- Search Technology EngineerCortex Technology2014 - 2014
Technologies: ElasticSearch, Node.js, jQuery, Perl
- Designed and implemented a topic-specific search from start to end.
- Developed an asynchronous web crawler in Node.js.
- Implemented data extraction in Perl / Inline::C.
- Created a HTML5 web front-end.
- Combined results from focused info niches.
- Language Designer, EngineerBlue Whale Software2009 - 2013
- Designed and developed project-specific programming languages.
- Handled flexible parsing and syntactic and semantic analysis.
- Resolved algebraic types.
- Transformed semantic trees.
- Created system libraries.
- Independent contractor for several research projectsUniversity at Buffalo2004 - 2013
Technologies: Perl, lpSolve, jQuery, HTML, CSS
- Participated actively in economics research. Independently developed a novel auction theory to address the specific requirements of a proposed FCC incentive spectrum auction process.
- Implemented several combinatorial auction models.
- Found the exact solutions to NP-complex combinatorial auction optimization problems with integer-linear optimization.
- Simulated trading strategies.
- Integrated the features of our applications in a wiki system to enable my client to build a Japanese web user interface for his application without needing programming skills. Allowed the client to have full control of the application's appearance.
- Independent contractor for research projectNebraska University2008 - 2009
Technologies: C, Inline::C, Perl, jQuery, HTML, CSS
- Developed a nucleosome search engine for genomic research.
- Participated actively in research and analysis of the bio-technological processes affecting our data.
- Developed problem-specific algorithms for feature detection, matching, and signal/noise separation.
- Maintained full ownership of data analysis and the search engine from design to implementation.
- Developed a dynamic web interface for qualitative results and graphs.
- Created a command-line interface and Perl APIs for quantitative results and integration with other tools.
- Designed and implemented a flexible, problem-specific query language.
- Implemented fast search on large data sets with C, Inline::C, and PDL.
- Implemented flexible features by rapid development with Perl.
- Published the results in PLOS ONE: Yaakov Belch, Jingyi Yang, Yang Liu, Sridhar A. Malkaram, Rong Liu, Jean-Jack M. Riethoven, Istvan Ladunga: "Weakly Positioned Nucleosomes Enhance the Transcriptional Competency of Chromatin" --- http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0012984.
- Search Back-End DeveloperPagebull -- Visual Search Engine2005 - 2007
Technologies: Perl, Inline::C, C, TCP/IP
- Created an synchronous, distributed web crawler.
- Developed asynchronous libraries. Implemented HTTP 1.1 from scratch (in 2005, Node.js was not yet available).
- Handled reverse indexing.
- Implemented distributed, fast storage for image data.
- Adapted Agile practices to changing business needs.