practices, processes and tools were in place. Assisted leaders in other offices (Sweden, Denmark, Romania, Ukraine) adopt a similar MO.
- Managed the technical hiring. Conducted 150+ technical interviews since joining.
- Assisted with acquisitions, technical due diligence, and sales, resulting in an increase in monthly revenue and hourly rates across the engineering team.
- Helped architect and develop an identity provider (IDP) for a multinational supermarket chain. We reduced the running cost, eliminated all legacy issues, and improved latency, crash reporting, and metrics. Used by 2 million people regularly.
- Led the development of the app (Android and iOS) and back end for Scandinavia's largest haircut provider. Consolidating multiple services onto a single platform with a fluid API and scale. This helped the company expand across Europe with ease.
- Held accountable for the technical output of teams working on Norway's most popular apps.
Lloyds Banking Group
- Led a team of 10+ people responsible for the platinum journeys around payments and statements on the #1 UK banking app three years in a row.
- Governed the adaption of a recent mobile acquisition onto our tech stack.
- Engaged in technical debt burning, architecture, refactoring, and performance tuning of an app used by millions.
- Performed code reviews across the whole mobile floor.
Senior Software Consultant
- Acted as a technical architect for a major health care client to investigate how their web product can be transferred onto mobile platforms. Following my report, the client implemented the proposed solution.
- Worked as the Android lead for the UK's largest postal service—leading the development of an app providing insight into employee operations, environment, and patterns that improved delivery predictions.
- Reviewed an Android app of the largest UK-owned airport operator—resolving many memory/performance issues and bugs.
Senior Software Engineer
Full Tilt Poker / PokerStars
- Spearheaded the full development lifecycle of the Full Tilt Poker Android app. Over a million downloads across multiple distribution systems in less than a year.
- Achieved the IGA gaming app award for the Best Poker App of 2014.
- Built parts of the app 2-20x faster. Introduced form-factor independent UI components with a notable increase in tablet use afterward.
Simplifydigital (now part of Currys)
- Collaborated with the team creating the UK's first-ever energy switching app.
- Helped decide the tech stack, design, coding guidelines, and CI/CD.
- Involved in the API and database design and creation.
- Converted a hybrid app to a native Android app resulting in a noticeably improved performance, robustness, and look and feel.
- Efficiently collaborated with teams across various geographic locations.
- Implemented APIs and server-side features for various websites and portals.
- Created a Facebook clone for an Italian poker community.
- Developed an app displaying sports betting information across TV screens.
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY)
- Worked as a member of the Cryogenic Control Lab.
- Helped develop a plugin for a particle accelerator control system responsible for monitoring the temperature and cooling procedures.
Open Source Projectshttps://tslamic.github.io/projects/
Lloyds Bank Mobile Bankinghttps://www.lloydsbank.com/online-banking/mobile-banking.html
Spring Boot, Spring, OAuth 2, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Flask, Flutter, Express.js, gRPC, Swagger, .NET, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Angular, Bootstrap, Kohana, PhoneGap, Django, Swing, React Native, Storm, Hadoop, Spark
Experian, Yodlee API Interface, REST APIs, Node.js, API Development, Slack API, Stripe, RxJava 2, OpenID, MooTools, SWT, jQuery, React, Eclipse SWT, Stripe API, Facebook API, GitHub API, Twitter API, Google Places API, Google Play API, Web3.js
Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), Git, Make, IntelliJ, GitHub, Auth0, Google Analytics, Gradle, Apache Maven, Fastlane, Terraform, IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, Xcode, Gerrit, JetBrains, Shell, Jenkins, Sonar, Eclipse RCP, Cucumber, Jira, Visual Studio App Center, Amazon Cognito, Plaid
Automation, App Development, RESTful Development, REST, Clean Architecture, Scalable Application, Dependency Injection, Agile, Functional Programming, Microservices, Reactive Programming, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Event-driven Architecture, Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing, Web Architecture, Web Application Architecture, Serverless Architecture, Continuous Deployment, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Cross-platform, Testing, MapReduce, DevOps
AWS Lambda, Mobile, Android, Firebase, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Twilio, iOS, Xamarin, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ethereum, Azure, Kubernetes, Eclipse, Apache Kafka, Unix, Blockchain, Heroku, Web
JSON, PostgreSQL, Memcached, Databases, NoSQL, Redis, Realm, MySQL, Cloud Firestore, Google Cloud, Elasticsearch, PL/SQL, MongoDB
Banking & Finance
Software Development, Blockchain Development, Back-end, APIs, Authentication, Technology, Technical Leadership, SOAP, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Mobile Architecture, Middleware, Software as a Service (SaaS), CTO, Fintech, Mobile Apps, Mobile APIs, Containerization, Containers, Software Architecture, Writing & Editing, Stripe Payments, Planning, Back-end Development, Firebase Cloud Functions, Data Scraping, Payment APIs, SOLID Principles, Open Source, Communication, Leadership, Architecture, Web Scraping, Mentorship & Coaching, Native Mobile Apps, Web Development, Full-stack, Team Management, Distributed Team Management, Technical Hiring, Interviews, Interviewing, Code Review, Source Code Review, Push Notifications, Scripting, SaaS, API Integration, Integration Testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), OAuth, CI/CD Pipelines, System Architecture, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Cloud Services, Consul, Financial Services, WebSockets, FindBugs, Google Cloud Functions, Cloud, Serverless, Protocol Buffers, Algorithms, Data Structures, Analytics, User Experience (UX), Concurrency, Trading, Mathematics, Software, Cordova, Kotlin/Native, Mobile Banking, Machine Learning, Big Data, Offshore Team Management, Online Banking, Team Leadership, Google, Presentations, Tech Sales, Public Speaking, Technical Writing, Fiserv
Completed Credits towards a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
University of Ljubljana - Ljubljana, Slovenia