CEO & Founder2014 - PRESENTQuantum Soft d.o.o
- Provided management, development, and consulting services for clients.
Lecturer2008 - PRESENTFaculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing
Technologies: Test-driven Development (TDD), Domain-driven Design (DDD), Object-oriented Design (OOD)
- Taught a subject with over 100 students; gave lectures and performed exams in object design for a master of science program.
Senioer Software Engineer2018 - 2018Ontario Die International
Technologies: Linux, ROS, C++
- Contracted for the development of a new robotic system for bending steel cavities, based on Robotic Operation System (ROS). Implemented a complete forming simulator for simulation of the bending process of complex cavities, enabling fast and accurate detection of any collisions during the bending process.
Head of Software Development2017 - 2018Rimac Automobili
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, InfluxDB, Spring, Java, Yocto, Linux, Qt, C++
- Expanded the team in a matter of months from 5 to 13 people.
- Initiated the reorganization of software processes and improvements in planning.
- Created a strategic roadmap for further development in the area of in-vehicle infotainment systems.
Consultant2016 - 2017Robotic Vision Technologies
Technologies: Computer Vision, COM, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Win32, C++
- Consulted for RVT with the objective of assessing the state of the design and architecture of a fifteen-year-old C++/Win32 codebase and upgrading the codebase to work on Windows 10.
- Led the development of RVT's eVisionFactory software, a vision-guided robot system that uses computer vision to enable industrial robots to "see" their surroundings and changes in the environment and adjust to them, significantly extending the scope of potential applications for these robots in industry.
Lead Developer2016 - 2016Global Zone
Technologies: Video Streaming, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), C++
- Developed a video alarm event manager for an Australian client's client-server system for fetching and showing video streams from a remote network video recorder in order for security staff to verify the reported alarm.
- Wrote the system in C++ with a back-end server connecting to all relevant alarm inputs and notifying clients (implemented with MFC) of all relevant alarms, enabling them to connect to remote NVR and playback video feed to assess the severity of the alarm.
Project Leader2015 - 2016Infigo IS
- Led implementation and deployment of Infigos' fraud monitoring system for detecting fraudulent transactions in banks. Based on Splunk platform, with almost real-time detection capability of possibly fraudulent transactions, it was deployed to several banks in the region.
Contractor2014 - 2015HRID - Non-destructive Testing
Technologies: .NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), C#
- Oversaw and mentored a couple of senior-year students.
- Collaborated to design and build a .NET WPF-based application for 3D models of industrial piping systems. Its main use case was defining measurement grids on the pipes for entering measured data about pipe thickness.
- Implemented different features for visualization and statistical analysis of measured data.
Team Leader2014 - 2015Five Minutes
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC, C#
- Led a team of ten senior .NET web developers on a project for a US client in the enterprise stuffing industry.
Team Lead2009 - 2014Telegra
Technologies: Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), C#, C++
- Expanded the topXview team in two years from three to fifteen people and led the development of a new version of topXview Platform, Telegra’s premier SW product for intelligent traffic systems applications, based on C++/.NET/C#/WPF technology.
- Initiated improvements in the software development process, leading internal reorganization and development of a dedicated system for objective realization planning and tracking.
- Participated in strategic positioning of topXview platform on the ITS market and prepared for bids in dozens of international tenders.
Teaching Assistant and Post-doc Researcher1998 - 2008Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing
Technologies: ASP.NET, .NET, C#, C++, C
- Lectured programming in C, algorithms and data structures, operational research, programming paradigms and languages, and object-oriented programming.
- Led twelve students through their B.Sc. theses and published six papers at conferences and in journals.
- Taught numerous professional courses, from the basics of programming for high school CS teachers to courses on Agile development and object-oriented design for developers in Croatian firms (Končar, FINA, King ICT).
- Contributed to the implementation of a system for online students.
- Contributed to the implementation of a system for supporting subsidized student nutrition (basically, a credit card type system for distributing vouchers that students use in selected restaurants)—mostly C# back-end applications.
- Contributed to the implementation (as part of a PhD thesis) of a system for optimizing ship construction—optimization engine in C++/CLI with front-end GUI in C#.
Lead Developer2001 - 2007INETEC - Institute for Nuclear Technology
Technologies: Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), C++
- Participated as an external contractor from the beginning in the implementation of EddyOne system for gathering, management, and analysis of steam generator tube damage data in nuclear power plants.
- Implemented the EddyOne Analysis application (over 200.000 LOC in C++, with MFC front-end) used for visualization of gathered data and its analyses.
- Helped in forming and growing a team that developed parts of the system for data acquisition and management, which established EddyOne as a complete platform for efficient management of the whole process of steam generator inspection in nuclear plants, used in many parts of the world, from neighbor Slovenia to Brazil, Russia and China.