Senior Full-stack Developer2019 - 2021Bloomberg B.V.
Technologies: C++, Python, Back-end, Android, iOS, UX Design, REST APIs
- Implemented new email rendering on mobile that performs on par with Gmail and beats Gmail concerning business use cases.
- Implemented 2 C++ microservices, serving email and file operations.
- Reduced Android-email-related code lines by half with gradual refactoring.
- Implemented a Python library to work with Bloomberg Mobile service systems for quick prototyping and testing functionalities.
Android Developer2016 - 2019Booking.com B.V.
Technologies: A/B Testing, Android, Java, UX Design, REST APIs
- Gained in-depth experience in A/B testing experimentation.
- Designed and implemented an MVPP, a practical UI model that excels in an agile environment and works better with the legacy codebase.
- Handled database queries and data-driven decision-making.
Software Engineering Manager2013 - 2016McAfee
Technologies: Java, C, Android, REST APIs
- Architected the current McAfee anti-malware app on Android. The core framework is a RxJava-like library before reactive programming became as popular as today.
- Delivered an anti-malware SDK to Samsung that is used on Galaxy phones.
- Hired and built a engineering team in Seoul.
- Architected a new online help system with XML and XSLT that eases the work and pipeline for translators and developers.
Software Architect2012 - 2013TPV Display Technologies
- Oversaw and helped in the development of a Philips TV platform.
Team Lead2010 - 2011Zoran Corporation
Technologies: Linux, Embedded Systems, C++, C
- Managed a team of seven developers and delivered three Sony TV models.
- Improved the graphics driver of our chip and greatly increased the alpha blending speed which is the key to win the Sony business.
- Implemented Audio DAP tuning and EQ tuning utility on PC with Qt.
- Built a multi-threading library with C++.
Software Engineer2007 - 2010MediaTek, Inc.
Technologies: ThreadX, Embedded Linux, C++, C
- Developed embedded operating systems and drivers.
- Worked on IC verification (working with chip designers) for a chip bring-up, system clock, dynamic random-access memory (DRAM), Flash, I2C, universal asynchronous receiver-transmitter (UART), and general-purpose input/output (GPIO).
- Managed and was in charge of MTK tool development, for system debugging, Flash burning, and more.