HTML Developer in Kiev, Ukraine
Web Developer2012 - PRESENTFreelance
- Created and supported a project for photographers, operators, and other staff from one side and for people who need staff like that from other side. Implemented some interesting features such as uploading and transcoding video files to specific for web formats (WebM, MP4), memberships, payments, etc.
- Created online store based on OpenCart with the ability to export/import products for external systems, mass product/categories updates, viewing the group of products as one product, and multi-language support.
- Contributed to smaller jobs to update and fix existing Laravel- and OpenCart-based websites as well as create new ones based on Laravel/MySQL/Twitter Bootstrap, etc.
PHP Developer2009 - PRESENTDating Factory
- Created and updated features in admin panels: one for internal use and one for public use with the ability to configure websites, claims, view statistics, etc.
- Worked with server-side scripts like daemons, mass-update scripts, and API calls.
- Updated and maintained some secondary projects based on WordPress (including multi-site) and OpenX/Revive.
- Created and updated promotional tools (static and dynamic) and collected some usage statistics.
- Integrated external systems (such as tickets, payment, and tracking) via their API.
PHP Developer2007 - 2009World Dating Partners
- Developed and updated admin panels with functionality to create and edit websites, customers, view reports, and configure the main system.
- Maintained WordPress-based blogs.
- Worked with server-side scripts like daemons, mass-update scripts, API calls, etc.
- Configured and sent big mailings, including checking the layouts, language, macros, and headers passed to email.
PHP Developer2003 - 2007Donbass-Soft
- Created a simple internal web application for bug and time tracking.
- Created websites from scratch and based on osCommerce/xtCommerce and Mambo/Joomla. Created templates, payment/shipping modules, calendars, modules to import/export products, etc.
- Worked on a system to create and manage events that is currently installed in over thirty locations in Europe and the US.
- Creative Empowering Solutions (via Toptal) (Development)
Worked with internal sub projects such as registration wizard and JWT authentication server, implemented CRUDs for some entities.
- Labstep (via Toptal) (Development)
Worked to improve unit testing, added a Vagrant container to help new team members, and added/refactored a REST API to connect the front-end and back-end.
- Getdressed2 (via Toptal) (Development)http://www.getdressed2.com
Updated OpenCart and fixed problems with the payment system and template.
- Dating Factory (Development)http://datingfactory.com
White label platform to create and promote dating sites. Everything is prepared for success: cool templates, a lot of features, and detailed statistics.
- Kronas.com.ua (Development)
OpenCart-based online store for a company which produces and sells furniture decorations. A lot of features were added to OpenCart: custom import, more statistics, DB optimization, grouped products, etc.
- Jumpstart Your PHP Testing with Codeception (Publication)Would you like to test your PHP code like a boss? Do you feel that basic unit tests and PHPUnit just don't cut it anymore? If your answer to both questions is yes, you might want to try Codeception, a mature and well-documented testing framework designed to outperform PHPUnit and Behat. In this post, Toptal Freelance Software Engineer Vasily Koval describes how he came to take the plunge and start using Codeception, and he explains why you should check out Codeception for your PHP testing needs.
FrameworksPHPUnit, Laravel, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Symfony, Yii
Libraries/APIsVue.js, React, jQuery
ToolsPhpStorm, Jira, NPM, Trello, Gulp.js, Vagrant, Sublime Text, Subversion (SVN), Git
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Scrum, Refactoring
- Specialist's degree in Computer Science1999 - 2004Donetsk National University - Donetsk