Verified Expert in Design
Julien is a US-based senior designer and creative director with over eight years of experience who has worked across 13 sectors and on five continents for major companies like Apple, Sony, Volkswagen, Fosun, Prudential, etc., and startups alike. Julien's expertise lies in providing a multidisciplinary approach to projects delivering holistic creative solutions from strategy to implementation.
Setting the Culture at a Biotech Startup
An Apple-inspired Lifestyle and Electronic Store
Branding an Art and Wellness Project
Studio Julius Cornelius
- Directed projects in branding, industrial design, experience design, retail design, and more, from concept to implementation for startups, major companies, and design consultancies, including Sony, Volkswagen, Fosun, Apple, etc.
- Conceptualized and designed two seasonal campaigns, key visuals, and merchandising products for Starbucks China.
- Set the design culture at a biotech/healthcare through design strategy, branding, illustration, visual design, etc.
- Helped Prudential rethink its e-learning content and lead the presentation design for compliance purposes.
- Aided the design of a collaborative card game, including content, packaging, fundraising campaign, social media presence, etc., and successfully raised 179% of the original goal.
- Developed an illustration-centric brand while overseeing management and opportunities for collaborations and merchandising.
- Created the visual identity of a B2B tech logistics company.
- Supported a major wellness social media account and helped them grow to 200 thousand followers through strategy sessions, visual design, social media design, and more.
- Supported the design needs of several B2B, B2C, and D2C companies.
- Volunteered with the American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) to mentor young and upcoming designers.
- Led teams across several projects, sectors, and mediums, including retail design, branding, product design, etc.
- Set the tone for Abbott's China spatial design language and crafted guidelines for their trade show booth design.
- Developed a brand and a new award-winning range of products for a sports factory launching its own content.
- Supported an F&B local company's growth by developing from one to over 30 stores and providing branded content for their online social media and marketing campaigns.
- Strategized a new VI for a startup specializing in mobile advertising.
- Designed a new standard for an American toothpaste company licensed in China.
- Created branding and packaging design for a healthy Japanese-style takeaway service.
- Managed the strategic design and brand development for Yu Garden and the Fosun group.
- Led the art direction for the rebranded styling of Sany's heavy vehicle range.
- Participated in the design thinking process for Volkswagen, Oreo, etc.
- Provided art direction and design of assets for the Cordence consultancy network.
- Developed prospective solutions for FMCG sleeping products.
- Led the discovery phase for several exploratory projects.
- Provided design insights and directed and designed the creative aspects for some of the largest local companies and institutions, including the Thai government, Siam Cement Group, etc.
- Designed the branding of an electronic lifestyle brand owned by Copperwired, Apple Thailand's number one premium authorized reseller.
- Led the creative direction of a niche F&B brand in Shanghai and designed all brand touchpoints and customer interactions.
- Developed a signage solution for a premium luxury resort by Kengo Kuma.
- Rebranded a Malaysian gaming store chain, including brand and visual design, retail design, and web design.
- Supported the creative direction and design strategy development of an Indian-focused cosmetic brand.
- Transformed brands, developed visual identities, and designed communication, digital experiences, packaging, signage, and interior and retail design for various international clients in the South East Asian region.
Post-degree Cultural Progam in Chinese Crafts
Suzhou Art and Design Technology Insitute - Suzhou, China
Master's Degree in Design Research
Ecole Supérieure des Arts Appliqués de Bourgogne - Nevers, France
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design
Lycée Camille Claudel - Vauréal, France