Senior Software Developer2015 - PRESENTRaptor Technologies
- Converted the company’s legacy web application to a more modern web application built on MVC and Bootstrap—enabling the application to scale based on the user’s device.
- Streamlined the company’s import application which allowed the schools to efficiently and securely schedule the upload of their student, staff, contractor, and volunteer data into the system.
- Streamlined the company’s web camera capabilities in their web application using HTML5. This reduced the company’s costs as well as the clients' by allowing them to use the web cameras shipped with their computers.
- Streamlined the installation process of a small WPF application to give the user a clean-and-smooth experience.
- Implemented a more efficient way to store database objects in source control (TFS) as well as to promote database updates to the different environments.
- Installed a Windows service to handle the printing of badges and scanning of licenses into the web application.
- Developed a process to silently update the printing and scanning windows service without user interaction.
- Implemented an emergency management product to manage fire drills and other school emergency preparedness activities previously managed via a school’s paper process.
- Continued to develop new features for the MVC application based on the requirements provided by the product management team.
Senior Software Developer | Consultant2015 - 2015United Airlines (via TEKsystems)
Technologies: Visual Studio, Model View Controller (MVC), C#, .NET
- Streamlined the company’s main web application by developing SOA services and moving all of the business processes from the web application to these services.
- Developed RESTful APIs that supported both XML and JSON to be consumed by various web and mobile applications.
- Bridged the gap between business analysts and end users by defining and prioritizing their use cases and developing the needed API services.
- Facilitated the integration of third-party systems with the company’s service-oriented architecture (SOA) by developing the endpoints needed while maintaining loose coupling.
Senior Software Developer | Team Leader of Integration Services2012 - 2015Automated Healthcare Solutions
Technologies: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), BizTalk, Web API, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Microsoft SQL Server, Model View Controller (MVC), C#, .NET
- Designed and developed custom multi-tier web applications using C#, ASP.NET 4.5, Telerik, Ajax, and MVC with a SQL Server 2008/2012 back-end in an Agile (Scrum) environment.
- Streamlined the company’s integration solutions by implementing brand new messaging solutions using Microsoft technologies such as BizTalk 2013, WCF, and Web API.
- Slashed the IT department’s costs by approximately 30% by moving the company’s automated business processes from a third-party company to an in-house solution using BizTalk 2013.
- Served as the team leader of the BizTalk development team and bridged communications between them and the other software developers.
- Acquired SureScripts certification (Prescription Messaging and Benefits/Medication History/Formularies Retrieval) by integrating the company’s dispensing application with the requirements set forth by SureScripts.
- Developed and deployed SSIS packages to Integration Services to be run as SQL jobs on SQL Server 2008 and 2012 to execute long-running business processes.
- Reduced the need to manually submit paper claims (HCFA 1500) for reimbursement by implementing an electronic data interchange (EDI) solution where X12 837 health care claims are submitted to various providers and trading partners electronically.
- Reduced posting errors and increased efficiency and revenue by implementing an EDI solution where X12 835 remittance advice transactions are received and processed electronically from various providers and trading partners.
- Increased productivity and efficiency as well as reduced collection and billing costs for the company’s clients by designing and developing an EDI solution where X12 270 eligibility and benefit inquiries are transmitted to various providers and X12 271 eligibility and benefit responses are received electronically.
- Deployed web applications, Windows services, and BizTalk applications to production for every release cycle.
Senior Software Engineer2007 - 2012QQ Solutions
- Converted the company’s legacy windows application to a web application using VB.NET, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2005 back-end to reduce the various costs resulting from a Windows application.
- Improved the efficiency and reduced failed transfers of the company’s image/document upload process by replacing the legacy process with a file streaming service using WCF technology to transfer files to and from a desktop client application over HTTP.
- Designed and developed a single sign-on system using ASP.NET 3.5 and C# to bridge the gap between legacy Windows applications and the various web applications.
- Implemented a solution for the sales team and customer service team to quickly provision accounts for new customers using a click-once application and windows service which resulted in an automated process that replaced the manual process performed by the database administrator.
- Designed and developed ASP.NET MVC 3 applications using Entity Framework 4.0, SQL Server 2005 and jQuery.
- Designed and developed an application programming interface (API) using ASP.NET Web API to be consumed by external software vendors.
- Built applications using Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Determined the performance bottlenecks of the company’s web applications by creating custom web tests and load tests using the testing suite available in Visual Studio 2010.
- Trained the quality control staff in the best and most efficient testing procedures/practices.