Head of Software Platform2018 - PRESENTKiwi.com
Technologies: React, API Architecture, Docker, NoSQL, Scrum, Lambda Architecture, Lambda Functions, DYNAMO, PostgreSQL, Technical Writing, Software QA, Automation, Jira, High Availability, Slack API, GitLab, Python, google cl, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Led multiple platform teams of 50+ people as an engineering manager to deliver top-notch services, libraries (including open-source projects and orbit. kiwi), tooling, and processes.
- Implemented best practices for overall engineering operations involving Includes back end, front end, mobile, QA, and tech writers.
- Transformed majority of the company into Jira including whole engineering, product, and other departments.
- Implemented new company-wide tools into Kiwi.com - SAP SuccessFactors, Concur, Salesforce, and various Slack bots.
- Setup Kiwi subsidiary office in Bratislava from five contractors to 30+ regular developers.
- Offered exceptional support in reducing company software expenses during COVID-19 crises by 35k+ Euro per month.
Engineering/System Design2014 - 2019DennikN
Technologies: REST, Varnish, Redis, Payment Gateways, APIs, Elasticsearch, WordPress, High Availability, Majestic Monolith, PHP
- Developed outstanding modular plug and play monolith CRM system (open sourced). Optimized conversions resulting in an increased number of active subscribers from 0 to 60K.
- Designed REMP platform Including 15+ custom integrations. I managed applications for Google DNI fund of multiple rounds with 1.3M+ Euro to develop tools for publishers to sell their content on the web-user tracking, emailing, segmenting in real time.
- Managed and installed REMP instances that handle more than 1.5M+ subscriptions for now.
- Structured overall technical solutions for newspapers/web, crowdfunding, subscription system, and paywall.
Chief Technology Officer2016 - 2018Staffino
Technologies: Sentiment Analysis, PostgreSQL, React, Auto Scaling, High Availability, RESTful APIs, Microservices, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Engaged as CTO in Staffino.com to improve customer experience by a large margin. Planned, designed, and developed a robust development process such as merge requests, deployments, issue tracking, CI, testing for a distributed team.
- Executed end-to-end development consolidations for cutting edge features and apps. Performed in-depth analysis to discover accurate balance for refactoring - roadmap to consolidate and decouple systems.
- Devised and deployed top-tier initiatives to transform the company from B2C to B2B resulting in large profits.
- Delivered excellent on-going support in migration to AWS from 1 Digital ocean droplet to 50+ AWS instances.
- Led front end, back end, Integration, and support teams and continuously hired new talents.
Chief Technology Officer2014 - 2017eFabrica a.s
Technologies: React, gitla, Jira, Video Processing, Hiring, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Laravel, Redis, NoSQL, API Architecture, APIs, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Video Streaming, Domain-driven Design (DDD), High Availability, Microservices, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Nette, PHP, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Planned and designed a microservices architecture for publishing platform of which more than 50+ apps in different technologies and 10+ developers.
- Oversaw various facets of development setup, scaling, and monitoring for each customer on-premise/cloud, and CDNs setup.
- Leveraged biggest media houses and TVs in Slovakia and Czechia (nova.cz, hnonline.sk, joj.sk, markiza.sk) for video archive, live, and magazines.
Solution Architect2014 - 2015Piano INC.
Technologies: UML, API Architecture, RabbitMQ, Scrum, Continuous Integration (CI), MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, PHP, Go, Node.js
- Processed client requests and prepared solutions - integrated new publishers into the piano platform.
- Designed new subscription models for magazines to meet customers' needs.
- Helped with team organization - introduced new development techniques. Worked on continuous integrations and merged requests.
- Tested performance of on-premises and cloud solutions. Moved some services to AWS.
- Created a puppet provision suite to automatically create the whole environment for all microservices.
Developer and Consultant2013 - 2015Freelance
Technologies: Hiring, API Architecture, Video Streaming, Video Processing, Node.js, PHP, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Worked for clients from the beginning of the project to the end.
- Helped companies to start developing their new ideas - hire developers, design architecture, and set up processes.
- Created a Ruby on Rails multi-language application as a general sharing system used for communication between teams from five countries. Also included a voting mechanism for rating users in elections.
- Took over a PHP payment library for Slovak banks that was created in MONOGRAM Technologies and continue with development and upgrading.
- Helped an educational company build its platform for selling courses. Defined development processes and help with application scaling and performance.
- Facilitated with multiple technical tools and solutions around video streaming. Developed scalable video transcoding tool and video streaming solution supporting multiple CDN providers with live content (Streamstar.com).
Chief Technology Officer2012 - 2013MONOGRAM Technologies
Technologies: Jira, SQL Server DBA, Oracle 9i, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Video Streaming, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), APIs, Elasticsearch, Node.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, PHP, UML
- Developed and maintained effective eCommerce solutions (which is the biggest flight tickets e-shop in SK) pelikan.sk and (books - the biggest in retail) pantarhei.sk.
- Supervised three development departments: web (PHP and Ruby), C# and C++, and mobile (Objective-C and Java).
- Devised and deployed numerous multimedia products that ended as a separate spin-off company.
- Budgeted for development. Created offers for clients based on requirements.
- Created time estimates and planned work. Wrote specifications - UML.
Lead PHP Developer2005 - 2012MONOGRAM Technologies
Technologies: Bootstrap, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), APIs, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Node.js, Nette, TYPO3, CakePHP, PHP
- Created, designed, and supervised dozens of web applications.
- Created a publishing platform for a few of the biggest Slovak publishers.
- Developed and managed three of the top ten websites (based on page views) in Slovakia.
- Created a Node.js application for live pushing of data to paying customers watching live video streams.
- Optimized web applications for high availability at certain times.