CEO2019 - PRESENTHyperion Data
- Developed a Vue.js web app used by thousands of volunteers across the country for the annual Point In Time (PIT) count.
- Developed a Vue.js web app for monitoring the point in time count where administrators can see the data coming in real time, contacted volunteers, cleaned up data, and exported it to a variety of formats.
- Spoke to non-profits across the country to identify common practices for the Point In Time (PIT) count.
- Built a Go Web API and back-end functions in TypeScript.
- Worked with and managed a contractor to speed up development.
Individual Contributor2018 - PRESENTFreelance
- Fixed a bug in Microsoft and TypeScript (some valid refactorings weren't being recognized).
- Added minor functionality to multi-organization Material-UI, one of the most common UI frameworks for React.
- Identified, reported, and diagnosed a bug in HuggingFace tokenizers - a machine learning library written in Rust and Python.
Senior Application Developer2018 - 2019Ultimate Medical Academy
Technologies: Angular, C#, .NET Core, Azure, SQL, GraphQL, Git, APIs, REST APIs, Cloud, DevOps
- Identified a pain point (it was difficult to see what data was available, where it was available from, and to manage to query it from different sources), suggested a solution (GraphQL), built an MVP, and shepherded it into mainstream use.
- Served as the developer representative for the architecture team, suggesting broad improvements to the way we were doing things.
- Developed a dynamic rules engine to flexibly and transparently control scheduling outreach to students.
- Introduced unit tests, integration tests, and load testing to a company that desperately needed those ideas.
- Designed and built multiple web service APIs (some by myself, some with others).
- Contributed to the development of an Angular web app to streamline the enrollment process for students.
Software Engineer II2015 - 2018Accusoft
Technologies: C#, C++, SDKs, Digital Imaging, GitLab, Jenkins, Agile Software Development
- Standardized the process for handling support requests across five SDK teams.
- Standardized the Git and CI/CD processes across five SDK teams.
- Designed and architected a major new feature (programmatic comparison of PDF files).
- Served as scrum master for a team of five and interfaced with other scrum masters to keep the teams aligned.
- Added functionality to support PDF/A and Acroforms in the PDF imaging library.