Verified Expert in Design
Detail-oriented brand and digital designer with over a decade of experience working with teams and companies of all sizes, Ruby is passionate about building simple and thoughtful design solutions with functionality at its core. Ruby has won several awards throughout their career and helped build and launch products that millions of people use daily (Elevate, Balance, and Marco Polo). Notable clients include Magnolia, Google, REI, Irvine Company, Choice Hotels, TechCrunch, and This Saves Lives.
Founder | Senior Brand and Digital Designer
- Increased the This Saves Lives' conversion rate by redesigning the web store and improving the core UI/UX shopping experience.
- Spearheaded the website redesign and development that improved the visibility of an award-winning, specialist high-end construction company in London, UK.
- Led the website redesign for Avalanche blockchain's fastest smart contracts platform in the blockchain industry.
- Led the redesign of the 2Betties Shopify website, which increased the conversion rate and improved the core UI/UX shopping experience.
- Led the UI/UX design and research, identified problems, proposed improvements, and developed new features for the Marco Polo app.
- Spearheaded brand development and designed a responsive eCommerce website for a medical marijuana directory and discovery startup from the US.
- Led the redesign of the Juiced Bikes web store experience and improved the core UI/UX shopping experience.
- Led the design and development of the website, developed the brand identity and guidelines, and designed the social media and print materials for Mikasa Studio, a vacation rental company.
- Won several web awards, two times featured in interaction, two times featured in graphic design (Best of Behance), featured in Los Logos 8 book, and LogoLounge 12 book.
Senior Product Designer
- Led UX/UI for both iOS and Android platforms, web design, marketing, visual, and brand identity design for Balance meditation app.
- Designed and shipped features that increased retention, number of subscribers, ratings, and user satisfaction in Balance and Elevate apps.
- Worked closely with the marketing team on designing and shipping successful promotional campaigns that increased downloads, revenue, and daily active user numbers.
- Identified and resolved flaws, conducted user research, analysis, and A/B testing, and developed new ideas on how the UX/UI experience could be improved.
- Collaborated with design, engineering, content, marketing, and data teams to implement new features, A/B testing, marketing campaigns, and process improvements.
- Developed extensive brand guidelines, social media, and marketing templates that built the social following for Balance (from 100 to 17,000+ followers).
- Collaborated and managed day-to-day work with external contractors on website development, illustration creating, and other app visuals.
- Won Google's Best App of 2021, Communication Arts Award of Excellence, three times MUX Awards, and received three features by Apple in the App Store, including the App of the Day for Balance app.
- Received over 1 million downloads, more than 30,0000 reviews, 4.9 ratings on Apple's App Store, bringing the Balance app among one of the highest-rated meditation apps.
- Led redesign and development of the employee and employer pages.
- Proposed and implemented new features and UX/UI improvements across the web platform and dashboards.
- Led redesign of multiple user-facing features and pages like job boards, candidate profiles, messages, talent wizard, pricing, and client landing.
- Collaborated closely with product managers, designers, developers, and marketing teams to implement new web features, testing, and marketing campaigns.
- Led UX/UI design of Stephen Hawking’s Snapshots of Universe iOS app and received a feature in Apple’s App Store.
- Redesigned the UX/UI of the Ministry of Sound iOS and Android app.
- Proposed UX/UI improvements and new ideas for the Choice Hotels, TechCrunch, Farmigo, Flaviar, and Gannett news apps.
- Developed UX/UI and visual design for the UI kits that received over 80,000 downloads and two features in Best of Behance: Interaction.
- Collaborated with project managers, designers, developers, and key stakeholders on the implementation of new features, testing, and process improvements.
- Completed all kinds of graphic design and digital design tasks.
- Worked on websites, apps, icon designs, print materials, among others.
- Contributed to the creation and design of the Facebook campaign for their studio.
Adobe Certified Prepress Operator in Graphic Design
Algebra Open University - Zagreb, Croatia
Diploma in Information Design
Polytechnic of Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia
Adobe Prepress Operator: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat