Founder | CTO2013 - PRESENTScalabull
Technologies: Python, Jupyter Notebook, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Node.js, Rust, Mongo, Elasticsearch, Redis, NSQ.io, ZeroMQ, Meteor, React, Ruby, CouchDB, MySQL
- Architected and managed a technology stack with over 150 microservices; implemented over 100 of the microservices.
- Built a platform for submitting and receiving medical data to/from hospitals, physician's offices, and laboratories in a variety of formats—resulting in a guaranteed real-time message delivery.
- Leveraged millions of healthcare datapoints to implement machine learning tools that optimize workflows and provide non-trivial insights.
- Ensured that HIPAA security best-practices are used throughout the organization.
- Managed four different product teams over the company lifespan. In chronological order: Built a data warehouse, completed Quest Diagnostics & LabCorp certified integrations, built a cloud-based platform for interface management, developed machine learning APIs.
Software Engineering Contractor2018 - 2019TerraClear
Technologies: AWS Lambda, SQS, RDS, EC2, S3, Node.js, PostgreSQL, TypeScript
- Served as a stopgap in an early stage startup while the founders searched for dedicated employees. Discussions with the team spanned machine learning, software engineering, and devOps strategies.
- Developed a pipeline to incorporate machine learning into the flagship application.
- This was an opportunity to work with an all-star cast of tech industry veterans. I learned a lot, and was able to provide value in a time of need.
- Leveraged the AWS ecosystem, with loose coupling for optionally switching to locally-hosted solutions or other vendors.
- Built command line tools for submitting and monitoring ML jobs.
- Built an open source service mesh that we forked internally; all done during the course of the above work.
Seasonal Software Engineering Intern2008 - 2012RxNT
- Developed a TWAIN driver for electronic signature processing.
- Created tools for processing messy text data.
- Implemented rudimentary web applications for marketing and internal use.
- Fixed bugs in the production application.
- Helped implement new features in the production application.