Senior Integration Architect/Consultant2016 - PRESENTPeople’s Data Consulting Inc.
Technologies: SAP ECC, SAP BW, SAP SuccessFactors, SAP BusinessObjects Data Service (BODS)
- Designed SAP Data Services solution to extract data from SAP Successfactors, and load the transformed information into SAP BW.
- Designed Source-Based CDC and Target-Based CDC logic to generate delta data set, including new, update, and delete records.
- Designed and developed SAP Data Services jobs to migrate legacy data to SAP systems, include master data and transaction data objects from EAM, HCM, R2R, and S2P.
- Designed and developed ETL Data Services jobs to extract data from various data sources, transform that data into something useful and then load it into SAP CRM.
SAP Data Services Consultant2010 - 2016IBM Canada
Technologies: SAP ECC, SAP BW, SAP, SAP BusinessObjects Data Service (BODS)
- Led development team for a financial management system upgrade by migrating 20+ data services / FIM jobs from Data Services V3.2 and FIM 7.5 to Data Services 4.2 and FIM 10.0, achieving project deadline.
- Enhanced financial management solution for one of the major Canadian banks by leading a team of SAP Data Services developers, designing and developing major components, providing the client with data services best practices.
- Migrated legacy data to SAP ECC for a manufacturing company using BODS. Established BODS development standard for the team, fixed all BODS historic technical issues, and migrated the data services development environment from V4.0 to V4.1.
- Shortened testing cycle and improved application quality by quickly identifying and pinpointing the root cause of defects during quality assurance (QA) testing for SAP BW, Bex reports, and BODS components of liquidity risk management (LRM) solution.
- Managed a team of seven business object data services developers, including local and offshore resources, building WSB interfaces, creating an efficient, consistent ETL global delivery team.
Senior Data Architect2005 - 2016IBM Canada
Technologies: Data Architecture, IBM InfoSphere, Sybase PowerDesigner, Erwin, IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM Db2, Oracle
- Designed and built a staging database as part of QRM solution for one of the major Canadian banks by gathering business requirements, leading the development team, and delivering multiple releases for QRM solution within a 2-year timeline.
- Completed the migration of a tax auditing business intelligence solution, including data mining, cubing services, Alphablox reporting, and ETL, for one of the provisional finance ministries in Canada.
- Built logical data model (LDM) for one of the largest Oracle EBS implementations in Ontario, covering 50 Oracle modules based on customer business service areas and identifying key entities for each service.
- Delivered one of the largest global resource (GR) programs in Canada by establishing a trusting customer relationship and building stronger DBA/DA teams with improved professionalism and processes, enhancing delivery quality and customer satisfaction.
- Migrated 10TBytes data warehouse from 10g RAC/Redhat to 11g/AIX.
Senior DBA1999 - 2004IBM Canada
Technologies: Oracle, IBM Db2
- Designed and developed SQL stored procedures to populate Tax Processing Data Warehouse and control mechanism by writing 40+ SQL stored procedures to fulfill ETL and controlling requirement, and tuned performance of both application and database.
- Led DBA team to develop SQLs for UMI project, coordinating SQL team with design team and Java team, working on DB2 performance tuning, problem diagnosis and timely resolution of problems.
- Designed and developed a web portal system. Used Erwin as a data modeling tool, DB2 Warehouse Manager as an ETL development tool, and built a history database.