Senior IT Specialist2013 - PRESENTMasinerija d. o. o.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Heroku, Java, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Objective-C
- Led development efforts, coordinating, delegating, and monitoring work among the team members when working on the same projects.
- Created a Ruby on Rails back-end that supports a mobile social network based on JSON API, complete with in app purchase support and a push notification server running in the background without affecting the web server process.
- Integrated image processing into an iOS application made for a festival for animated films so that users can make stop motion films and share them with their friends. Included an option for taking photos with the festival logo.
- Served as a lecturer at various programming workshops (Android, iOS, and programming smartphones as musical instruments).
- Developed a location-based application for delivering information about museums in Croatia and a similar app about restaurants and food products. Both apps are usable offline because their data is custom-synced to the online database.
Audio Engineering and Software Development2012 - 2013Freelance
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Objective-C
- Completed freelance development of several iOS apps.
- Was responsible for composing and producing commissioned music for TV shows, animated movies, and commercials.
- Recorded various bands and was responsible for mixing and postproduction.
IT Architect2001 - 2012Vestigo d. o. o.
Technologies: IBM Db2, CICS, AIX, z/OS, Java EE
- Designed and developed parts of a proprietary framework for rapid development of business software (a parametric menu system in Swing backed by DB2 and synced with a server).
- Designed and developed an interface layer between Vestigo's card management software and MasterCard, Visa, and Diners financial services. Was responsible for implementing Visa, MasterCard, and Diners data formats, interfacing them to the database and making the parser and generator configurable to make changes in the data format parameterizable by a non-programmer business analyst.
- Coordinated the client's and Vestigo's in-house team two times a year on a three-month project to implement changes introduced in MasterCard, Visa, and Diners financial services.
- Mentored and educated new programmers. Used in-depth knowledge of the proprietary framework to add unsupported features (uploading files to information systems from Citrix terminals). Developed a lot of features in Vestigo's business software package. Provided business requirement analysis in card management and worked with clients from Italy and Slovenia on the analysis of their business processes.
- Reworked an especially complex part of a collection module of Card Management Software from code that introduced many different errors in data to atomized code that had clear logical units of work and worked according to expectations.
Back-end/Front-end Developer2000 - 2001Iskon d. o. o.
Technologies: Apache Tomcat, Apache, JSP, Java Application Servers
- Developed a multiplayer games as Java plugins for a proprietary chat engine on Iskon's web portal. The chat engine was written as a Java Applet and had an interface that enabled us to create Java applets which could communicate with each other. I worked on a 4 in a row game and chess (no AI, just multiplayer).
- Developed parts of a CMS in JSP and related technologies. Developed the engine for serving campaigns.
- Developed a classifieds website based on Oracle, Tomcat, Apache, and JSP.
- Ported ASP code to JSP for a part of the "Klik" portal. Acquired by Iskon.