Front-end Developer in Belgrade, Serbia
Software Development Consultant2015 - 2016Seavus
- Developed from the ground-up components on a clustered platform for collecting, processing, and producing various types of financial data.
- Integrated various APIs with sources of financial data like Thompson, Reuters, and Bloomberg.
- Built components by using Java, Spring Container, JGroups cluster management, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and a Quartz scheduler.
- Managed the entire component development from the design of classes and choice of technologies to the integration testing with real data.
Senior Lead Developer2012 - 2015Seavus
- Led small teams of two-to-four developers.
- Coordinated communication with the client and their business analysts, project managers and QA.
- Managed the analysis of requirements, solution proposals, time, estimations, the division of work, implementation, and code review.
- Worked with large Swiss and US software companies and their leading developers.
- Worked on the core platform modules.
Senior Java Developer2012 - 2012Infobip
Technologies: Java, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, SOA, JBoss, EJB, SOAP
- Worked on online payments and a mobile billing system components for the Centili project.
- Developed services for communication and integration with mobile operators platforms worldwide.
- Used the JBoss application server as a production platform.
- Created both web service server endpoints and client components for web services and other integration points provided by mobile operators.
Senior Java Developer2011 - 2012GTech
Technologies: Java, Oracle Coherence, Lucene
- Developed middleware and mission-critical components in large software system for online gaming and sports betting.
- Working for SportingBet, a leading British online betting provider.
- Created Lucene-based components as a middle layer between heavily-loaded database and regional websites.
- Supported the integration of subsystems with Oracle Enterprise Service Bus.
- Used Oracle Coherence as a distributed cache and processing layer.
Java Enterprise Software Developer2009 - 2010European Dynamics
- Maintained and developed enterprise web applications.
- Worked for the European Commission and other EU governing clients.
- Worked as full-stack developer.
- Developing a rich client side, MVC server layer, EJB business layer, DAO and DB mappers, SQL queries, and managed the deployment on the application and web servers.
Software Developer2007 - 2009Geneko
- Created desktop Java applications for testing different devices and communicating with them through serial connection.
- Flipico Game (Other amazing things)http://komante.com/flipico
This is an original picture puzzle game with flipped image parts. Your goal is to reveal the original image. Some parts of it are flipped horizontally or vertically, making it a jumble. Use your mouse to select parts that don't fit and flip them, until the whole picture is intact again.
- Maze Game (Other amazing things)
- File Searcher (Development)https://sourceforge.net/projects/vdfilesearcher/
This is a desktop application to search local file systems. Using Lucene, it can combine search queries and fuzzy names, and split files and directories into categories. It was developed as a standalone Java application.
- Cirilicar (Development)
A Firefox add-on for transforming Latin letters from web pages to Cyrillic. This is useful for the Serbian language. It's been downloaded more than a thousand times. The transformation is done in place, with a single click on add-on button. The DOM is traversed to find all the places where letters should be transformed (with care taken not to transform links, enter infinite loops, and so on).
- Getting Started with the Elm Programming Language (Publication)Elm is a purely functional, strongly typed, reactive, and event-driven web client language. It takes a step back from the norms and really changes the way you reason about and program web application front-ends. In this article, Toptal Freelance Software Engineer Vuk Djapic takes you through the exotic concepts of Elm and its pros and cons in real world use.
FrameworksSpring, AngularJS, JUnit, Express.js, JPA, Spring MVC, Bootstrap, Spring Boot, Jasmine, JavaServer Pages (JSP), JMockit, Swing, Apache Velocity, Mockito, Jersey, Apache CXF, Hibernate
ToolsEclipse IDE, Apache Tomcat, Apache Maven, Java Concurrency, FreeMarker, Jenkins, Webpack, Docker Compose, Gulp.js, AWS ECS, Solr, Git, Subversion (SVN), Cobertura, Sonar, IntelliJ IDEA, Jetty, Mercurial
Libraries/APIsJava Servlets, Apache Lucene, jQuery, Node.js, Backbone.js, React, JMX, JMS, MyBatis, SAX, JAXB, JAX-WS, Eclipse SWT, JGroups
ParadigmsModel View Controller (MVC), REST, Refactoring, Design Patterns, BEM, Agile Software Development
PlatformsUbuntu, Docker, NetBeans, Windows, CentOS
StorageJSON, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, MySQL
OtherAlgorithms, Web Services, Chrome Extensions, HTTP, Data Structures, Regular Expressions, Scalability, Firefox Extensions, Unix Shell Scripting, EhCache, Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIP), EJB 3
- Master's degree in Information Systems and Technologies2003 - 2007University of Belgrade, Faculty of Organizational Sciences - Belgrade, Serbia
- Diploma in Mathematics, Algorithms1996 - 2000Mathematical Grammar School - Belgrade, Serbia