Troels Frimodt Rønnow
Verified Expert in Engineering
Troels worked on web applications, AI, blockchains, and quantum computing during the past ten years. His skillset includes full-stack development, big data analysis, high-performance computing, and cryptography. His latest work including building a SaaS that does natural language analysis. The tech stack used in this work consisted of React and TypeScript for the front end and Django and Python for the back end with the natural language engine written in C++.
React, TypeScript, Python 3, Kubernetes, GitOps, Redux, Celery, PyBind11, LLVM, C++17
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a natural language processing SaaS that understands and answers questions. My solution answers questions accurately in 30 MS or less.
Senior C++ Developer
- Developed a component for Azure Quantum Cloud responsible for the validation and transformation of quantum programs before sending them to the hardware backends.
- Made a custom LLVM infrastructure to transform LLVMs internal representation for quantum computers.
- Took ownership of a component in the quantum tech stack, including planning and bug-tracking.
- Made a front end in React and TypeScript, enabling the customers to sign up, create natural language processes, and execute them on the back end.
- Made the back end using Django, Django REST framework, and Python. The back end was integrated with Stripe and allowed social login.
- Built a high-performance natural language engine in C++ with Python bindings using PyBind11.
- Built a background worker using Celery that allowed the execution of the C++ code through a REST interface.
- Created deployment manifests for Kubernetes and Docker images for the above components.
- Created infrastructure for continuous integration and continuous delivery.
Head of Software Engineering
- Created a crypto-currency wallet using React and Electron to enable users to interact with the Fetch.AI network. This wallet enabled users to send and receive tokens on the Fetch.AI network.
- Created block explorer using Django, Django REST framework, and PostgreSQL that kept a log of all transactions that had happened on the network.
- Made a transpiler that could transpile Solidity code into the Fetch.AI native smart contract language Etch.
- Led the codebase development that allowed the company to raise $6,000,000 in less than 60 seconds.
- Managed the planning with the leadership team and oversaw code development.
- Led four teams with different responsibilities inside the company.
- Contributed to all parts of the codebase both on the front end, back ends, and the blockchain.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed an MVP crypto-currency wallet using React and Electron. This MVP had the ability to let users perform simple transactions and searches.
- Designed the blockchain architecture and created an MVP using C++.
- Wrote the first version of a vectorized math library based on fixed points in C++. This code used SSE and AVX intrinsics alongside template unrolling to optimize the code on the assembly level.
- Mentored junior developers to ensure high code quality.
- Oversaw the development and created the initial system for code reviews.
- Developed remote telehealth concept using React, WebRTC, and our in-house build blockchain, which was used for minute-by-minute payment.
- Wrote peer-to-peer networking library and blockchain code using C++ and ASIO.
- Mentored the team in writing patent applications and wrote multiple blockchain applications.
- Created a roadmap and planned features of an in-house built blockchain solution.
- Developed a remote health record concept using React as the front end and a blockchain as the back end.
- Developed a blockchain from scratch in C++ using ASIO. This work involved designing transaction formats and implementing tries and a hash-based storage system.
- Wrote multiple patent applications on blockchain use cases.
- Served as a technical representative for the company for its Hyperledger membership.
- Developed concept biometric login using Arduino with an AngularJS user interface. The concept allowed the users to log in to their VPN using a watch with a fingerprint scanner.
- Developed a hardware bitcoin wallet managing private keys, which were protected by fingerprint authentication.
- Developed depth mapping algorithms for distorted stenographic images.
- Developed hardware-accelerated, quantum-inspired algorithms using the vectorization units of modern CPUs (AVX and SSE).
- Wrote quantum computing simulations using highly optimized C++, Clang, and SSE for vectorization.
- Performed large-scale simulation and data collection using a cluster with 6,400 processing cores.
- Conducted extensive data analysis of terabytes of data, including bootstrap analysis and creating data visualization.
Utopia Solutions ApS
- Developed an app for the local community, allowing them to trade items and send messages to each other using Django and Python.
- Managed deployment of multiple websites using Django, Apache, and Nginx.
- Built a clustering algorithm that ran client-side. It could cluster half a million markers on Google Maps in real time.
• A custom-built ledger with its own extendable VM.
• A virtual machine (VM) that is easily extendable through modules.
• A machine learning framework based on fixed points.
• A highly optimized math library that makes use of AVX.
Django, Redux, Tailwind CSS, Angular, Electron, Django REST Framework, Django Channels, Material UI
React, Node.js, Redux-Saga, React Redux, Stripe API, Stripe
Blockchain, MacOS, Kubernetes, Ubuntu, Docker, DigitalOcean, Hyperledger
Vectorization, Distributed Ledgers, Clang, GitOps, Server Sent Events (SSE), Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX), Peer-to-peer Networking, Data Analysis, Simulations, HTTP, Binary Optimization, PyBind11, Distributed Systems, WebSockets, CSS3 Animation, LLVM, Combinatorial Optimization
Sublime Text 3, NGINX, Apache, Bazel, Celery
Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI)
Ph.D. Degree in Condensed Matter Physics
Aalborg University - Aalborg, Denmark
Master's Degree in Physics
Aalborg University - Aalborg, Denmark
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring