Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and Developer
Warrick is a senior DevOps engineer who has worked across roles in software engineering for over 20 years. From desktop support around Windows 95 and Windows for Workgroups through to Java software development and, most recently, AWS DevOps roles. He is motivated by enabling teams to thrive through automating deployments and setting up secure, scalable, and cost-efficient infrastructure.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Linux, Node.js, Python, Git
The most amazing...
...and unique product I've developed is a bible study app that reached #3 in its category on the Play Store.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Migrated EC2-based microservices to containerized ECS deployments.
- Improved quality and stability of deployments by adding linting and template validation to the pipeline.
- Assisted developers with access to deployed resources.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Orchestrated Systems (now TeamForm)
- Designed and implemented the infrastructure deployment process with Terraform.
- Implemented a chatbot solution with Slack and Microsoft Azure Bot Service.
- Implemented convenience scripts to give developers access to infrastructure for troubleshooting and debugging.
- Implemented the application framework and CI/CD process for the engagement systems.
- Led the effort to implement solutions for PCI compliance.
- Designed and implemented the payment system API and SDK.
CadreWorks Pty Ltd
- Developed an app that reached number three in its category on the Play Store.
- Created a solution to convert disparate data sources into a common format for consumption and publication within the Android and iOS apps.
- Implemented PHP-based business solutions for several customers.
- Pivoted from bespoke Java solutions development to Java-based Asterisk solutions with my team.
- Implemented browser-based call center solutions with my team.
- Implemented a receptionist console with my team.
AWS CloudFormation, Git, Terraform, Asterisk
Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi, AWS Lambda, Android, iOS
Programming, CI/CD Pipelines, Business Law, Business Strategy, IT Management, Machine Learning, Bitbucket Pipelines
Python, Delphi, PHP, Java
Bachelor's Degree in Business Management and Informatics
University of South Africa - Johannesburg, South Africa
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional