Verified Expert in Design
Andrea is a UX designer who loves to solve problems and create products. She has 10+ years of professional experience in the digital product space and within that period she led in-house design teams, worked remotely with startups and big corporations, created mobile games played by millions, and mentored junior designers. Andrea is always on the lookout for interesting challenges and collaborations.
Nanit | Smart Baby Monitor iOS App
Platform for Matching Tenants To Properties
Acqui-hire Web Platform
- Worked with a small team on building a digital presence for a new franchise of automotive service shops.
- Designed and built a franchise website with Squarespace.
- Conducted usability tests to refine the car booking experience.
- Was the only designer in an early-stage Silicon Valley startup.
- Worked closely with CEO on product vision and rapid iterations, collaborated with developers on implementation, and with the marketing team on conversion optimization.
- Designed several native apps, responsive web apps for internal use, as well as consumer-facing websites and landing pages.
- Was responsible for sketching, wireframing, prototyping as well as delivering final UI with dev specifications. Went through several company pivots as well as changes in the business model.
- Conducted usability and product tests to help inform product direction. Conducted competition research and surveys.
- Created product illustrations, designed marketing materials, and deck pitches.
- Designed mobile and web apps for mostly USA clients, ranging from lean startups to large corporations.
- Worked on a wide range of products: from an app for an IoT device to a hotel-booking app, social platform, enterprise financial solutions, and eCommerce flows.
- Functioned as a part of a small cross-functional team, working in lean and agile environments, delivering efficiently and on-time.
- Responsible for every aspect of the UX phase: user and competition research, sketching, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, iterating, and analytics.
- Has hands-on-experience with onsite client workshops and design sprints.
Head of the Art Department
- Established the entire look, feel, and usability aspect of games played by millions of gamers and featured on the App Store (US).
- Led and managed 17 artists and designers on a day-to-day basis.
- Directed every aspect of the game development cycles, from initial sketches as the art director to later phases as the design teams' team leader, project manager, and mentor.
- Involved in day-to-day coordination between production, design, and development teams.
- Screened, conducted interviews, and mentored new hires.
UI/UX Designer | Illustrator | Animator
- Created an entire interface for several mobile apps and a dozen of games.
- Managed the entire UI/UX phase on different apps like a to-do shopping list, a dieting app, and an app for tracking a woman's cycle.
- Experienced with independent work as a single designer on a project or working in teams with several designers.
- Delivered creative concepts and final deliveries for mobile games, including marketing materials and company branding.
- Created character designs, animations, landscape designs, and icon designs.
- Freelanced as a visual and branding designer for international clients.
- Worked on web, print, and mobile projects.
- Worked on promotional materials for small-to-medium companies.
- Designed logo types and branding materials.
- Prepared materials for the print process.
Master of Arts in Industrial Design
Faculty of Architecture, University of Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia