Web Developer2019 - PRESENTTCB Analytics
Technologies: R, Shiny, jQuery, Bootstrap, Docker
- Built a user interface for market research reporting tool using R, Shiny, jQuery, and Bootstrap.
- Added a drag-n-drop tree functionality to allow the easy construction of hierarchical pivot tables.
- Improved the user experience by using event listeners to enable intuitive addition and deletion of page elements with the enter and backspace keys.
- Wrote a Dockerfile for the project which enabled a consistent, containerized deployment.
- Created a testing framework and utilized runtime assertions to ensure correct application behavior in common and edge cases.
Associate Director | Senior Engineer2014 - PRESENTMaxwell Health
Technologies: Node.js, Express.js, TypeScript, React, Redux, Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- Created Tempo, a user interface that has enabled benefits packages to be easily configured for thousands of employers using Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB, React, Redux, and AWS.
- Deployed and supported over a dozen microservices using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Built ETL tool and cron job to load hundreds of thousands of insurance plans nightly from third party sources using Bash, node.js, and Kubernetes.
- Helped to create a new payroll system to surface demographic and coverage changes to HR users using event sourcing backed by PHP, DynamoDB, MySQL, and SQS.
- Spearheaded the re-platforming of our benefits shopping experience for employees to allow mobile enrollment, improve usability, and support internationalization using React, Redux, and styled-components.
- Set up and maintained many test suites for various applications using Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Ava, Bats, PHPUnit, and Cucumber.
- Created a search engine for small group medical insurance plans using Elasticsearch, Node.js, Express.js, Mustache, and jQuery.
- Performed load testing to determine possible performance issues prior to product launch using Artillery.
- Built an EDI platform allowing member elections to be synchronized to all major insurance carriers using Python and Pandas.