Tugba Demirci Kasarci
Verified Expert in Engineering
Tugba is a professional data consultant with vast experience in data analysis and visualization. She has data-related experience in big companies with huge amounts of data and has worked as a team leader in an essential company domain. Tugba specializes in data warehouses, Teradata, Oracle, data visualization and reporting, MicroStrategy, Qlik Sense, QlikView, and Tableau. She provides fast, proactive, and high-quality solutions to any problem.
Slack, SQL, Agile, Azure Databricks, Business Intelligence (BI), Dashboard Design, BI Reporting
The most amazing...
...project I've managed is extracting a company's primary system to a data warehouse. I analyzed the source system, designed a DWH, and created reports.
Zoetis - Main
- Synthesized complex analytics-derived insights into easy-to-understand, actionable recommendations for business users.
- Managed the migration of the old data warehouse, ensuring data accuracy and consistency. Recreated more than 10 main scripts. Uncovered previously unnoticed errors and deficiencies within the source data by testing report outputs.
- Proactively organized regular meetings with the data warehouse owners to address errors and fulfill their needs.
- Documented scripts for corresponding tables in the new DWH.
- Generated standard and custom reports to provide insights into business performance.
- Utilized data visualization tools like Tableau to present and explain complex data sets.
- Transformed a monthly PowerPoint presentation at the company—which contained sales analysis for a specific group and was used in strategic decision-making—into an interactive dashboard encompassing approximately 50 graphs.
- Analyzed system tables and their relations by using Databricks SQL.
- Collaborated with business unit leaders to identify and prioritize problems and recommended data standardization and documentation for the Net Revenue Management team.
Business Intelligence Specialist/ DWH Analyst
- Managed client meetings to determine requirements and data mapping sessions to understand business needs.
- Analyzed source system tables using SQL, documented detailed business rules and requirements, and modeled the DWH database following standards and reporting processes.
- Played a pivotal role in maintaining and enhancing the data warehouse dictionary, a valuable resource for internal stakeholders.
- Developed database objects using SQL for reporting, including tables, views, and materialized views.
- Leveraged Power BI reporting tools to design, create, and manage dashboards and reports for data visualization.
- Authored comprehensive user guides for projects, conducted end-user training, and provided real-time support for optimal system utilization.
Business Intelligence Specialist/ DWH Analyst
- Worked as a project manager and analyst in the DWH integration project of one of the company's main domains, which consists of a daily data volume of two million end-to-end.
- Modeled the DWH database in accordance with standards and reporting processes and worked on integration projects of multiple source systems while ensuring data integrity.
- Developed database objects using SQL for reporting, including tables, views, and materialized views. Modeled the DWH database following standards and reporting processes.
- Managed client meetings to determine requirements and data mapping sessions to understand business needs. Documented detailed business rules and requirements.
- Contributed to data standardization and the data warehouse dictionary for company use.
- Created a documentation system for the business intelligence (BI) team and implemented it in the entire BI department.
- Developed and automated multiple BI reports in the dashboard on MicroStrategy and Qlik Sense. Created ad hoc reports used primarily for legal purposes.
- Managed projects using Jira, a project management tool.
- Served as an analyst in a data governance project and worked on integrating Informatica, Axon, and Informatica EDC tools into the company.
- Analyzed source system tables and their relations using SQL. Created reports and dashboards with more than 500 metrics/attributes using MicroStrategy.
- Collaborated with the merchandising team and business analytics and system development to ensure that all project details were attended to.
- Recommended operational improvements based on tracking and analysis.
- Met with stakeholders to take business requirements and led meetings while taking requirements.
- Documented business requirements for the development process and designed front-end of programs.
- Arranged document acceptance meetings with developers.
- Implemented user acceptance testing focused on documenting defects and executing test cases.
- Trained the business team about new programs or developments.
- Created dashboards and reports for the business team.
- Fulfilled the tasks of analyzing the program, designing the screen, conducting tests, and providing user training in developing a system (ARES), including forecasting models for end-to-end purchasing, planning, and allocation works.
- Planned store product by analyzing sales with parameters that affect sales.
- Made decisions on product price, transfers, and discounts.
- Worked with IT as a business stakeholder to develop merchandising programs.
Extracting a Main System to a Data Warehouse
I worked as an analyst and project manager on extracting DCS to the data warehouse. I analyzed all the systems using SQL and worked with source system developers and analysts. I worked with business teams to understand their needs and requirements. According to the information received, I created rules and designed a DWH. I worked with an ETL developer to take the data into the DWH. After data transferring, I made a reporting environment using Microstrategy. Thanks to this, environment users could create their custom reports.
With this project, I created a documentation system for the company, a technical analysis document, a business analysis document, and a report user guide. Owing to these documents, BIs could record which rules are implemented in the DWH and what the columns mean. With user guides, the need for business unit support has disappeared, and the entire company actively uses reports for commercial and legal purposes.
Data Warehouse Migration
Firstly, I embarked on examining existing scripts that identified corresponding tables in the new DWH. Simultaneously, I documented every piece of information unearthed during my work. These documents became a crucial resource shared with the team, ensuring everyone could adapt swiftly and accurately to the new landscape.
I took the time to understand each script's precise business needs. It enabled me to ensure that the reports generated from the new DWH would replicate, verify, and refine their ability to meet our business objectives.
I uncovered previously unnoticed errors and deficiencies within the source data by testing report outputs. This contributed to the improvement of data quality. I also proactively organized regular meetings with the data warehouse owners to address errors and fulfill their needs. I successfully completed the project by delivering all scripts working correctly.
Transforming Monthly Static Reports into Interactive Dashboards
I collaborated with my team to understand the business rules behind each graph and their specific purposes. I then prepared the necessary scripts to create these graphs. While the graphs were initially prepared every month, I implemented filters in the dashboard, allowing users to filter data for weekly, quarterly, and annual periods. Furthermore, users gained the ability to access data from previous years for the same period if there were incomplete days in the analysis for the current year. The dashboard was created using Tableau and encompassed approximately 50 graphs.
I recognize the paramount importance of ensuring data accuracy and consistency in report preparation. During the development of the dashboard, I proactively identified data inconsistencies and liaised with data source owners to convey these issues. Additionally, I actively sought and implemented possible solutions, ensuring that users had access to dependable and precise data for making well-informed decisions.
Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Jira, Tableau Desktop Pro, Microsoft Power BI, Excel 2013, Power Query, Qlik Sense, GitHub
Business Intelligence (BI), Database Design, Requirements Analysis, ETL, Agile
PostgreSQL, Data Integration, Master Data Management (MDM), Database Architecture, Microsoft SQL Server, Database Modeling, Data Lakes, Data Pipelines, Teradata, Databases, MySQL, Azure SQL, Database Migration
MicroStrategy, BI Reporting, Data Analysis, Documentation, IT Project Management, Dashboards, Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Relational Database Design, Data Architecture, Reporting, Data Modeling, BI Reports, Reports, Dashboard Design, Data, Data Warehousing, Architecture, Financials, Pricing, Warehouses, Data Transformation, Data Reporting, Data Manipulation, Analytics, Data Management, Analytical Thinking, Data Engineering, Azure Databricks, Financial Data, DAX, SAP BusinessObjects (BO), Data Governance, Statistics, Azure Data Factory
Oracle, Azure, Databricks
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering
Uludag University - Bursa, Turkey
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring