Verified Expert in Engineering
Will is a proven engineer and leader who's comfortable working across the stack in pursuit of shipping valuable software. He believes that communication is vital to any project but especially when working remotely. For technical matters, Will thinks that the most important processes are those that prevent problems from arising in the first place: a clear consensus on the requirements, code reviews, practicing TDD, and maintaining a QA mindset.
The most amazing...
...project I've created is Roar! a web extension that automatically captures a snapshot of any online issue and addresses a tweet to the site's maintainer.
Technical Lead | International Development
- Managed development of Android application for taking soy seed orders in Brazil. Major considerations included offline-first support, internationalization, and mobile payments.
- Led team building web application to support Brazilian agriculturalists manage their land holdings and track crop prices across international markets.
- Oversaw sales tools to track performance, usage, and manage authorization among Brazilian growers.
Freelance Web Developer
- Built web extensions for Chrome and Firefox—allowing users to create bug reports by recording their browser’s screen, console, and network traffic.
- Designed and implemented data visualizations for wind energy traders to better track price changes and risk in financial instruments over time.
- Created a market research reporting tool with spreadsheet functionality and anomaly detection.
Associate Director | Senior Engineer
- Created Tempo: a user interface that has enabled benefits packages to be easily configured for thousands of employers using Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB, React, Redux, and AWS.
- Deployed and supported over a dozen microservices using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Built ETL tool and cron job to load hundreds of thousands of insurance plans nightly from third-party sources using Bash, Node.js, and Kubernetes.
- Helped to create a new payroll system to surface demographic and coverage changes to HR users using event sourcing backed by PHP, DynamoDB, MySQL, and SQS.
- Spearheaded the re-platforming of our benefits shopping experience for employees to allow mobile enrollment, improve usability, and support internationalization using React, Redux, and styled-components.
- Set up and maintained many test suites for various applications using Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Ava, Bats, PHPUnit, and Cucumber.
- Created a search engine for small group medical insurance plans using Elasticsearch, Node.js, Express.js, Mustache, and jQuery.
- Performed load testing to determine possible performance issues prior to product launch using Artillery.
- Built an EDI platform allowing member elections to be synchronized to all major insurance carriers using Python and Pandas.
Roar! by More Human Internethttps://morehumaninternet.org/roar/
React Native, Express.js, Koa, Redux, Jest, RStudio Shiny, Bootstrap
React, Chai, Sinon.JS, jQuery, Mustache, Node.js
Mocha, AWS SDK, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
Functional Programming, Agile
Android, Linux, Unix, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker
Mobile App Development, Android Development, Software Development, Freelancing, Enzyme, Web Extensions, Mathematics
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics
Williams College - Williamstown, MA, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring