Technical Consultant2017 - 2017Alberta Motor Association
Technologies: C#, .NET Core, Entity Framework, Azure, MVC, SQL Server, Visual Studio Online, GitHub
- Built a proof-of-concept project for an internal web service. The company currently leverages an older tool for web services which leads to long deployment cycles that fail often.
- Defined the project's goal: to create a new framework in .NET Core MVC that would have zero downtime which would allow for operating hour deployments, code reviews, and automated unit testing.
- Developed a finished product that fulfilled all of the project's goals with live monitoring using Azure Application Insights which would notify the team via HipChat of any errors.
Software Developer2016 - 2017WSP
Technologies: .NET Framework, jQuery, AngularJS, C#, SQL Server, Visual Studio Online
- Developed a web application on a large scale F2F (field-2-finish) project.
- Built by myself the standalone front-end portals for time entry and approval (TimeQOffice) and project accounting rules (TimeQManager).
- Worked around the evolving client requirements throughout the project in jQuery and AngularJS applications.
- Served as a back-end developer when required.
Technical Consultant2015 - 2015PCL
Technologies: .NET, C#, jQuery, AngularJS, SQL Server, Entity Framework, MVC
- Developed a web app for managing trade workers' applications.
- Built up the external facing-side where people could apply.
- Fleshed out the administration layer that was for internal use only.
- Used agile methodology on a team of six developers, two business owners, and a single project manager.
- Gained skills with ReSharper for faster coding in Visual Studio.
Net Ninja (Software Developer)2012 - 2014Quercus Solutions, Inc.
Technologies: .NET, C#, jQuery, SQL Server, Team Foundation Server, MVC, Entity Framework
- Developed, planned the architecture, and supported web applications for clients all the while in a team setting.
- Met client's criteria and expectations for projects in a timely and efficient matter.
System Analyst2008 - 2012City of Edmonton
Technologies: .NET, C#, Visual Basic, SQL Server, IIS, SharePoint
- Supported several desktop applications and customer requests in a wide array of programming languages.
- Provided customer support and gathered specs for enhancements and new utilities.
- Worked on several servers hosting Microsoft SQL Server databases and Microsoft IIS and web services.
Software Development2006 - 2007Intuit Canada
Technologies: C++, Visual Studio, SQL
- Worked on the localization of the QuickBooks Product for release in Canada.
- Developed a tool that dynamically modified an SQL database based on the application's locale as well as adding/removing a functionality to the application based on which locale it would be released in.