Verified Expert in Design
Alexandra has over 12 years of experience as a product designer in four countries. She has partnered with both small startups as well as innovative, market-leading blue-chip brands at both top-line strategic and granular levels—including Johnnie Walker, Waitrose, Barclays, Weetabix, KFC, World Animal Protection, and more. Most recently, she has been working in a leadership role as a design director at a startup based in Helsinki.
Director of Product
- Created a customer interview program to get feedback when new features are designed and deployed.
- Defined overall product mission and vision and created a corresponding 2+ year product roadmap. Continued to direct and monitor progress toward a cohesive goal.
- Provided leadership and direction for the company where the product is concerned. Ensured cross-team alignment on company goals.
Senior User Experience Designer
- Designed and delivered website pricing web page in a way that clearly communicated features and functionality at each price point.
- Strategized how to migrate customers from server-based software solutions to cloud-based ones, including new and legacy customers.
- Worked closely with Customer Success to organize a usability testing program and feedback to the Buyer Experience team on early-stage solutions and marketing proposals.
Senior User Experience Designer
- Redesigned the components of a major international hotel's website.
- Created the UX strategy and provided insights about increasing corporate and occasion hotel bookings.
- Provided insights and designed the UX strategy around booking add-ons and packages.
- Contributed to a redesign of the information architecture of a major infant care brand website.
- Came up with initial concepts for the internal brand toolkit and guidelines for a major international toy company.
User Experience Lead
- Led the UX and design strategy for an internal fintech solution for a major multinational banking company.
- Worked directly with the client to work out initial and ongoing requirements.
- Worked on a team together with developers, digital designers, and QA.
- Managed the project planning and kept track of the schedules and timelines.
- Developed a website iteratively in response to continuous feedback as the requirements changed.
User Experience Designer
Bartle Bogle Hegarty
- Redesigned the responsive, global website for Johnnie Walker.
- Helped create an interactive, collaborative music experience for Waitrose's Christmas 2015 campaign incorporating the end user's native phone and computer hardware.
- Designed the UX and strategy for a self-funding wildlife campaign to educate travelers about the hidden truth behind animal tourism.
- Helped create an interactive game to help teach children to code in a fun and engaging way.
- Led an extensive customer experience mapping project to help a clothing brand understand its customers better. This involved stakeholder interviews, workshops, user focus groups, and lots of research and collaborative work.
London Borough of Camden
- Worked on the Camden Access Programme—improving the interface and functionality of the online penalty charge notice system.
- Helped redesign the online council tenant issue reporting system.
- Established a fundamental UX framework where there hadn't been one before.
- Spearheaded a UX style guide to steer the overall user experience and ensure its consistency moving forward.
- Helped improve digital access, reduce waste, avoid duplication, and improve reporting across all customer service functions.
Marketing and Web Manager
- Created and implemented an overall yearly digital marketing and public relations strategy.
- Coordinated and facilitated community meetups.
- Created, planned, and ran topical hackathons.
Digital Creative | UX Designer
- Created wireframes and conducted IA/UX reviews for the Hippodrome Casino's website.
- Helped develop the concept for interactive video story used as a tool to promote Berghaus outdoor clothing brand. Made a fairly complex project simple-to-understand and easy-to-navigate from a user’s point of view.
- Conducted tests and reviews of old and new sites to make sure information was complete, correct, and functional. Implemented improvements for navigational flow, user interaction, and increased accessibility in relevant areas.
Participated as an Exchange Student in Industrial Design
École Nationale Supérieure de Création Industrielle - Paris, France
Master's Degree in Music
The University of Art and Design Helsinki (Sibelius Academy) - Helsinki, Finland
Master's Degree in New Media
The University of Art and Design Helsinki - Helsinki, Finland
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Fine Art
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago - Chicago, IL, USA
High School Diploma in General Studies
The Kent School - Kent, CT, USA