Principal AWS Solution Architect2017 - PRESENTLEVELS GmbH & Co. KG
- Built auto-scalable, fault-tolerant and secure AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Consulted on distributed software architecture.
- Developed scalable, on-demand background processing with AWS Lambda, Fargate, and ECS.
- Automated CI/CD infrastructure and processes.
Senior Software Architect2014 - 2017Scout Finance
Technologies: Webpack, CircleCI, Git, MobX, React, RabbitMQ, Redis, Hapi.js, Node.js, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Selected technology, designed the system, and architected the back-end API, scalability, and performance.
- Designed the AWS-based infrastructure, including servers, storage, cache, and monitoring.
- Implemented CI and automated deployments.
- Automated data import processing and backup procedures.
- Developed in Node.js for the Scout Finance application back-end API and services.
- Architected the web application and developed using React and MobX.
Technologies: AngularUI, AngularJS
- Laid out the app architecture and built initial functionalities.
- Wrote Grunt build scripts for web and mobile app deployments.
Technologies: Heroku, MongoDB, AngularJS, Express.js, Node.js
- Set up the architecture for the project and built the system.
- Implemented the API and AngularJS application, with optimizations for primarily targeting mobile platforms. Handled home screen installation on iOS devices with full-screen mode.
- Set up the build and deployment procedures, deploying to Heroku cloud hosting service.
Technologies: AngularJS, Marionette.js, Backbone.js, Express.js, Node.js
- Supported the client in moving towards their MVP release.
- Implemented required functionalities in Node.js/Express.js and Backbone.js/Marionette.js.
- Planted a seed for Backbone.js/Marionette.js to AngularJS migration, which the company took later on.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Trello, WebSockets, Express.js, Node.js, AngularJS
- Took on a consulting and R&D role, responsible for improving some of their development processes.
- Explored a stress-testing approach in a real-time WebSockets application.
- Introduced BDD-style testing concepts into their application development process and throughout the build automation tool, improving the entire build automation flow.
Technologies: Trello, TFS, C#, AngularJS
- Helped this client as a consultant to choose structured client-side Ajax functionalities for the server-side rendered site to replace the usual jQuery approach.
- Proposed AngularJS instead of Backbone.js, which they were evaluating, for its ability to plug into the page at any level in the DOM structure.
- Built the initial AngularJS concepts and components for their app.
- Improved their dev team communication and collaboration toolset by introducing more Agile tools to improve the existing clunky TFS experience, up to the level that they were ready to change.
- Joined the team for last-minute help with the official public launch of this NY-based startup.
- Built the necessary features for the public launch in their back-end Node.js/Express.js application.
- Improved the existing codebase, squashing bugs and polishing the UI for launch.
- Worked on a client-side Marionette.js application with WebSockets communication to RabbitMQ via Stomp.
- Developed a server-side Node.js RESTful API application.
- Implemented Grunt build automation.
- Handled basic SmartOS server administration.
- Worked on front-end implementation using HTML5 and Less, while incorporating responsive web design techniques.
Technical Director, Partner2002 - 2013Muzika.hr
Technologies: NHibernate, Spark View Engine, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, C#
- Developed the main media portal CMS and supported it throughout the product lifecycle.
- Implemented and integrated third-party solutions into the line-of-business stack, including an ads serving platform, bulletin board, blogging platform, photo gallery, and more.
- Handled system administration and IT support.
- Implemented back-up automation to Amazon S3 cloud.
- Supported business generally and handled tasks related to co-running the company.
Technologies: Git, MongoDB, Socket.IO, Node.js, Backbone.js
- Developed client-side Backbone.js applications.
- Restyled front-end implementations to comply with higher and more modern standards.
- Handled Node.js and Socket.IO communication.
Software Developer2006 - 2008TEB Informatika
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Hibernate, Tapestry, Java, C#
- Developed a C# web applications on an official Microsoft web stack using the underlying Oracle databases.
- Worked on Java web applications using Tapestry and Hibernate.
- Developed using Oracle PL/SQL.
- Contributed to GIS systems development on Intergraph's platform.
- Introduced the company to the documentation via wiki platforms.
- Introduced the company to source control systems.