Verified Expert in Engineering
Timofey is a full-stack software engineer with almost 20 years of experience. He's great at sustaining, enhancing, and optimizing performance for existing in-house built systems for small businesses. He's also skilled in developing unique products from scratch and has worked on projects with a budget of over $1,000,000. He can work with almost any language but prefers Laravel, Livewire, and MySQL for rapid application development and Elixir, Rust, and LiveView for robust and performant systems.
The most amazing...
...project I've made is a complete CAT product for a large IT company. I also made the ERP add-on, named the best by a leading oil company.
Software Engineer | CTO | Producer
- Upgraded the technologies from 2000 to 2020, making a more robust, fast, and complete online hypermarket with over 350,000 products and over 3,000,000 requests handled daily. Did everything as the sole developer.
- Brought back to life and provided sustaining and new feature development services for a multi-database and multi-server project with over 300GB of databases and over 3TB of files for a large real estate company.
- Created a high-load-ready distributed application as a proof of concept for a DIY startup with infrastructure managed with self-hosted Kubernetes and GitLab instances.
- Sustained and upgraded a ceramic tile online store by integrating the Data Import Wizard, online store, and office integration. Extracted and packed all changes in a single extension and made a relocation to a more reliable server.
- Participated in developing an app store optimization (ASO) system under a non-disclosure agreement.
- Created the initial proof of concept for Entourage, an online store for branded clothes.
- Produced, directed, and edited video production. Successfully managed to create several complex projects with multiple decision makers for large companies.
- Rewrote the code of a C++ desktop application for a startup to make it work as a PHP web application. Created a private cloud, split monolith applications into microservices (some with Python or Elixir), and added several new features.
Head of Software Development and Localization Department | Software Developer
- Created 1C: Translator, the computer-assisted translation and documentation application. It includes features for project planning, task distribution, and remote work. 1C is a company with over 2,000 employees and more than 10,000 partners.
- Built customer-oriented support for international users and partners. We got many testimonials claiming it's the best support in the company.
- Managed and published 1C: Subsystems Library and 1C: small business apps and managed the application demo, among other products.
- Oversaw translation and published training courses, platform documentation, and other documents.
- Rebuilt and made most features of the 1C: DN site for international users and partners. The website contains the online store, CMS, documentation, education, and partner support.
IT Project Manager | Software Developer
- Built a needs assessment and fulfillment process for over 50 users, including accountants, recruiters, managers, executives, three remote offices and warehouses, and 50 supervisors.
- Made different contributions to the IT infrastructure, including office relocation, finding cheaper suppliers of hardware and consumables, preparing workplaces and hardware replacements, and supporting hardware servers.
- Planned and coordinated work for specialists who develop accounting applications powered by 1C: Enterprise. Wrote project requirements and provided support for different company apps, such as 1C: Accounting, 1C: HR, 1C: Trade, and 1C: Auto transport.
- Developed reports and original ERP features, set up NetSuite, provided corporate site support and communicated with English-speaking corporate heads.
- Joined several accounting applications and removed odd applications. This prevented employees from duplicating input in several applications.
- Implemented remote access for remote employees via VPN, thin client, and distributed info bases.
- Integrated 1C applications with counterparty applications, including SAP R/3 of Lukoil company and websites.
Active Web Services, LLC
- Contributed to the development of a web application and accounting automation application for heavy equipment claims. Assisted in the development of document flow forms, controls, and PRD error fixing. I also created English documentation.
- Acted as the team lead, managing my team to deliver projects for different clients of this 50-employee company. Some of our clients were Hustler Turf and Mopar.
- Developed a claim application for the company's client, Hustler Turf.
- Developed an official online store for Mopar parts and accessories.
- Created a training course for new employees who worked on the same kind of applications.
- Trained several new employees with the standard company workflow.
The Research Institute of the Bauman Moscow State Technical University
- Created two working mobile robots and wrote two publications together with the team.
- Modeled, developed software, traced PCB, purchased components, and created documentation for the mobile robot.
- Developed the low-level control system for the mobile robot. The set of applications for testing and logging was developed as well.
Sustaining and Enhancements of Multi-tenancy Learning Portal for Sideline Learning, Inc.https://www.sidelinelearning.com/
• Fixed architectural inconsistencies and made the project simpler to upgrade. Upgraded from Laravel 8 to Laravel 9, and upgraded Node.js libraries until closed all vulnerabilities, and updated architecture documentation.
