Java Developer in Warsaw, Poland
Member since July 21, 2015
Tomasz is a creative developer with over ten years of experience at designing and implementing Java applications. He is a team player, enthusiastic about learning new technologies and trying out different ideas and approaches to process improvement. Tomasz has worked for international companies (Hewlett-Packard) as well as for Silicon Valley startups. Currently he helps small and medium companies to create Java-based solutions.
Developer and Architect2018 - PRESENTDextCloud
Technologies: Spring Boot, Camel, Google Cloud Platform, AWS
- Created a REST API for the front-end application.
- Implemented OAuth2 Authorization Server.
- Implemented WebSocket server for the communication between the back-end and front-end apps.
- Designed and implemented the main logic of the application.
- Implemented a Spring Boot-based scheduler.
Programming Teacher2013 - PRESENTVolunteer in NGOs in Warsaw. Poland
Technologies: Scratch, Java, Various Robots
- Taught programming to adults (Java) and kids (Scratch, robotics).
Amazon API Gateway Expert2018 - 2018UAfjord, Ltd. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon API Gateway, Amazon SNS
- Integrated Shopify with Amazon SNS.
Java Back-end Developer2016 - 2018Online Consulting Portal
Technologies: Java 8, Play Framework, HTML, Angular 2
- Created a job portal for business consultants in Germany.
Java Developer2016 - 2018Optile GmbH
Technologies: Java 8
- Integrated an online payment system with several payment providers and banks (e.g., Stripe, ConsultaPay, APCO, Payvision). The online payment system was written in Core Java.
Developer2016 - 2017Eprintwerx International
Technologies: Java 8, AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway
- Built an AWS Lambda (Java) and AWS API gateway back-end for an application that served data for marketing purposes. The project had microservice-oriented architecture.
Java Back-end Developer2016 - 2016ChessVision
Technologies: Java 8, AWS EC2, RESTful Microservices
- Built a Spring-based complex client-server system for an application that allows users to record chess games.
Java/Liferay Developer2015 - 2016PFacto
Technologies: Java, Liferay
- Created a CRM application for a Dutch energy provider company. The application based on Java portlets implemented with Liferay.
Java AWS Developer2015 - 2015Graywill, LLC
Technologies: Java 8, AWS Lambda Functions
- Created an application for online document generation for a small travel agency. The application was based on AWS Lambda functions.
Senior Java Developer2011 - 2013Altkom (Poland)
Technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Drools, Liferay, Swing
- Designed and implemented about five web applications for various customers using Spring and Hibernate.
- Created a desktop application using Swing and Drools.
- Completed two security and performance audits of online web applications (banking applications).
- Conducted technical interviews.
- Prepared around five high-level technical proposals for customers.
Senior Developer/Designer2004 - 2011Hewlett-Packard
Technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, iBATIS, Ajax, Oracle, EJB, SQL, UML
- Designed and developed web and desktop applications for various customers (around fifteen projects for big international companies).
- Prepared around fifteen high-level and low-level designs.
- Planned teamwork and reviewed results for two projects.
- Provided software measurement (e.g., function point analysis).
- Helped analyze business processes and gather user requirements for around ten projects.
- Using Spring Boot for WebSocket Implementation with STOMP (Publication)The WebSocket protocol is one of the ways to make your application handle real-time messages. The most common alternatives are long polling and server-sent events. In this article, Toptal Freelance Java Developer Tomasz Dąbrowski shows us how to implement WebSockets with the Spring Boot framework, and use STOMP for effective client-server communication.
FrameworksJUnit, Spring, Spring Boot, TestNG, Hibernate, Apache Camel, Selenium, Swagger, Swing, AngularJS, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Apache CXF, Play Framework
Libraries/APIsJAX-RS, JAXB, JDBC, Commons HttpClient, JAX-WS
ParadigmsREST, Microservices, Continuous Integration (CI), Test-driven Development (TDD), Test Automation
ToolsApache Tomcat, Jenkins, JBoss Drools, AWS SDK, Papertrail, BrowserStack, Apache Ant
PlatformsAWS EC2, Oracle, OpenShift, Amazon, Linux, Android
StorageAWS DynamoDB, AWS S3, MySQL, Redshift, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
OtherAWS API Gateway, Apache Commons, WebSockets, Liferay, RESTful Microservices, Intercom, KSQL
- Master's degree in Organization Managment2003 - 2007Gdansk University of Technology - Gdansk, Poland
- Master's degree in Computer Science1999 - 2004Gdansk University of Technology - Gdansk, Poland
- Sun Certified Enterprise ArchitectAPRIL 2009 - PRESENTSun Microsystems