Vaishnavi Ajit Kumar
Verified Expert in Engineering
Quality Assurance Developer
Vaishnavi is a senior QA engineer with over eight years of experience working with startups and corporate organizations at all levels of testing and automation. Vaishnavi's work encompasses performance, functional, integration, system, and user acceptance testing while following Agile (Scrum and Kanban) methodologies in the software development process.
PostgreSQL, Jenkins, CircleCI, Jira, Postman, Cypress, Cucumber, Protractor, TypeScript, MongoDB
The most amazing...
...performance framework I've developed used k6, integrated with InfluxDB and Grafana, to produce a self-explanatory graphical representation of the run metrics.
QA Automation Engineer
ASU Pocket - Main
- Contributed to a digital wallet blockchain app that captures the real-time achievements of learners. Users received course completion and work experience-related credentials. Also handled the corresponding admin app to manage users and credentials.
- Served as the sole QA person on a team of eight developers. Worked in sprints, tracking and managing tickets on Jira. Documented test cases for all workflows.
- Handled PSQL and set up data for fellow developers to test with. Ran SQL queries to check data correctness.
- Ran tests on iOS, Android, the web app, and the API used for credential issuance. Set up the Appium framework and WebdriverIO for mobile app automated testing.
- Created a Postman API test suite, which chains the different APIs in the workflow together for quick sanity testing of back-end APIs.
- Tasked with setting up and managing data on production. Became the go-to person for any questions on workflow and functionality.
- Coordinated with developers to get features ready and tested on time for releases.
- Managed the timely delivery of tests even though there were eight developers and only me as QA.
Mahi Services (UK) Ltd
- Defined QA processes and introduced developers to additional QA practices that they can look to for confidence in the product, as the only QA on the team.
- Tested three different products singlehandedly that the company created. Created the tests, documented the workflows from scratch, and communicate results and problems with the development team.
- Tracked and tested features using Jira. Jira tickets were additionally created for any problems seen. Met every single deadline for the product.
- Worked with teams located in New Zealand, Italy and London. Comfortably handled all the different timezones and had no delays resulting from the time difference.
- Managed the QA team when new folks joined and guided them through the products and releases.
Software Test Engineer IV
- Discovered API slowness by implementing k6, Grafana, and InfluxDB performance test and Gatling framework.
- Automated GraphQL API Testing framework using Mocha and created hooks to cleanup test data from PostgreSQL.
- Reduced revenue leakage in incorrect ad spends by rigorous testing of Google Tags and Analytics.
- Mastered interactions with third-party tools like Maropost, Braintree, ClickFunnels, and Zabbix.
- Acquired know-how of A/B testing, marketing and sales tactics, and ad campaigns.
Senior QA Engineer
- Automated back-end server communication of streaming networks (HLS/DASH) using Python.
- Led the QA team in testing major streaming events like the Winter Olympics, Super Bowl, and IPL.
- Reduced COGS by $1 million in testing mammoth project converting servers from Windows to Linux.
- Solved the team’s problem of inaccurate testing due to limited resources by spawning multiple virtual test environments.
- Acquired extensive knowledge of streaming protocols like RTMP, HLS, and HDS and networking protocols like TCP, HTTP, and HTTPS.
Media Origin Streaming Services/Linux/Python
UI Automation with Protractor, Cucumber, XRay, Jira Test Framework
Test 3 Financial Product Solutions for Trading Platform
Protractor, Cypress, Selenium, Jest
TestRail, Cucumber, Jira, GitHub, Postman, Codeship, Grafana, CircleCI, Git, Apache JMeter, Bugzilla, Maropost, Pytest, Wireshark, Jenkins
Agile Software Development, Manual Testing, Automation, Automated Testing, Test Automation
K6, REST API Automation, QA Testing, QA Test Plan Management, QA Automation, Software Development, Quality Assurance (QA), Manual QA, Manual Software Testing, Okta, CI/CD Pipelines, Performance Testing, APIs, BrainTree, Metabase, Amplitude, Forex, FIX Protocol, Analytics, Mobile App Testing
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker
PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Computer Science
M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology - Bangalore, India