• Made integration with AWS Route 53 API; sub-tenant creation from inside tenant administrator interface; background tenant initialization; fields, columns, filters, validations, multi-language captions, and other small enhancements.
1C:Translator CAT Systemhttps://1c-dn.com/developer_tools/1c_translator/
General business functions are:
- The translation of texts.
- Translation quality assurance and staff development.
- Estimation of work amount and employee workload balancing.
- Accounting of finished work and time expenditure.
- Data storage and versioning with sharing of access rights.
- Text writing.
- Text publishing.
Vstroyka-solo Online Store
IT Asset Management System
Full-stack Developer for an Adults Entertainment Companyhttps://evilangel.tv
• Sustained in-house built CMS for video production and publishing, including integration with third-party MS SQL-based application and synchronization made with SQL triggers, restored missing information on how this integration works.
• Improved a complicated query for the TV schedule site to run three times faster, fixed the database to search queries five times faster, and updated obsolete URLs for video trailer previews.
• Maintained AWS notifications and informed management and server support team about these notifications. Upgraded AWS ElastiCache for Redis from an obsolete version to a recent version.
• Created several weekly newsletter layouts for the marketing department and improved email layout built with Google Apps Script. Also, created reports and updated banners on sites monthly.
PHP/Vue Full-stack Developer for a Hosting Marketplacehttps://staymenity.com
• Fixed problems preventing starting applications after the production server was restarted. Configured automatic AWS backups. Found, researched, and moved to git undocumented Traefik configuration from the production server and enhanced deployment and system requirements documentation.
• Migrated databases to Amazon RDS.
• Assisted in collecting and replacing missing passwords and made security recommendations.
• Created a staging copy of a project, anonymization script, and Bitbucket CI/CD to streamline the development process.
• Found out how a custom in-house built content management framework works. Fixed bugs and completed tasks, including signing in as a user for admin and improvements for Autohost API integration.
• Fixed bugs and completed tasks for Laravel 8 and Nuxt 2 applications, including moving configuration constants from code to .env files and replacing the outdated library for sign-in with Google to support the new SDK.
Full-stack Laravel/Vue Developer for a Marketplace Platform
• Upgraded front-end application from Vue 2 to Vue 3. Improved build-time three times, upgrading Webpack to esbuild. Replaced obsolete libraries to have 0 vulnerabilities found by npm. Lowered application with libraries size from 1.6GB to 300MB. Made a more readable project structure, increased the amount of reused code and cleaned up code.
• Fixed problems causing unstable system operation and made interface improvements, including using the application on mobile devices.
• Improved full page load time from 6.5 seconds to about 1 second, improved CLS and other PageSpeed scores, and fixed server-side rendering issues to improve SEO.
• Optimized complicated SQL queries to lower the total execution time of scheduled jobs from several minutes to several seconds.
• Added Stripe payment and withdrawals for marketplace utilizing Stripe Connect, added a sign-in with Google, Apple, and Facebook, and added Facebook Conversions API integration.
• Added audio and video streaming chat features and an option to provide another type of service as another product.
Custom DIY Startup MVP
• Created a set of custom algorithms for image processing and creating DIY online products.
• Created an on-premises deployment infrastructure with CI/CD and Kubernetes cluster with custom Docker images and multi-server architecture, including load balancing, spreading replica pods into multiple work nodes, and DDoS protection.
• Optimized performance by rewriting critical code with Rust-based PHP extension.
• Ordered and managed content creation for the website, including drawing images to showcase how the application works and writing explanatory articles.
• Made a website, a blog, and a gallery fast enough to pass Google PageSpeed assessment.
• Multi-language interface and website content (18 languages).
