Software Engineer2017 - 2018Scratch Services
Technologies: Ruby, Sinatra, AWS, Distributed System, Kubernetes
- Worked on a loan account system with distributed services. Also actively contributed to the development of multiple microservices using Postgres.
- Led efforts to transition to Kubernetes deployment on AWS EKS.
- Helped create a data warehousing app with a similar design to modern architecture like that of SnowFlake.
Software Engineer2016 - 2017Pecan Analytics
Technologies: Django, Postgres, D3.js, DC.js, Redis, React, React Native
- Built web and mobile applications to support political campaigns.
- Created a flexible survey tool that allowed managers to assign jobs to field workers. These managers could then track the progress of the assignments.
- Created a mobile app for field workers to submit survey answers. This app is well integrated with Google Maps to help workers know where to go.
- Created interactive visualizations over large datasets (hundreds of thousands) to find desirable subsets.
- Communicated frequently with non-technical users and delivered great user experience.
Research Assistant – Software Developer2015 - 2017Louisiana State University
Technologies: Django, React, D3.js, Node.js, Machine Learning
- Managed national weather data using InfluxDB for time series and MongoDB for metadata.
- Implemented decoders and filters to ingest raw climate data into databases.
- Developed APIs to support climate scientists making queries and aggregations over a large time span of data.
- Deployed and monitored applications using Nginx, Apache, Supervisor, and Gunicorn.
- Utilized machine learning for hydrological models and predictions.
- Developed visualization tools using D3.js, DC.js and C3.js.
Software Engineer2014 - 2017WhatRealEstateSold
Technologies: Django, MongoDB, Selenium, ScraPy, React, Rundeck
- Managed a large and complex MongoDB of real estate data from both internal and third-party sources.
- Wrote programs to routinely update the internal database using public information and other permitted sources.
- Built a subscription-based website that allowed subscribers to have access to the latest real-estate transactions, with all property related information.
- Managed subscriptions using Stripe.
- Applied machine learning to classify and match real-estate transactions to existing real-estate properties.
- Scheduled hundred of programming jobs using Rundeck to track issues and job status.
Software Engineer Intern2013 - 2013Google, Inc.
Technologies: Django, Python, Closure.js, Google Datastore
- Worked on an internal application that managed the maintenance side of Google's massive data centers.
- Built a messaging tool for developers and workers to communicate over schedules and issues.
- Gained experience with high-standard coding and testing requirements.
- Improved testing codes using Selenium for front-end interactions.
- Optimized datastore queries and structures.