Technical Consultant2017 - 2018Alberta Motor Association
Technologies: C#, .NET Core, Entity Framework, Azure, MVC, SQL Server, Visual Studio Online, GitHub
- Built a proof-of-concept project for an internal web service. The company currently leverages an older tool for web services which leads to long deployment cycles that fail often.
- Defined the project's goal: to create a new framework in .NET Core MVC that would have zero downtime which would allow for operating hour deployments, code reviews, and automated unit testing.
- Developed a finished product that fulfilled all of the project's goals with live monitoring using Azure Application Insights which would notify the team via HipChat of any errors.
- Built the front end of a React & Redux administration app so that accounting could set rules and create records manually for the API when they needed the access. TypeScript was used and WebPack was used for compilation and minification.
Software Developer2016 - 2017WSP
Technologies: .NET Framework, jQuery, AngularJS, C#, SQL Server, Visual Studio Online
- Developed a web application on a large scale F2F (field-2-finish) project.
- Built by myself the standalone front-end portals for time entry and approval (TimeQOffice) and project accounting rules (TimeQManager).
- Worked around the evolving client requirements throughout the project in jQuery and AngularJS applications.
- Served as a back-end developer when required.
Technical Consultant2015 - 2015PCL
Technologies: .NET, C#, jQuery, AngularJS, SQL Server, Entity Framework, MVC
- Developed a web app for managing trade workers' applications.
- Built up the external facing-side where people could apply.
- Fleshed out the administration layer that was for internal use only.
- Used Agile methodology on a team of six developers, two business owners, and a single project manager.
- Gained skills with ReSharper for faster coding in Visual Studio.
Net Ninja (Software Developer)2012 - 2014Quercus Solutions, Inc.
Technologies: .NET, C#, jQuery, SQL Server, Team Foundation Server, MVC, Entity Framework
- Developed, planned the architecture, and supported web applications for clients all the while in a team setting.
- Met client's criteria and expectations for projects in a timely and efficient matter.
System Analyst2008 - 2012City of Edmonton
Technologies: .NET, C#, Visual Basic, SQL Server, IIS, SharePoint
- Supported several desktop applications and customer requests in a wide array of programming languages.
- Provided customer support and gathered specs for enhancements and new utilities.
- Worked on several servers hosting Microsoft SQL Server databases and Microsoft IIS and web services.
Software Development2006 - 2007Intuit Canada
Technologies: C++, Visual Studio, SQL
- Worked on the localization of the QuickBooks Product for release in Canada.
- Developed a tool that dynamically modified an SQL database based on the application's locale as well as adding/removing a functionality to the application based on which locale it would be released in.