Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and Software Developer
Yasar is an infrastructure developer and architect with strong experience in IT with large accounts passing through several areas of expertise on complex projects with excellent customer skills in cloud-native technologies. He led worldwide projects with international teams to transform legacy systems to the cloud with full automatization. Yasar can work under strict deadlines and complex business requirements and brings superior technical skills that help teams improve and be successful.
Linux, Terraform, Ansible, Azure PaaS, Azure DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Docker, Storage, Git, Visual Studio
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is implementing an Azure cloud solution in an existing legacy system with full automatization (Azure DevOps).
Azure Architect | DevOps Engineer
- Performed relocation infrastructure application and transformation from a legacy server to Azure cloud and privileged only the PaaS solution. Azure DevOps was used for IAC deployment and applications.
- Used an Azure DevOps board to track tasks for all teams.
- Implemented a secure solution with Azure DevOps with Terraform, Docker, Ansible, and DevSecOps.
- Provided support for multi projects towards IaaS, SaaS, CaaS, and PaaS, including Azure Web Apps, SQL database, Data Factory, and AKS.
- Implemented a big data architecture with Azure Databricks and Data Factory and automation with Azure DevOps CI/CD to monitor finance and accounting.
- Migrated websites hosted in a client DC to the Azure cloud (CaaS mode) with different phases, such as design, build, run, and CI/CD implementation with Azure DevOps.
- Deployed a secure API Management and configured OpenID authentification.
- Delivered the full Azure landing zone VWAN or the hub-and-spoke model.
- Deployed the naming convention restriction and security policy.
- Collaborated on the POC and migration data from legacy NetApp to Azure cloud (Netapp CVO or Azure file shares).
- Led the technical design, governance, compliance, security, and deployment of an entire Azure landing zone hub and spoke network for insurance in the EU region.
- Utilized Terraform and Azure DevOps to automate the infrastructure.
- Defined and deployed the Azure policy to enforce the naming convention and security compliance.
- Assisted stakeholders in implementing the Azure infrastructure and moving from an on-premise application to the cloud.
- Helped improve stakeholders' capacity to implement API management with the Application Gateway and secure tracking.
Azure Security | Audit Engineer
- Performed infrastructure audits and provided optimization and best practices advice.
- Utilized various tools and techniques to identify vulnerabilities, conduct network and application-level assessments, and exploit weaknesses.
- Led penetration testing engagements to evaluate the security posture of cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Collaborated with development and operations teams to implement security controls and enhance resilience against potential attacks.
- Documented and reported findings, including prioritized remediation recommendations.
Azure DevOps Engineer
- Deployed and supported the Boomi platform for industrialized application flows, ensuring efficient and streamlined processes within the organization.
- Collaborated with stakeholders to implement Azure solutions, such as WAF, APIM, Azure Snowflake, and Synapse, while adhering to internal security policies.
- Designed and developed a NetApp CVO solution to successfully migrate on-premise storage to the cloud, improving data accessibility and scalability.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration and optimal performance of implemented solutions.
- Conducted regular audits to ensure compliance, identifying and addressing potential issues or risks.
- Mentored and guided team members, providing support and fostering their professional growth.
- Worked for a pharmaceutical company with a workforce of over 5,700 employees across teams based in the US and Europe.
Enterprise Azure Cloud Architect
- Worked on a Terraform module to industrialize the infrastructure.
- Took part in daily scrum stand-up meetings and organized the work with the Azure DevOps boards.
- Designed and implemented an Azure DevOps pipeline and reviewed and validated the code.
Azure DevOps Cloud Architect
- Led the technical design, governance, compliance, security, and deployment of an entire Azure Virtual WAN landing zone for a laboratory with +32,000 workers across the US, Europe, and Japan.
- Used Terraform and Azure DevOps to automate the infrastructure provisioning process, reducing manual effort and increasing efficiency. Implemented CI/CD pipelines for seamless integration and monitoring with the Azure Monitor.
- Completed the initial project scheduled for nine months within a remarkable time frame of three months.
System and Storage Expert
- Served as a system expert for Unix, including Aix, Solaris, HP-UX, and Linux, and storage expert for EMC, Hitachi, Purestrorage, and NetApp.
- Set up a complex production environment for migration and monitoring.
- Served as a technical lead with project managers, system administrators, database, and application teams during all phases of projects, from design to implementation.
Azure DevOps Engineering
The goal was to introduce the cloud solution, the existing infrastructure, and day-to-day progress in full DevOps implementation. I led fully remote cloud engineering teams (onshore and offshore) across Asia and Europe.
My role was also to advise on the cloud design solution, implement the IAC module, and check the company compliance policy. It would lead to deploying an entire landing zone and include defining ExpressRoute, the hub and spoke, services, and a list of patterns that could be used with the IAC module. The benefit was standardizing IT and applications, which reduced the deployment time from two weeks to one day, increased the number of IAC and applications, and reduced deadlines and costs.
Terragrunt, Jenkins Pipeline
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Azure Virtual Network Gateway, Azure DevOps Services, Azure Key Vault, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, HashiCorp, VMware, VPN, Azure Application Gateway, Azure Logic Apps, Helm, Git, Visual Studio, ELK (Elastic Stack), Azure Web Application Firewall
Azure DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), DevSecOps, DevOps
Linux, Azure, Azure PaaS, Kubernetes, Databricks, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Rancher, MacOS, Windows, Azure IaaS, Docker, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX
NetApp, EMC VNX SAN, EMC VMAX, Azure Blobs, Data Centers, MySQL, Azure Active Directory, Docker Cloud, On-premise, Azure SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Dell Boomi
Azure VDI, Azure Virtual Networks, Storage, IBM Storage, Blob Storage, Oracle Solaris, CI/CD Pipelines, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Infrastructure, Architecture, Virtual Machines, Programming, Algorithms, DevOps Engineer, SecOps, IP Routing, Border Gateway Protocol, Systems Monitoring, Cloud Security, Scripting, Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP), Networks, TCP/IP, Kubernetes Operations (kOps), Security, Azure Data Factory, Administration, Subnet, WAN, ExpressRoute, Hub-and-spoke Networking, Firewalls, Azure Virtual Machines, Pulumi, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), ARM, IT Audits, Cloud Infrastructure
SQL, YAML, Bash, Python 3, Python, C#
Windows PowerShell, WebApp
Master's Degree in Computer Systems and Networks
Pierre and Marie Curie University - Paris, France
Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
The Linux Foundation
Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) (LF-u38kbcpqhl)
The Linux Foundation
Microsoft Certified Trainer (H476-5228)
Microsoft Azure Developer Associate
Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert (H376-2581)
Exam AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies (H305-8539)
Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate
Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring