Zoran is a detail-oriented Android developer who has successfully completed a number of international collaboration projects. He is hard-working, takes his responsibilities seriously, and prioritizes customer satisfaction by delivering high-quality products in short timeframes.
ExperienceObject-oriented Programming (OOP) - 8 yearsJava - 8 yearsAndroid SDK - 6 yearsAgile Software Development - 5 yearsCrashlytics - 4 yearsAndroid Studio - 4 yearsJira - 4 yearsGoogle Maps - 3 years
Slack, Jira, Bitbucket, Android Studio
The most amazing...
...app I've developed is MassRoots, an Android app for social networking. "Instagram for stoners" is how the users describe it.
FlightCar, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Developed software to communicate with the REST API.
- Built a tool to poll the server for updates from a background service.
- Created location change detection using background services and user notification after a given time interval.
- Programmed custom date and time pickers and handled different time zones for making reservations.
- Created activity handling and fragment back-stacking for different cases of jumping from notification into a specific app screen or displaying screen takeovers.
Socialmist AB (via Toptal)
- Transformed the UI of an existing Android application and added a new feature for recording, importing, and processing videos.
- Implemented the complete post creation flow including recording videos with custom camera, importing videos, merging, cropping, and trimming them, and adding the audio stream from a SoundCloud track.
- Updated the UI and added some elements and behavior to give the app more Material Design UX.
- Made major improvements to image loading.
- Implemented auto-start video playback on list scroll.
- Implemented a custom swipe-to-remove-comment item.
- Made many other optimizations and improvements.
MassRoots, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Developed the Android app for the world's largest network for legal cannabis users, serving over 250K accounts (including iOS and web) and rapidly growing.
- Took over the app in its early stage of development, fixed a variety of bugs, handled a complete UI and functional redesign, and implemented image and video editing/posting and many other features.
Datho Digital Inc. (via Toptal)
- Developed an Android VPN controller app as part of the Datho Digital VPN plugin for XBMC (http://xbmc.org/).
- Developed an Android app giving users a list of recipes that can be made with the ingredients that users have in the fridge. Implemented the complete UI and added some interesting animations. Adapted the basic version of the app to the new RESTful API and corrected the process of storing and manipulating with the data on the local SQLite database. Integrated Facebook and allowed the users to post custom graph stories.
- Developed a native Android application for radio streaming and RSS news reading from the web page, Facebook page, and Twitter profile of this radio station.
- Developed a native Android application for a digital society based in Canada. It allows users to post, like, and comment on photos, invite other users to join groups and accept challenges, and follow the activity of other users. Implemented the app to communicate with the server via REST API. Implemented a specific rotating wheel graphic element as a menu feature with movements controlled by the user.
- Developed a native Android application for registering properties and assets by using custom camera photos and a bar code scanner. It allowed the user to save an asset only by taking its bar code and to order the assets in rooms and properties. Created a custom camera feature for the user to take several photos and choose which to upload or assign to an asset. Developed complex action bar navigation through activities and fragments. Used REST web services to communicate with the server.
- Contributed to the development of an Android app for restaurants. It allowed guests to view the menu and order. Enabled waiters to receive detailed orders with the same app. Worked on synchronization of requests from different customers to the waiters.
- Helped develop an Android app for tracking vehicles. Used Google Maps to implement a system showing planned routes for the vehicle. Included dynamic creation of routes as the vehicle moved, sending the current position to a server and receiving information for new routes from the server.
- Developed a web application for publishing news and events using C#.
- Developed a 3-tiered web application for selling tickets using C#. Mapped the data with Entity Framework and implemented automated emailing of unique codes in QR format to the users purchasing a ticket.
I've implemented the complete post creating flow including recording videos with custom camera, importing videos, merging, cropping and trimming them, and adding the audio stream from a SoundCloud track (the key point of the app).
Also, I've updated the UI and added some elements and behavior to give the app more of a material design UX. Major improvements were made to the image loading. Video playback on list scroll and a custom swipe-to-remove comment item were implemented. Many other optimizations and improvements were made.
*The Android/iOS apps are currently unavailable due to rebranding. Will be out soon.
I implemented the complete UI and added some interesting animations. I also adapted the basic version of the app to the new RESTful API and corrected the process of storing and manipulating with the data on the local SQLite database. Also, I integrated Facebook and allowed the users to post custom graph stories.
VPN Controller App
Java, XML, HTML, CSS, Kotlin
Android SDK, .NET
Android Studio, SourceTree, Gradle, Jira, Crashlytics, Slack, Subversion (SVN), CVS, Git, Bitbucket, YouTrack, Trello, Adobe Photoshop, Eclipse IDE
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Extreme Programming, Agile Software Development, REST
Android, Parse, Windows
Back-end Development, User Interface (UI), Google Material Design
Parse SDK, Fabric, FFmpeg, Google Maps, Fresco, Google API, Picasso, Android API, Entity Framework, Google Maps API, Google Location API, SoundCloud API, Mixpanel Android API, GPUImage, Facebook SDK, Facebook Open Graph API, Twitter API
JSON, SQLite, Microsoft SQL Server
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Ss. Cyril and Methodius University - Skopje, Macedonia