Verified Expert in Engineering
Machine Learning Developer
With a background in Physics from the University of Cambridge, Toby is an experienced data science and machine learning professional. He has expertise in both data engineering and analysis drawn from multiple industry sectors. He specializes in building innovative, data-oriented software.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Azure, TensorFlow, Pandas, Jupyter, Python
The most amazing...
...data product I've built was a system for processing energy consumption data in real-time from thousands of distributed IoT devices.
Data Science and Machine Learning Consultant
- Developed an application to stream and process real-time web-page analytics data and visualize key metrics.
- Developed proof-of-concept and production-ready machine-learning applications in Python and TensorFlow.
- Implemented modern data pipelines to acquire energy/weather datasets and feed to machine learning applications.
Senior Data Scientist
- Developed production-ready machine learning models to predict electricity price movements using various external datasets (weather, market information).
- Implemented data pipelines and data visualizations (Power BI, Tableau) to allow machine learning model output to be integrated into business processes.
- Designed and implemented a reusable data science software stack on AWS infrastructure and subsequently applied to multi-TB datasets.
- Developed a brand new technology to monitor and control electricity consumption across thousands of distributed IoT assets.
- Deployed a range of new technologies to enhance the product offering, including machine learning and cloud-based data storage and processing.
- Implemented control systems and data analysis for the first grid-scale battery storage system in the UK.
Associate Fixed Income Strategist
- Analyzed trading strategies and pricing/modeling interest rate derivatives, e.g. building regression models from economic indicators/indices.
- Contributed to research publications and assisted internal/external customers in various business areas.
- Received a broad and comprehensive training in capital markets, financial products, and accounting as part of Merrill Lynch’s graduate training scheme.
Python-based Data Visualization Apphttps://github.com/toby-coleman/multi-page-dash-template
Python, SQL, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), C#, Java
Plotly, Git, Apache Airflow, Jupyter, Microsoft Excel, MATLAB, Tableau
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Windows, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker
Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Dash, Amazon Kinesis, Internet of Things (IoT)
Master's Degree in Computational Methods for Aeronautics
Imperial College - London, UK
Bachelor's Degree in Natural Sciences (Physics)
University of Cambridge - Cambridge, UK