CEO and Lead Developer2014 - PRESENTCopilot LLC
- Acquired Copilot from Fog Creek Software in 2014 after having been a founding member of the original Copilot team.
- Rewrote all aspects of the app to improve and modernize it.
- Added Copilot Meetings using modern web technologies to expand Copilot's product offerings.
- Managed a team of freelance consultants to augment my skills, specifically in QA, copywriting, marketing, and graphic design.
Freelance Developer2012 - PRESENTTGHW LLC
- Developed sales systems for a local lumber company to help them manage inventory and sales tickets.
- Created an SMS lead generation app used by local companies to communicate with sales leads and customers.
- Oversaw a full rewrite of an online employee scheduling application utilizing modern web technologies.
- Developed a web-based interface for controlling virtual network devices.
Senior Full-stack Developer2011 - 2012Trello
- Developed the major features of Trello while it was incubated within Fog Creek Software.
- Designed a custom framework using Node.js and Backbone.js for seamless front- and back-end code compatibility.
- Used MongoDB to develop NoSQL database structures to support fast yet scalable data access.
- Aided in server migrations from custom in-house servers to AWS EC2 instances for better uptime and scalability.
Software Developer2005 - 2012Fog Creek Software
- Developed and released a new screen sharing product, Copilot, in three months.
- Created the company's subscription billing system from scratch.
- Invented and developed a new code review system, which was integrated into other developer tools.
- Managed a team of engineers to develop the front-end of a source control and code review tool.