Freelance Web Developer2019 - 2020BugReplay
Technologies: React, Go, Web Extensions
- Built web extensions for Chrome and Firefox—allowing users to create bug reports by recording their browser’s screen, console, and network traffic.
Web Developer2019 - 2020TCB Analytics
Technologies: R, Shiny, jQuery, Bootstrap, Docker
- Designed and implemented data visualizations for wind energy traders to better track price changes and risk in financial instruments over time.
- Created a market research reporting tool with spreadsheet functionality and anomaly detection.
Associate Director | Senior Engineer2014 - 2019Maxwell Health
Technologies: Node.js, Express.js, TypeScript, React, Redux, Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- Created Tempo: a user interface that has enabled benefits packages to be easily configured for thousands of employers using Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB, React, Redux, and AWS.
- Deployed and supported over a dozen microservices using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Built ETL tool and cron job to load hundreds of thousands of insurance plans nightly from third party sources using Bash, node.js, and Kubernetes.
- Helped to create a new payroll system to surface demographic and coverage changes to HR users using event sourcing backed by PHP, DynamoDB, MySQL, and SQS.
- Spearheaded the replatforming of our benefits shopping experience for employees to allow mobile enrollment, improve usability, and support internationalization using React, Redux, and styled-components.
- Set up and maintained many test suites for various applications using Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Ava, Bats, PHPUnit, and Cucumber.
- Created a search engine for small group medical insurance plans using Elasticsearch, Node.js, Express.js, Mustache, and jQuery.
- Performed load testing to determine possible performance issues prior to product launch using Artillery.
- Built an EDI platform allowing member elections to be synchronized to all major insurance carriers using Python and Pandas.