Senior Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTJuvo Mobile
Technologies: Python, Node.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Go, React
- Restructured the existing codebase into a microservice architecture. Refactored the codebase and extracted the communication logic to different carriers from the Rails engine to a separate standalone Golang microservice.
- Utilized GRPC protocols to bridge the existing base service to the new, spin-off microservice. Architected the schema and project structure of the microservices.
- Collaborated with the back-end and design teams to build the front end of the service. Used React, Redux, Next.js, and Rebass as the primary front-end toolkit and D3.js as the graph presentation facility.
- Wrote a standalone microservice on our partner side to sanitize data inflow and outflow. This included anonymizing the MSISDN of the user by inbound encryption and outbound decryption or replacement of specific information on request and response.
- Designed and implemented the project structure and functions of a server working as a gateway in Golang.
- Delivered a user-friendly configuration file in YAML to allow users to define the patterns of requests they want to match and locations to replace or encrypt/decrypt in the request or response.
- Created a locating strategy to allocate the place for operation so that it can perform the desired sanitization on path, query, or body with key-value pair, JSONPath, or XML.
- Implemented different load balancing strategies including simple, Round Robin or weighted, or power of two random choices, fair, sticky sessions, or sticky path.
CTO2019 - 2020CliquePass Singapore
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), React Native
- Developed an online registration portal http://cliquepass.com/ for partners to join on our education platform. The component including stepped procedure design and signature recording.
- Developed a mobile app using React Native, including location-based services, course displays, social networking functions, enabling the sharing of one's favorite courses with friends, and the registration of courses.
- Included a loyalty and a payment system into the codebase.
- Automated deployment using the latest CI/CD technology. Streamlined the process with Git commit.
- Prepared knowledge for the presentation layer/container segregation in React Design and npm packages, including navigation, authE, and authO modules.
- Delivered seamless and pixel-perfect translation of wireframe from Zeplin design and storyboard. Optimized performance on every level, including back-end cache, API optimization, and image compression.
- Chose the best back-end technology to support, including the Golang framework, Beego, Gin, Mutex, or Ruby on Rails, Pythonic approach including Flask, Django, or a streamlined product like Firebase.
- Used AWS to host the service. Set up EC2 and EBS with VPC to secure the communication and Route53 to assign the Elastic IP a domain.
Senior Full-stack Developer2018 - 2019Funding Societies
Technologies: React Native, React, Angular, Go, Python, Java, Node.js, C#
- Developed a command center (a central control system for all related microservices API) using Angular CLI.
- Participated in core service upgrades, including member-services, finance services, and wallet-services deployed on AWS cloud using Node.js, Golang, and C#.
- Built an auto allocation investment feature, with member services CRUDing the auto allocation settings and finance. The service of allocating the loan amount on each investor was based on their credit score, loan quantum, and loyalty tiers.
- Performed technical support and consulted business teams on the financing flow. Assisted with emergence.
- Developed notification services to digest information from Amazon Kinesis Streams and trigger the corresponding audience, using SMS, email, and Firebase messages based on the designed protocols and settings.
Software Engineer2016 - 2018Works Applications Co., Ltd.
Technologies: Node.js, Thymeleaf, Google Closure, Spring, Java
- Achieved, on average, an "A" grade for the design and documentation of a web-based human resource management and inventory system. Wrote catalogs regarding documentation about the merits and features of the software systems.
- Created HR and inventory system business solutions to smoothen the user flow and cater to different use cases. Implemented these systems with jQuery, HTML5, Bootstrap, and a pre-defined database library.
- Utilized Google Closure and Spring to design a highly usable data manipulation and maintenance page.
- Delivered full-stack development including user flow design, user interface design, back-end implementation, client-side implementation, component design, and data base interaction.
- Generated code for data the maintenance page of different data access objects using Spring Roo. Developed functions that allowed the showing, editing, importing, exporting, and adding of data.
- Utilized client-to-server web socket communication and maintained the observer for information updates on both sides.
- Channeled information among different application servers to sync data and share resources using Kafka.
- Wrapped a Spring template and incremented features such as big file transfers and trans-application entity transmissions.
- Decorated the Jackson library to provide a stable configuration, including the addition of a serializer and deserializer to other products.
- Configured the mail server to send emails to mass recipients with blacklists or other functions. Maintained a stable flow of tasks in a given thread. If a request has not responded within a certain time frame, it will reject this task.
Software Engineer2013 - 2016Continental Automotive Singapore
Technologies: C#, Python, MonoScript, XPath, C++, XML, EB GUIDE, Java
- Integrated and tested the infotainment system. Created an average of two quick prototypes and proof-of-concepts each week.
- Designed, documented, and ran the test suites. Developed an automatic script to generate flashing files that could update and flash the hardware through a USB interface with a batch file and .NET frameworks saving more than 90% of the workflow time.
- Implemented and tested enhancement feature requests to improve the product functionality for the Ford project. Developed an automatic testing framework and test suite for modules such as board computers, scroll bars, trip menus, and trip resets.
- Drafted requirements documentation. Finished the test report and implemented automotive software with Unity3D for the HMI Framework and tool.
- Evaluated and integrated to iMX6D. Designed and implemented modules, including media browser, skinning, language support, radio list, warnings, weather, menus, and board computers.
- Participated as a key team member in the Unity3D group designing software architecture and integrations.
- Solved framework setup issues such as DPool, storyboards, communication, events, animations, and HMI design. The team won first place and obtained high compliments from the judge.
- Developed a Man-Machine Interface using Embedded Presentation Framework. Expert in EBGuide HMI Design and Tooling with Java and C#, C++. Designed and Implemented EB Guide plugins, checks, macros, and widgets.
- Implemented modules like navigation, off-road, lap timers, Hill Down, and control. Expert in the XML approach in modeling design.