Technical Consultant | Solution Architect2013 - PRESENTOctoBit
- Acted as a technical consultant and a software architect on multiple software solutions to deliver APIs, single-page applications, real-time web applications, and distributed applications for the cloud.
- Acted as a cloud solution architect, designing and provisioning AWS cloud infrastructures and optimizing costs by right-sizing and choosing the appropriate cloud technologies.
- Performed R&D and concept development work, helping with the selection of appropriate technologies and platforms for future development.
- Stepped into the role of an operations engineer running cloud infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines, logging and monitoring, and enabling development teams to focus on development.
- Implemented several web applications in Node.js on the server-side with Backbone.js, Marionette.js, AngularJS, Angular, or React on the client-side.
Principal AWS Solution Architect2017 - 2021LEVELS Cloud Infrastructure
- Designed and built an auto-scalable, fault-tolerant, and secure AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Designed and set up automated CI/CD pipelines for all server-side and web-based services.
- Developed scalable, on-demand background processing utility services with AWS Lambda, Fargate, and ECS.
- Consulted the client on distributed software architecture.
- Acted as the infrastructure lead during product development, assisting the development teams to fully utilize and optimize the AWS ecosystem for their use case.
Senior Software Architect2014 - 2017Scout Finance
Technologies: Webpack, CircleCI, Git, MobX, React, RabbitMQ, Redis, Hapi.js, Node.js, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Software Architecture, System Architecture, Cloud Platforms, GitHub, GitFlow, Architecture, CI/CD Pipelines, Infrastructure, Cloud Infrastructure, AWS DevOps, DevOps, APIs, REST API, MongoDB, Database Architecture, Mocha, Grunt, Agile Software Development
- Designed the system architecture for scalability and performance, supporting over 30,000 registered users at the time of acquisition.
- Made the technology choices and implemented the REST API in Node.js and Hapi and the web application in React and MobX.
- Implemented automated data imports and the processing of documents such as SEC filings, financial reports, earning calls audio and transcripts, and real-time data fetching from external providers like Thomson-Reuters, Wall Street Horizon, and Xignite.
- Designed, provisioned, and handled the AWS-based cloud infrastructure, including servers, storage, cache, and monitoring, with a fully automated CI/CD pipeline.
- Built the system from the ground up to acquisition by Money.net in about two and a half years.
- Developed a front-end Marionette.js application and a server-side Node.js RESTful API.
- Implemented real-time WebSockets communication between the front end and the back end via RabbitMQ.
- Implemented the front end using HTML5 and Less CSS while incorporating responsive web design techniques.
- Involved in setting up automated build and deployment CI procedures for the web application and the API and handling basic Joyent SmartOS server administration.
- Introduced the company to remote work processes and Kanban agile practices.
Technical Director | Partner2002 - 2013Muzika.Hr Magazine
Technologies: NHibernate, Spark View Engine, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, C#, IIS, ASP.NET, CSS, HTML, Software Architecture, System Architecture, Git, Bitbucket, Architecture, Relational Database Design, SQL, REST API, Database Architecture, Database Schema Design
- Developed the content management system (CMS) for the online media portal and supported it throughout the product lifecycle.
- Integrated third-party solutions into the line-of-business stack, including an ad serving platform, bulletin board, blogging platform, and photo gallery.
- Implemented backup automation to the Amazon S3 cloud. Handled system administration and IT support.
- Assisted in running the company as a technical co-founder, building it from the ground up to over 100,000 regular monthly readers.
- Took part in defining content strategies, founding and developing the photography section, and defining technical details for cooperations with partners and advertising space offerings.
- Managed a team of two software engineers working alongside me on the CMS development.
- Managed a team of a dozen photographers as an editor of photography, coordinating their assignments.
Technologies: Git, MongoDB, Socket.IO, Node.js, Backbone.js, CSS, Single-page Applications (SPA), Agile Software Development
- Developed a client-side Backbone.js single page application.
- Restyled front-end implementations to comply with higher and more modern standards.
- Prototyped and implemented Node.js and Socket.IO communication, enabling real-time application capabilities.
Software Engineer2006 - 2008TEB Informatika
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Hibernate, Tapestry, Java, C#, Software Architecture, SQL, Database Schema Design, Database Architecture, Relational Database Design
- Delivered C# web applications on an official Microsoft web stack using the underlying Oracle databases.
- Built Java web applications using Tapestry and Hibernate.
- Developed Oracle PL/SQL scripts used for procedural on-demand data processing.
- Contributed to GIS systems development on the Intergraph's platform.
- Introduced the company to using Wiki platforms for the documentation, resulting in the ISO certification requirement of having the full change history easily satisfied later on.
- Introduced the company to using version control systems for managing the source code.