Verified Expert in Engineering
Tyler is an innovative problem solver experienced in full-stack web development, desktop applications, and mobile app development. He built educational games, video content delivery platforms, and user management systems for one client, resulting in over two million user sessions in less than 12 months and reaching 100+ countries. Tyler's insight has expanded and greatly enhanced many programs and processes, enabling clients to further their reach and increase revenue.
Windows, PyCharm, Vi, Linux, Visual Studio, Git, SSH, PuTTY, Windows PowerShell, Zsh
The most amazing...
...product I've developed was a code review system called Kiln, based on distributed version control before GitHub had pull requests.
- Implemented and supported a supply-chain data-analysis tool for a major CPG company using Python.
- Created an SMS lead-generation app used by local companies to communicate with sales leads and customers with Vue.js, Python, Django, and Twilio.
- Developed sales systems for a local lumber company to help them manage inventory and sales tickets in Salesforce using Python and Django, all hosted on Heroku.
- Oversaw a full front-end rewrite of an online employee scheduling application using Backbone.js for a single-page application.
- Developed a web-based interface for controlling virtual network devices.
CEO and Lead Developer
- Modernized the back-end servers using .Net, C#, and WebSockets.
- Rewrote the website from scratch in Vue.js with ASP.NET as a back-end API interfacing with a SQL Server database hosted on Azure.
- Managed a team of freelance consultants to augment my skills, specifically in QA, copywriting, marketing, and graphic design.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Designed a custom framework using Node.js and Backbone.js for seamless front- and back-end code compatibility.
- Used MongoDB to develop NoSQL database structures to support fast yet scalable data access.
- Aided in server migrations from custom in-house servers to AWS EC2 instances for better uptime and scalability.
Fog Creek Software
- Designed, implemented, and released a screen-sharing product in three months using C++, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server.
- Created a subscription billing system using C#, .Net, and SQL Server to vault credit card information and charge subscribers every month while maintaining PCI compliance.
- Invented and developed a new code review system using Python and Django during a 48-hour coding competition. Brought the product in-house as a lead front-end developer.
Inside the Orchestra | Virtual Tiny Totshttp://insidetheorchestra.org
.NET, Django, Bootstrap, Django REST Framework, ASP.NET, Windows PowerShell, Flask, Jinja, Express.js, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, .NET Core, Electron
Vue, Trello API, Django ORM, REST APIs, WebRTC, Node.js, WordPress API, WordPress REST API, Xamarin.iOS, Square API, Twilio API, Pandas, Backbone.js, React, Vue 2, jQuery
Trello, GitHub, Microsoft Excel, PyCharm, Braintree SDK, Visual Studio, Git, Zsh, Celery, Bitbucket, Azure App Service, Jupyter
Desktop, Windows, Linux, WordPress, Azure, Xamarin, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Twilio, MacOS, Docker
Web Development, Full-stack, Credit Card Processing, APIs, Front-end, Back-end, API Integration, HTTP REST, Architecture, System Architecture, Software Development, Vi, Software Engineering, Programming Languages, Computer Security, User Interface (UI), WebSockets, VNC, SSH, General Accounting, Xamarin.Mac, Xamarin.Forms, Advisory, Technical Leadership, Fintech, Computer Graphics, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Vision Algorithms, Business, Internet of Things (IoT), LoRa, Finance
Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cloud Environments, Azure SQL, Redis
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Stanford University - Palo Alto, California, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Economics
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology - Terre Haute, Indiana, USA
Certificate of Business Administration
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology