Co-author2014 - PRESENTBetterTube (formerly MediaBurner)
Technologies: Python, Node.js, iOS, Django, MongoDB, Objective-C, Buildbot
- Served as the only back-end developer in the team, developing BetterTube's robust and scalable back-end server using Python, Django, and MongoDB. The site serves 700k users and an average of 100,000 active users per day.
- Developed a music recommendation system for BetterTube using Python, enabling BetterTube to recommend content based on a user's taste.
- Worked with third-party contract designers and led them to generate the best UI outcomes for BetterTube's iOS app.
- Helped the front-end team to implement the UI design into the real iOS app using Objective-C.
- Set up the Buildbot continuous integration server for BetterTube. Customized Buildbot in Python to better serve BetterTube's logic.
Technologies: React.js, Es6, Sass, Git, Materialize CSS, Gulp, Babel, NPM, Lodash
- Developed a front-end feature for supporting users exchange written feedback.
- Developed and Tested responsive web page features by following designers's UI design.
- Reviewed code with other front-end developers in Bitbucket.
- Working tightly with team members using Git for code commitment, Trello for peoject management.
Full-stack Software Developer2015 - 2016SensorUp
- Developed complete client login and signup modules that include UI design and back-end web service.
- Developed an interactive Geo-visualization web application that allows clients to display/manage sensor data on web maps using D3.js, highCharts.js.
- Developed internal sensor data processing tools to convert user input sensor information into IoT sensor data format.
Software Product Engineer2013 - 2014Esri
Technologies: Python, Node.js, MongoDB, ArcPy, NumPy, NetCDF, C++
- Contributed to ArcPy codebase, which allows ArcGIS users to automate GIS tasks and logic using Python and supplementary libraries (NumPy, NetCDF, etc).
- Contributed to the internal event management server written in Node.js and MongoDB which accepts build information from build engineers and classify/log issues based on issue's category and description.
- Contributed to the testing framework API (Python, C++) which enables other software engineers to write unit/harness tests which better serves ArcPy's internal logic.
- Contributed to ArcGIS geo-processing functionalities written in C++.