Software Developer in Miami, FL, United States
Technical Screener2017 - PRESENTTriplebyte
Technologies: React, Android
- Evaluated the coding and technical performance of candidates who were trying to work at top-tier companies.
- Provided feedback and code reviews to people who fail.
- Evaluated the knowledge and experience of candidates as it pertains to system architecture.
React Native Developer2017 - PRESENTThe Veteran's Trust
Technologies: React Native
- Built and designed componentry architecture for a React Native Application.
- Constructed also Redux architecture.
- Participated in Scrum meetings to help decide the direction of the application.
- Created marketing email templates.
- Developed a RESTful service for ZIP-code distance calculations.
- Conducted cross-platform testing and deployment to the App Store and Play Store.
- Implemented Google Analytics event-tracking.
Freelance Web Developer2016 - 2017UV Latin Dance Online
Technologies: AWS, Angular, jQuery, Node.js
- Developed a custom CMS for a blog platform.
- Built API calls from Node to AWS.
- Managed file storage in Amazon S3.
- Developed an AngularJS front-end.
- Developed a billing functionality and managed a PayPal integration.
Academic/Technology Director2015 - 2017TechLaunch
Technologies: Node.js, React, AngularJS
- Developed an adaptive quizzing application to develop more dynamic exams (MEAN stack).
- Created a React/Node.js application to streamline employee ratings.
- Built a React-based dashboard to visualize student surveys.
- Developed multiple landing pages and digital marketing campaigns.
- Managed faculty members towards meeting a high bar of pedagogical and performance excellence.
IT Director2013 - 2015Christopher Columbus High School
Technologies: Linux, Windows Server 2012, Cisco Switches, JAMF
- Managed 1,500 mobile devices.
- Optimized and managed a WLAN with 100+ access points.
- Managed content-filtering policies.
- Automated database integrations across various systems.
- Implemented online tuition payments.
- Developed several custom applications to automate various processes (banking reconciliations, reports, and donation captures).
- Chess Memorization | Web App (Development)
One of my first projects, a jQuery-based application to assist students in memorizing chess openings.
- 90-minute Speed Coded Game (Development)
- UV Latin Dance Online | Custom CMS (Development)http://www.uvlatindanceonline.com/
I built this custom CMS platform and website for an online dance school. I designed and coded all of it.
- Codewars Ranking (Other amazing things)https://www.codewars.com/users/Swolebrain
I solve algorithmic challenges for fun. I'm ranked in the top 700 out of about 300,000 users on codewars.com.
- TechLaunch Website (Development)https://techlaunch.io/
An informational website for a prior employer. It has a custom build process that incorporates Node-Sass and Webpack bundling/transpiling into a PHP set up.
- NovoPlexus Informational Website (Development)http://novoplexus.com
Libraries/APIsjQuery, Node.js, React, HTML5 Canvas
ToolsPhotoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, Agile
OtherAlgorithms, Data Structures, Financial Modeling, Banking & Finance
PlatformsFirebase, Windows Server 2012, Linux, DigitalOcean, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Master's degree in Finance2007 - 2008Florida International University - Miami, FL, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2000 - 2006Florida International University - Miami, FL, USA
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect-AssociateAUGUST 2018 - AUGUST 2019Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- AWS Certified Developer-AssociateNOVEMBER 2017 - OCTOBER 2018Amazon Web Services, Inc.