Verified Expert in Engineering
Theodoros is a software engineer with over five years of experience as a back-end and full-stack developer. He specializes in cloud engineering and machine learning applications with a strong web app development background in the financial industry. Theodoros has studied computer science at the National Technical University of Athens and has obtained a master's degree in machine learning and artificial intelligence from the National Center for Scientific Research "Demokritos."
Windows, PyCharm, IntelliJ
The most amazing...
...app I've developed is a prototype integrated with AWS that extracts data from financial messages and produces statistical metadata and ML insights.
Machine Learning Engineer
- Led an R&D team designing and developing a multitenant cloud application built on the AWS cloud platform. The app parses financial messages, such as SWIFT MT, ISO 20022, and SEPA, and provides AI and ML metadata analysis of the extracted data.
- Created the admin application hosted in the management AWS account that handles tenants' onboarding, retention, monitoring, and billing processes.
- Designed the tenant application, hosted in separate AWS accounts under the same organization, that receives bulk and real-time financial messages and provides ML insights and BI tools for statistics, KPIs, visualizations, and reports.
- Created a data ingestion pipeline through a set of Lambda and CloudWatch events, processing files uploaded to an S3 bucket, extracting raw data fed to ML algorithms, and producing statistics and metadata uploaded to DDB tables.
- Developed ML models using Amazon ML services such as SageMaker for forecast and anomaly detection and external frameworks like GraphSAGE and graph neural network for fraud detection.
- Automated the ML model lifecycle operation, including training, deploying, evaluating, and redeploying, using AWS SageMaker pipeline SDK.
Junior Python Developer | SaaS Company
- Integrated the application with the Google, Zoom, Jamf, and Okta APIs.
- Refactored the code by extracting a set of interfaces and classes, increasing the reusability and reducing the maintenance effort. As a result, the import process of the new API integration into the application was simplified drastically.
- Implemented unit tests per API integration using the Python unittest and asyncio libraries.
Full-stack Software Engineer
- Designed, developed, and provided operational support in large-scale web applications for Cardlink, Greece's largest card acceptance network.
- Built an extensive set of batch processes handling Cardlink's bank and merchant billing processes.
- Performed development tasks in an account aggregator application that provides fintech and payment institutions a unified way to connect with banks, incorporating batch processes and web connection using API calls through the PSD2 protocol.
- Assisted as a team member in developing an EPOS application for Vivacom, the largest telecommunications company in Bulgaria.
- Redesigned and transformed the monolithic Java 6 Vivacom EPOS application into a modern system with a Java 8 microservices back end and a React and Node.js front end.
- Collaborated in every step of the application's lifecycle, including design, development, deployment, continuous integration, and operational support.
Explainable Multivariational Anomaly Detection Modelhttps://github.com/teogoulas/explainable-multivariational-anomaly-detection
Cardlink Apollo Web Applicationhttps://apollo.cardlink.gr/login#en
Cardlink Admin Portalhttps://mrchnt.cardlink.gr/
Spring 5, Spring Boot, Spring Microservice, Spring, Hibernate, Redux, Grails, Django, Angular, Thymeleaf, JUnit, Spring Batch
React, REST APIs, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Node.js, Pandas, jQuery, Jenkins Pipeline, Amazon EC2 API, Python API, Asyncio, SQLAlchemy, AMQP
PyCharm, IntelliJ, GitLab, Git, Amazon SageMaker, Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, Docker Compose, Pytest, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), NGINX, AMQP-Processing, AWS CloudFormation
Microservices Architecture, Microservices, REST, Continuous Integration (CI), Serverless Architecture, ETL, Object-relational Mapping (ORM), Data Science, Unit Testing
Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Amazon DynamoDB, NoSQL
APIs, Back-end, Back-end Development, Web Services, Computer Science, Software Deployment, Web Development, Algorithms, Cloud, API Integration, CI/CD Pipelines, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Amazon RDS, Fintech, Data Processing, Data Engineering, SaaS, Full-stack, FastAPI, Electrical Engineering, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence (AI), LDAP, Serverless, AWS Auto Scaling, Data Warehousing, Protocol Buffers, Microsoft Azure, State Machines, Amazon API Gateway, Integration Testing
Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Linux, AWS Lambda, Nexus, Azure, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Oracle
Master's Degree in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
University of Pireaus - Pireaus, Greece
Master's Degree in Computer Science
National Technical University of Athens - Athens, Greece