Delivery Pursuit Specialist - US-Based Applicants
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote workforce.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
This is a remote position.
As a Delivery Pursuit Specialist, you will be responsible for working closely with Toptal’s Sales, Practices, and Alliances teams to qualify and secure new clients through consultative selling best practices and technical assessments. You will be responsible for delivering world-class client experiences, expanding the breadth and depth of the Toptal Delivery portfolio in the Enterprise space, and serving as a subject matter expert in general software development life cycle methodologies. This role will also require the ability to consult with internal stakeholders and Toptal’s talent network to scope projects, plan resources, and build proposal decks to win new client work.
To excel in this position, you should have a strong background in either account or relationship management across Enterprise clients and experience with software delivery consulting or software development. The role requires the ability to proactively identify and fulfill client needs, even in situations where clear guidance may not be immediately available from client stakeholders. It will also be important to have strong knowledge of project management process stages and the supporting processes during an engagement (e.g., scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management, etc.). The Delivery Pursuit Specialist must have excellent stakeholder relationship management skills to successfully navigate client conversations and instill confidence for the client in Toptal’s ability to execute on any delivery request. This role will report to the Director of Delivery Operations.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Work with Toptal’s Sales team to qualify and secure new clients.
- Be a subject matter expert and an effective consultant on Toptal’s Delivery Model’s value proposition, approach, and methodologies.
- Ensure all project proposals are delivered successfully and according to Toptal’s process, methodology, and quality standards.
- Be a knowledgeable resource on the software development life cycle – plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, and implement.
- Collaborate with internal account team members to leverage subject matter experts to support client challenges.
- Work with internal pursuit teams to consult on and create high-level project plans, including time/cost estimation and resource scheduling for successful implementation.
- Ensure smooth client handoff from Sales to Delivery team.
- Inform weekly and monthly pipeline, revenue, and conversion reports.
- Support internal Sales teams by providing training on various Toptal Delivery models.
- Work with Toptal’s Talent Operations team to identify and secure resources that ensure the right combinations of expertise and skill set for client proposals and projects.
- Brainstorm and execute initiatives for new business development across the Sales team.
- Maintain strong knowledge of emerging market trends and technologies.
- Build trusted relationships with Toptal clients and internal team members.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Zoom and Slack.
- Perform essential job functions: regularly and reliably attend scheduled virtual team meetings, use all required digital collaboration tools, work independently with minimal supervision, self-prioritize and self-manage workflows and deadlines, and work at a desk/computer for extended periods of time.
In the first week, expect to:
- Familiarize yourself with the organization’s operations, including OKRs, RACIs, and other operational frameworks.
- Undergo role-specific training to understand the procedures and tools currently utilized within our Delivery Pursuit team.
- Meet colleagues in our Sales, Delivery, Practices, Talent, and other operational teams to begin your onboarding journey at Toptal.
In the first month, expect to:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the Customer team’s dynamics and how they collaborate effectively with other functions.
- Work directly with the Delivery Pursuit Lead to shadow calls, learn best practices, and support the team’s most pressing challenges.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Learn about Toptal’s Delivery Models, shadow colleagues on new pursuit calls, and begin building pursuit decks.
- Manage new pursuit calls for clients and drive cross-collaborative activities that directly affect revenue.
In the first six months to one year, expect to:
- Manage your own portfolio of pursuits and collaborate with Enterprise stakeholders to ensure client conversion and revenue growth.
- Become a trusted advisor to internal and external client stakeholders by engaging in consultative selling with clients, leveraging technical and business expertise, and asking insightful questions to arrive at optimal solutions.
- 3+ years experience directly supporting or working with sales teams (Revenue Operations, Software Solution Consultant, Relationship Management, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business, Engineering, English, or other related fields.
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle – plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, and implement.
- Comprehensive ability to quickly understand client intent or needs and convert that intent into actionable material and detailed content in sales proposals or on client calls.
- Superb written and verbal English communication skills.
- A strong knack for establishing and growing strong working relationships with clients and internal team members.
- Experience working with distributed teams, including the ability to work effectively as a remote member of a dynamic, distributed team with tight deadlines.
- Experience managing sales portfolio and pipeline in Salesforce.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a diverse array of contacts.
- Ability to travel outside of your geographic location, as may be required.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
The US-based salary range for this full-time position is $60,000- $100,000 per year. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
This position is also eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
Please note that the US-based salary range does not include the value of Toptal’s benefit offerings. In the US, Toptal’s benefit offerings include participation in a 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching contributions; medical, dental, and vision insurance plans in which Toptal pays 100% of the premiums for an employee’s coverage; basic life insurance coverage; short-term and long-term disability coverage; flexible spending accounts, including dependent care and health savings accounts, access to telehealth virtual doctors, an employee assistance program, and flexible paid time off.