Laravel, Bootstrap, OAuth 2, PHPUnit, PHP MVC, ASP.NET, Yii, Symfony, Phoenix, Django, Django REST Framework, Lumen, Vue SSR, Nuxt.js, Vanilla JS, Tailwind CSS, PhoneGap, Express.js, Next.js, React Native, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Angular, Materialize, Eloquent, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Serverless Framework
MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, MariaDB, Elasticsearch, Memcached, Database Replication, CouchDB, PouchDB, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Performance, JSON, SQLite, Redis, MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), GeoServer, Firebird
Web Scraping, APIs, Online Shops, Back-end, Cloudflare, Payment APIs, 1C:Enterprise, Documentation, Integration, Sustainability, Full-stack, eCommerce, API Integration, Algorithms, Web Applications, Full-stack Development, Ajax, Webhooks, Web Technologies, Charts, Mapping, Robotics, Analytics, Reports, High-load, Internalization, Product Ownership, Translation, Cloud, SaaS, Mobile Apps, Planning, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), SOAP, NetSuite, Cisco, IT Support, Videos, Video Editing, Finance, Vue-router, Laratrust, Active Directory Programming, Laravel Livewire, Maps, Regression Testing, Front-end, IIS, Workflow, Process Flows, Material Design, Real Estate, Video Production, Video Processing, Software, Software Development, Software Deployment, Multitenancy, Query Optimization, Performance, PHP Performance, Servers, Load Balancers, DNS, Dusk, Integration Testing, Headless Browser Testing, Amazon Route 53, Vite, Pinia, Middleware, PayPal, Gimp, Image Manipulation, Image Generation, Video Encoding, Educational Videos, Image Processing, Shotcut, Domain DNS Setup, Elastic Email, SSL, SSL Certificates, SSL Configurations, HTTPS, Open Broadcaster Software (OBS), Mobile Web, WebSockets, Responsive UI, Phoenix LiveView, Leadership, Multiple Listing Services (MLS), Real Estate Development, Residential Real Estate, Technical Documentation, VoIP, Style Guides, Troubleshooting, Root Cause Analysis, Management Systems, TMS, Architecture, Data Visualization, Secure Web Development, Web Security, Data Structures, CI/CD Pipelines, Stripe Payments, Web Video, Video Chat, Software Design, Simulations, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Server-side Rendering (SSR), LiDAR, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Foreign Function Interfaces (FFI), Events, Broadcasting, Semantic UI, Monte Carlo Simulations, Authentication, Marketplaces, Communication, PHP 8, Amazon RDS, Autohost, Symphony, Vue 3, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Performance Optimization, Git GUI, Google Sign-in, SSH, Facebook, Real-time Communication (RTC), Audio Chat, Live Chat, Mobile UI, Responsive Web Apps, Backups, Automated UI Testing, PHP Extensions, Email, Web Content, CTO, Technical Writing, Transportation & Logistics, Verification, OpenStreetMap, Amazon API Gateway, Benchmarking, Game Development, Domain-driven Design (DDD)
Agile, REST, Test Automation, Management, BPMN, Functional Programming, Unit Testing, Functional Testing, DevOps, Testing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Microservices, Back-end Architecture, Interface Design, Business Intelligence (BI), UX Design, UI Design, Microservices Architecture, Test-driven Development (TDD), Role-based Access Control (RBAC), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Scrum, Marketplace Platforms, B2B, Automated Testing, Desktop App Development
Docker, Amazon EC2, Linux, Kubernetes, Windows, OTP, WordPress, Azure, LAMP, LEMP, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Mobile, Drupal, Joomla, Django CMS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Twilio, AWS Lambda, Android, iOS, Firebase, Heroku, Alpine Linux, Spinnaker, Apple, Mapbox
Atom, GitLab CI/CD, Docker Compose, Subversion (SVN), GitLab, Bitrix, Camtasia, TFS, Altium Designer (PCAD), MATLAB, MS Exchange, Git, Visual Studio, NGINX, Apache, Plesk, Parallels Plesk Panel, Jira, Trello, Webpack, Cron, GitHub, SendinBlue, Agora, Open Broadcaster Studio (OBS), RabbitMQ, Stripe Checkout, Mailchimp, Expo, Slack, Figma, Bugsnag, Bitbucket, Traefik, Jenkins, WiX, Envoyer, Canvas, GIS, Web GIS
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Moscow Business School - Moscow, Russia
Engineer's Degree in Robotics
Moscow Bauman State Technical University - Moscow, Russia
Professional Degree in Finance
Moscow College of City Building and Management - Moscow, Russia
Domain Driven Design: Complete Software Architecture Course
Hands-On Data Structures and Algorithms in Rust
Ultimate Rust 2: Intermediate Concepts
Rust & WebAssembly with JS (TS) - The Practical Guide
Web GIS development course
React Native - The Practical Guide 
Ultimate Rust Crush Course
Software Architecture Security - The Complete Guide
Software Architecture Case Studies
User Experience Design Fundamentals
Elixir and Phoenix: Real World Functional Programming
The Complete Elixir and Phoenix Bootcamp
Learning Path: Elixir: Web Development with Elixir
Laravel 8 Vue.js and RESTful API Course With Complete Project
Learn NoSQL Database Design With CouchDB
GitLab for Auto DevOps using GitLab CLI
Docker and Kubernetes: The Complete Guide