Founder | CTO2013 - PRESENTScalabull
Technologies: MySQL, CouchDB, Ruby, React, Meteor, ZeroMQ, NSQ.io, Redis, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Rust, Node.js, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Jupyter Notebook, Python
- Architected and managed a technology stack with over 150 microservices; implemented over 100 of the microservices.
- Built a platform for submitting and receiving medical data to/from hospitals, physician's offices, and laboratories in a variety of formats—resulting in guaranteed real-time message delivery.
- Leveraged millions of healthcare data points to implement machine learning tools that optimize workflows and provide non-trivial insights.
- Ensured that HIPAA security best-practices are used throughout the organization.
- Managed four different product teams over the company lifespan. In chronological order: Built a data warehouse, completed Quest Diagnostics & LabCorp certified integrations, built a cloud-based platform for interface management, developed machine learning APIs.
Software Engineering Contractor2018 - 2019TerraClear
Technologies: TypeScript, PostgreSQL, Node.js, AWS S3, AWS EC2, Relational Database Services (RDS), Amazon SQS, AWS Lambda
- Served as a stopgap in an early-stage startup while the founders searched for dedicated employees. Discussions with the team spanned machine learning, software engineering, and DevOps strategies.
- Developed a pipeline to incorporate machine learning into the flagship application.
- Worked with an all-star cast of tech industry veterans. I learned a lot and was able to provide value in a time of need.
- Leveraged the AWS ecosystem, with loose coupling for optionally switching to locally-hosted solutions or other vendors.
- Built command line tools for submitting and monitoring ML jobs.
- Developed an open source service mesh that we forked internally; all of it was done during the course of the above work.
Seasonal Software Engineering Intern2008 - 2012RxNT
- Developed a TWAIN driver for electronic signature processing.
- Created tools for processing messy text data.
- Implemented rudimentary web applications for marketing and internal use.
- Fixed bugs in the production application.
- Helped implement new features in the production application.