Senior Web/API Developer2017 - 2018VPay, Inc.
Technologies: Bamboo, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Entity Framework Core, ASP.NET Core 2
- Architected and wrote a modern web app, API, and back-end to support a customer call center as well as external clients. Worked with small team of 2-4 other developers.
- Made back-end connections to various systems including IBM iSeries mainframe w/DB2 database; existing APIs were written in Java or Python as well as Graylog and Elasticsearch.
- Wrote a custom standalone, high-volume, fault-tolerant, clustered system using ASP.NET Core to detect updated records in SQL server, fetch all relevant data from various systems, then write the updates to Elasticsearch to be made available via API. All workers coordinated work using RabbitMQ.
- Wrote a UI using Angular 4 + TypeScript to interact with the API.
- Maintained continuous delivery/continuous integration tooling using Atlassian Bamboo, Docker/Docker Compose, and Kubernetes.
Developer/Architect, "Poster Pledge" Custom Interactive Museum Exhibit2015 - 2016Muhammad Ali Center
Technologies: ImageMagick, Backbone.js, jQuery, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API
- Researched, designed, developed, and supported a custom interactive exhibit which allows visitors to superimpose their live image on one of several Muhammad Ali posters, and optionally send the images via text or email.
- Wrote a custom back-end to interact with Canon SDK and retrieve camera status, start live video capture mode, take still photos when the visitor was ready, and detect and correct errors (focus fail, loss of connection, etc.).
- Streamed the live video from the camera, run through a real-time chroma-key (“green screen”) filter, then streamed out via HTTP. Captured images had additional effects applied (sepia tone, dithered “newspaper” look, etc.).
- Built the UI in ASP.NET MVC with “command and control” via ASP.NET MVC Web API. The Chrome dedicated kiosk displayed the UI on an interactive touchscreen. Wrote custom CSS to position and layer the various live videos, backgrounds, effects, text, etc.
- Interacted with Azure API to send generated animated GIFs to visitor and also make full-size images available to print in gift shop.
Senior Web Developer2015 - 2016Disabled American Veterans
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Bootstrap, jQuery, Backbone.js, Entity, ASP.NET MVC
- Developed an all-new platform to enable DAV officers to track disabled veterans' cases. Replaced the existing paper-based system.
- Provided technical leadership to junior developers on all aspects of ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, jQuery, and Backbone.js.
- Wrote custom logic and an API to interface and interact with the hardware signature pad to collect signatures on paperwork.
Senior Web Developer, Team Lead2010 - 2015Heartland Payment Systems
Technologies: SQL Server 2012, Entity Framework, ASP.NET MVC 4
- Wrote and maintained an internal tool to manage Salesforce commissions based on recurring revenue of their clients and other factors, using ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, and C#.
- Designed and implemented automated testing and continuous integration environments using BuildMaster and TeamCity.
- Performed code reviews and set standards for the rest of the team.
- Wrote a tool for importing and validating custom sales spreadsheets using ASP.NET MVC, Backbone, jQuery, and AutoMapper to allow manually adjusting payrolls.
- Wrote a REST-based API using ASP.NET WebAPI 2 to expose Salesforce data within the organization.
Founder/CEO2005 - 2012ThetaHost Solutions, LLC, and Finishr.com
Technologies: PHP, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Docker, Chef, HAProxy, Nginx, MySQL
- Conceived and wrote an SEO/affiliate link website using Ruby on Rails, Nginx, and HAProxy in Docker containers which receives approximately 150,000 unique monthly visitors.
- Designed and wrote Finishr.com, a responsive website which allows race directors to provide real-time race results to users. Uses Ruby on Rails, Nginx, Passenger, HAProxy, with Faye for pub/sub messaging.
- Wrote a command-line driven tool to automatically provision and scale up/down the application and web tiers using Chef cookbooks and API.
- Administered client WordPress installs using wp-cli and Git.
- Developed, wrote, and sold a "white label" website to allow clients' end users to create basketball pools, with automatic scoring, win/loss notifications, and Facebook integration. Used PHP + CodeIgniter MVC framework.